After holding out for what seems like ions to make a decision re: new smartphones for my small business, I must say that the Priv is starting to stand out in a class by itself. Right now, I've been focused on the Note 5 and am also waiting to see what the new Lumias are like when they become available. Two quick questions about the Priv for those that might know:

Does the Priv support the ability to sync email and calendar via Exchange ActiveSync? Also, does it come with a native email client (not the gmail app) that enables one to create new emails, or forward previously received emails, to contact groups that are manually created on the device?

Thanks!
    10-26-15 11:34 AM
    EAS works great on iOS, BB10 and Android, so yes it SHOULD, email client, not sure, I hope it is better than the note 4 client, note 5 doesn't have this limitation (it tells you the max inbox size has been reached at 5K, I have 10K+ I'd like to sync locally).

You might want to lurk here too http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...dated-1043425/
    10-26-15 11:55 AM
    Not sure about the Priv. On my Nexus 5, I have 5 email accounts across 3 different apps:

Outlook app (1 Exchange account using active sync, and 2 hotmail accounts.)
    Yahoo app (1 Yahoo account)
    Gmail app (1 Gmail account)

You don't have to use Gmail, but when you setup your Google Services it will basically setup gmail, maps, etc automatically.

The Outlook app also allows you to setup , Yahoo, Gmail, iCloud, iMap email accounts. You can also sync OneDrive, DropBox and Box cloud services within the Outlook app.
    10-26-15 12:43 PM
    EAS is the BB10 method and it's perfect. I'm sure the same messaging will be built into the HUB. If I have to use a 3rd party client for email, I'm not getting it.
    10-26-15 01:45 PM
    EAS is the BB10 method and it's perfect. I'm sure the same messaging will be built into the HUB. If I have to use a 3rd party client for email, I'm not getting it.
    BB10 can use various methods. EAS isn't offered for newer Gmail accounts outside of Google.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:45 PM
    One of the selectable options on the similator was

"Exchange account (gmail)" which suggests you can set it up in gmail and the option was also there in the Hub.
    10-26-15 03:01 PM
    That's the thing...I don't want to use gmail. In our office, we have an exchange server and we use outlook for email, contacts and calendar. I'm hoping the priv can be configured to sync via EAS in a native email client that is NOT gmail (I.e. Some blackberry authored email client). If you look at other android devices like the Samsung's galaxy series or the HTC devices, the "skin" that comes with those devices has a native email client from the OEM (in addition to the gmail app). Hoping that's the same thing w/ the priv.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    10-26-15 05:58 PM
    That's the thing...I don't want to use gmail. In our office, we have an exchange server and we use outlook for email, contacts and calendar. I'm hoping the priv can be configured to sync via EAS in a native email client that is NOT gmail (I.e. Some blackberry authored email client). If you look at other android devices like the Samsung's galaxy series or the HTC devices, the "skin" that comes with those devices has a native email client from the OEM (in addition to the gmail app). Hoping that's the same thing w/ the priv.
    Every Android has such a thing, so it shouldn't be different. I was not referring to sending it through Gmail but Gmail itself.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 06:03 PM
    that's is what Hub is on Blackberry - it's the OEM provided email/pim client that also does a couple of others things rather than integral as it is on BB10. Its why it seems to collect rather than control notifications (which are all stock android).
    10-27-15 06:49 AM
    We'll see...

If you're on an Exchange service you could load and use Outlook, but I'm not sure I like the idea of that. I'm very, very interested in how this all comes together on the Priv, as it's one of the gating factors on how much I like this thing.
    10-27-15 07:03 AM
    There is no reason for all this discussion. The Priv will support EAS without even a shadow of a doubt.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:12 AM
    There is no reason for all this discussion. The Priv will support EAS without even a shadow of a doubt.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, just like every other phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:22 AM