My sister just bought a new BlackBerry Priv from amazon (unlocked -1) and is using it on the T-Mobile network. She is having a difficult time staying connected on voice calls using either cellular or WiFi calling. She lives and works near silicon Valley so the T-Mobile signal is strong near her. Anybody have any ideas?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-09-16 03:04 PM
    Is she using an old SIM card from another device? If so, she might want to try getting a new one from T-Mobile. She may also get help from a rep with possible settings that need to be set.

meep-meep!
    02-09-16 03:14 PM
    Is she using an old SIM card from another device? If so, she might want to try getting a new one from T-Mobile. She may also get help from a rep with possible settings that need to be set.

meep-meep!
    Thanks! I am having her call T-Mobile as we speak. Just thought I would query the forum in parallel. Could be faster!!

02-09-16 03:17 PM
    Also see if the APN settings are correct since it is unlocked and can run on different networks. Even though T-Mobile and Att are both GSM the user traffic on different bands can be more saturated than others.
    02-09-16 03:50 PM
    I have an unlocked - 1 that I got from ShopBlackBerry and am with T-Mobile. I have had a few instances where the WiFi seemed to be competing with the cellular service and either I could not hear the caller or they could not hear me. If you go to Settings under "more" & go to "wi-fi calling menu" you can change to "Cellular network preferred." Having it on that setting fixes the issue for me. then it then only reverts to wi-fi where there isn't cellular service.
    02-09-16 06:23 PM
    I have an unlocked - 1 that I got from ShopBlackBerry and am with T-Mobile. I have had a few instances where the WiFi seemed to be competing with the cellular service and either I could not hear the caller or they could not hear me. If you go to Settings under "more" & go to "wi-fi calling menu" you can change to "Cellular network preferred." Having it on that setting fixes the issue for me. then it then only reverts to wi-fi where there isn't cellular service.
    Awesome. I will have her try this.

02-09-16 06:42 PM
    Question - I have a Passport on Tmobile and am considering the Priv. Based on this thread, is it better to get a Priv from tmobile or shop blackberry? Less problems with Sim on a tmobile Priv? Better antenna on Tmobile? LTE Bands different? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:15 PM
    The models are the same for shop blackberry and T-Mobile. Both are the -1 variant. But the one directly from BlackBerry (or Amazon) will get faster updates....and can be used on other networks.

02-09-16 08:25 PM
    T-Mobile wifi calling was interfering with outbound calls on cellular. Once she disabled wifi calling, no more dropped outgoing calls.

02-12-16 09:27 AM
    I am glad to hear it worked to change the setting to cellular preferred.
    02-12-16 11:24 AM
    Question - I have a Passport on Tmobile and am considering the Priv. Based on this thread, is it better to get a Priv from tmobile or shop blackberry? Less problems with Sim on a tmobile Priv? Better antenna on Tmobile? LTE Bands different? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Get it from T-Mobile. That way if you have issue with it you can walk into a store and get it resolved - even doing a device swap if need be. Also I would suggest you do the 24 month installment plan - remember T-Mobile doesn't charge interest and you can pay it off at anytime.

That way while you're paying off the device, beyond the 1 year warranty, T-Mobile will more then likely help you if something goes wrong beyond the warranty period - at least that was the case with me when my phone started to act up after the warranty was done.
    joeyjay likes this.
    02-13-16 10:34 AM
    Get it from T-Mobile. That way if you have issue with it you can walk into a store and get it resolved - even doing a device swap if need be. Also I would suggest you do the 24 month installment plan - remember T-Mobile doesn't charge interest and you can pay it off at anytime.

That way while you're paying off the device, beyond the 1 year warranty, T-Mobile will more then likely help you if something goes wrong beyond the warranty period - at least that was the case with me when my phone started to act up after the warranty was done.
    My friend's husband is with Tmobile and is the rep there. He is having the same issues with his Priv and he has not even gone online to research on how to set the phone up or trouble shoot. So I doubt reps would be much help.

Posted via Classic or Leap
    02-21-16 11:06 AM