Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem. For 2 days my battery was draining extremely fast, and now i think i
    know why. It seems that my screen doesn't lock anymore when i hit the power button. No matter
    to what screen security i have set it, it just doesn't lock. Only when i reboot the phone i get to
    see the lock screen. I use to have it set at 'swipe' but that also doesn't work.

So i hit the power down button, and when i hit it again, i'm at my home screen (or whatever screen i was on)

i tried all possible settings, nothing works , help ! i'm getting SERIOUSLY bummed when i see how much
    trouble this priv has given my in my first week. i miss my passport , all the way !!!

thanks for any help.
    04-27-16 02:21 PM
    I seem to have found it. Since i'm running the Priv in dutch, i try to translate as good as i can :

Settings -> Display -> Screen is activated for : 'notifications lock screen ' or 'unlock'.
    I had set it to Unlock and it needs to be the first one...
    Try a hard reset. Hold power button down for 32-35 seconds. It should vibrate at least 3-4 times. Don't let go until time and vibrations have lapsed.
    You won't lose any data

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-27-16 02:37 PM
    Hi,

in the "Settings > Display" look for the option "Screen wakes to" you have 2 options

1. Lock Screen Notifications
    2. Unlock

try setting it to Lock Screen Notifications, does that now put you to the lock screen?

I know you said you tried this, but just in case...

Settings > Security - Power Button instantly locks (on/off) Make sure that is set to ON if it is off, then you will not see the lock screen when you press the power button, you will need to wait for your lock timeout to kick in.

*note this will not work if you have a smart lock enabled. (aka..connected via BT to a device ex. watch or a geo location)

just some things to try

Dev
    Product Manager - BlackBerry
    04-27-16 05:02 PM
    I seem to have found it. Since i'm running the Priv in dutch, i try to translate as good as i can :

Settings -> Display -> Screen is activated for : 'notifications lock screen ' or 'unlock'.
    I had set it to Unlock and it needs to be the first one...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-28-16 09:24 AM