I know that the PRIV is a BlackBerry and CrackBerry is for all things BlackBerry.

But I've spent more time over on Android Central lately.... and I just think that if more PRIV owners were over there participating, that maybe it would help other Android owner to see that the PRIV isn't just for BlackBerry lovers. Russell Holly posted a "blog" about "Unified messaging is a joke, and it probably always will be", it's really more about just messaging apps and no email... but still the HUB had the potential (if it had been supported by all these messaging apps) to make a great unified messaging app. Really don't know how the PRIV's HUB is working out currently... but it would be nice if there were some PRIV owners over there to talked about it.

I think PRIV owners staying on CrackBerry.... make the PRIV out of sight and out of mind, as the PRIV forum over there isn't used all that often.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-18-16 01:43 PM
    Even if I had a Priv , I would only support Crackberry as its a BB first.
    sushistew likes this.
    02-18-16 01:48 PM
    Even if I had a Priv , I would only support Crackberry as its a BB first.
    Get a Priv.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    middbrew likes this.
    02-18-16 02:10 PM
    I know that the PRIV is a BlackBerry and CrackBerry is for all things BlackBerry.

But I've spent more time over on Android Central lately.... and I just think that if more PRIV owners were over there participating, that maybe it would help other Android owner to see that the PRIV isn't just for BlackBerry lovers. Russell Holly posted a "blog" about "Unified messaging is a joke, and it probably always will be", it's really more about just messaging apps and no email... but still the HUB had the potential (if it had been supported by all these messaging apps) to make a great unified messaging app. Really don't know how the PRIV's HUB is working out currently... but it would be nice if there were some PRIV owners over there to talked about it.

I think PRIV owners staying on CrackBerry.... make the PRIV out of sight and out of mind, as the PRIV forum over there isn't used all that often.
    I've visited the Android Central Priv section a few times myself over the last couple of months... mostly to see for myself if the Android world was talking excitedly about the Priv as various CB posters kept saying. I saw no evidence that the Android community, or at least the community visiting Android Central had any interest whatsoever in the Priv.

The reality is that the Priv section on Android Central is a place where tumbleweed blows down deserted streets, and the very few posts that are there seem to be posters from CB. So, I'm pretty sure the perception within the Android world (which IMO is accurate) is that the Priv is an Android phone designed for ex-BB10 users ... and so holds limited appeal for general Android users. More ex-BB10, now Priv, owners posting in the Android Central forum aren't going to change that perception, they'll simply reinforce it.

As I've mentioned in another thread, unless you are into the PKB or the BB10-like Apps (factors establishing that you are almost certainly an ex-BB10'er), there are many cheaper, arguably better Android phones out there from established vendors. Threads related to those other phones seem much more active.
    02-18-16 02:18 PM
    Also I would think most Android people go to XDA
    artemis-kun likes this.
    02-18-16 02:20 PM
    Yeah, they don't talk about the Priv there either from what i could see.
    02-18-16 02:22 PM
    Yeah, they don't talk about the Priv there either from what i could see.
    Cause you can't root it ,
    02-18-16 02:36 PM
    Maybe so, but Android Central is used.... I'm just saying that within that community, more of a presence by PRIV owners would be good for BlackBerry - and not just in the PRIV section, but in the general discussions also.. Here, all you are going to find are people already familiar with BlackBerry....

It's like JeepBB said, it's tumbleweeds over there in the PRIV section of the forum.... even if someone there were interested, that alone might scare them off.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-18-16 02:37 PM
    Maybe so, but Android Central is used.... I'm just saying that within that community, more of a presence by PRIV owners would be good for BlackBerry - and not just in the PRIV section, but in the general discussions also.. Here, all you are going to find are people already familiar with BlackBerry....

It's like JeepBB said, it's tumbleweeds over there in the PRIV section of the forum.... even if someone there were interested, that alone might scare them off.
    It's not our responsibility to tell people about BB , that's there job.
    tdyhedge and xtremeled like this.
    02-18-16 02:39 PM
    Why are you here if you're using a "iPhone?"

Rock'n that Priv
    I use three platforms now.

If BB is going to make me change I will decide which I like.
    02-18-16 02:57 PM
    I've visited the Android Central Priv section a few times myself over the last couple of months... mostly to see for myself if the Android world was talking excitedly about the Priv as various CB posters kept saying. I saw no evidence that the Android community, or at least the community visiting Android Central had any interest whatsoever in the Priv.

The reality is that the Priv section on Android Central is a place where tumbleweed blows down deserted streets, and the very few posts that are there seem to be posters from CB. So, I'm pretty sure the perception within the Android world (which IMO is accurate) is that the Priv is an Android phone designed for ex-BB10 users ... and so holds limited appeal for general Android users. More ex-BB10, now Priv, owners posting in the Android Central forum aren't going to change that perception, they'll simply reinforce it.

As I've mentioned in another thread, unless you are into the PKB or the BB10-like Apps (factors establishing that you are almost certainly an ex-BB10'er), there are many cheaper, arguably better Android phones out there from established vendors. Threads related to those other phones seem much more active.
    If you have not already seen it, check out BlackBerry's official "commercial" for the Priv on YouTube. It is aimed exactly at BB10 users. In the early days of the announcement, Chen kept saying "apps". "Our customers wanted apps, so..." The Priv is still too new of a device to tell, but we'll see what the reception looks like in a year or so. In the meantime, we now got a BlackBerry with all the apps.

The Priv is really unique, not only for BlackBerry but also for Android. Not just with the pkb, either, but as a large, portrait, slider and a flagship. BlackBerry Services is also something unique, and one that will confuse a lot of Android users. The Hub, too. I really do not see many Android users "getting" the Hub anytime soon, if ever at all. And the launcher, as with rest nothing more than bloat.

We can discuss why BlackBerry went with Android all day long, but there should be no mistaking that the Priv is a BlackBerry handset meant for BlackBerry people. At least for now, anyways.

Since we are all a part of Mobile Nations, think of like this:

Here in the U.S. we can all come together as a nation and rally behind this or that. Yet, ultimately we self-divide ourselves between North and South, East Coast vs. West Coast, Texas vs. everyone else, California being it's own country, NYC being its own planet, the Midwest saying, "hey, don't forget about us!", rural vs city, and on and on. We can all freely move about and use the same currency but a dollar in Lousiana is worth "less" than that some dollar in NYC. Let us assume that our country is Android. If that is the case then the Priv is the Midwest. That is, it is a part of Android as much as the rest, but is fly-over country as far the rest is concerned. It is not until you move to the Midwest, despite all preconceived notions, when you realize it is just like everywhere else.

(I am from California and did live in the Midwest prior to landing on the East Coast).
    02-18-16 03:07 PM
    Since we are all a part of Mobile Nations, think of like this:

Here in the U.S. we can all come together as a nation and rally behind this or that. Yet, ultimately we self-divide ourselves between North and South, East Coast vs. West Coast, Texas vs. everyone else, California being it's own country, NYC being its own planet, the Midwest saying, "hey, don't forget about us!", rural vs city, and on and on. We can all freely move about and use the same currency but a dollar in Lousiana is worth "less" than that some dollar in NYC. Let us assume that our country is Android. If that is the case then the Priv is the Midwest. That is, it is a part of Android as much as the rest, but is fly-over country as far the rest is concerned. It is not until you move to the Midwest, despite all preconceived notions, when you realize it is just like everywhere else.

(I am from California and did live in the Midwest prior to landing on the East Coast).
    Yeah that sounds nice... but the simple truth is very few people like to visit other "states" here in the Mobile Nation. Or there would have been a bunch of HUB users explaining to Russel how great it is.... He's the one that reviewed the PRIV in the first place, but didn't even mention BlackBerry's HUB in his "unified messaging" blog.

I just think that if more PRIV owner accept that they are now part of Android, and participated over in Android Central... it might help raise awareness of the PRIV.
    02-18-16 03:24 PM
    Cause you can't root it ,
    Speaking of which my company informed me that I'm getting a Motorola Droid Turbo 2...... seems Verizon is offering them for free on corporate accounts. And I had been pushing for an upgrade....

Been reading up on it, apparently it can't be rooted either... so I guess BlackBerry isn't the only one that does that. Personally I was looking forward to rooting it. Biggest issue is all the Verizon bloatware.....
    02-18-16 03:30 PM
    Speaking of which my company informed me that I'm getting a Motorola Droid Turbo 2...... seems Verizon is offering them for free on corporate accounts. And I had been pushing for an upgrade....

Been reading up on it, apparently it can't be rooted either... so I guess BlackBerry isn't the only one that does that. Personally I was looking forward to rooting it. Biggest issue is all the Verizon bloatware.....
    You'll be wishing you could after having it for a while.
    My rooted 1+1 is twice the phone I think than when it was stock.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and sushistew like this.
    02-18-16 03:33 PM
    I just think that if more PRIV owner accept that they are now part of Android, and participated over in Android Central... it might help raise awareness of the PRIV.
    So, I should choose what forum I go to based on how much it would help BlackBerry rather than what I want?
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-18-16 03:35 PM
    So, I should choose what forum I go to based on how much it would help BlackBerry rather than what I want?
    I think the point he was making is that in general, awareness of the device is a good thing. The more devs that see the priv has a healthy following the more likely they are to expand into developing for it. If it looks like a dead platform, it will be just that..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-18-16 04:45 PM
    I think the point he was making is that in general, awareness of the device is a good thing. The more devs that see the priv has a healthy following the more likely they are to expand into developing for it. If it looks like a dead platform, it will be just that..

Considering the Priv uses Google's ecosystem, is there a need to develop for the Priv? Won't it get most apps by default?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-18-16 04:50 PM
    Considering the Priv uses Google's ecosystem, is there a need to develop for the Priv? Won't it get most apps by default?

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to think so. But some aren't. One note is one example. I'm sure there are more. But that's the big one for me as I used it heavily.

02-18-16 04:53 PM
    I'd love to think so. But some aren't. One note is one example. I'm sure there are more. But that's the big one for me as I used it heavily.

Interesting. Do they not work at all, or just not as effectively?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 05:01 PM
    Interesting. Do they not work at all, or just not as effectively?

Posted via CB10
    Not even available... Which is a real bummer..

Attached Thumbnails PRIV on CrackBerry is a mistake-4634.jpg  
    02-18-16 05:04 PM
    Not even available... Which is a real bummer..

Wow, that's annoying. You can't even "side load" it?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 05:34 PM
    Regardless of the forum it is posted within, PRIV rocks. I don't care what ya'll think. Doesn't matter at all. PRIV is just plain awesome.

PRIV is the best Android device available for several reasons. You mads bro? BlackBerry comes along and builds the best android device ever built. BlackBerry comes along and makes the only version of Android worth using at all. BlackBerry made the best all touch AND physical keyboard slider ever, IN ONE DEVICE!

If you don't like the PRIV, it's not the PRIV, it's you. You're making stuff up.

Johnny Dollar likes this.
    02-18-16 05:41 PM
    Wow, that's annoying. You can't even "side load" it?

Posted via CB10
    You can. Just sign up for the beta program and it gets pushed to your device and works fine.

This is a rather unique situation.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    02-18-16 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, only difference will be hardware manufactures creating special apps for their certain device. For example BlackBerry's productivity suite of apps

Posted from my Priv
    02-18-16 05:47 PM
    You can. Just sign up for the beta program and it gets pushed to your device and works fine.

This is a rather unique situation.
    Again I wish it were so. My wife and I are both on the beta program, neither can get one note on our devices.. They're looking into why.

All that aside, we both absolutely love the priv. And will not be going anywhere. I'm confident they will find a work around. Until then, I will just use a different method.

tufcustomer likes this.
    02-18-16 06:04 PM
52 123