When my wife shared a contact to me from her Leap via bbm (to my Priv), I long pressed on the contact file. My Priv asked me to which account I wanted to save the contact. After I choose my primary exchange activesync account, the phone acknowledged saving to my contact account. Then when I go to contacts the all contact category had grown by one (ie 100 + 1 to 101). However for the exchange account it still says 100 contacts. When I edit the new contact it lists my exchange account as the associated account but underneath the account name it says something like "Local Account Only". What the heck?! Anyone else?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    03-08-16 07:40 PM
    I feel your pain, I am so disappointed with this as well, I can't believe how this contact app works, something as simple as long press to get more information seems a no brainer

Posted via blackberry priv
    03-08-16 08:57 PM
    Anybody else have this issue or am I just lucky?

03-08-16 10:17 PM
    Is your EAS account set to sync?
    03-08-16 10:24 PM
    Yes my EAS is set to sync contacts. And it works correctly. If I add a contact from laptop via outlook it syncs to my Priv. Works in the other direction too.

Last edited by Centerman66; 03-08-16 at 10:56 PM.
    03-08-16 10:27 PM
    I've 2500 contacts on my exchange.... First sync I got 1000+ only ....then I deleted/restart/re added the account... number grows to 1900+
    One more time...i got them all except a kind of 20 something ....I decided to live with that

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-09-16 12:15 AM
    I have found if you use a Gmail account it works perfectly. I've had no luck with other accounts

Posted via my BlackBerry Slider
    03-09-16 05:22 AM
    I have found if you use a Gmail account it works perfectly. I've had no luck with other accounts

You mean when you try to add a contact shared to you via bbm and try to add it into an EAS account you experience the same thing I did?

03-09-16 10:51 AM
    Anybody have a fix or suggestion? c_bryant34?

03-09-16 11:53 AM
    I mean when I transferred contacts with BT or content transfer app

03-09-16 08:19 PM
    contacts seems to be a s'show. I have duplicates all over the place...primary phone numbers are being set to work fax settings...this sux and is almost a reason to dump the priv...kind of freaking about this and lack of proper snooze controls in the calender app.

if Chen is building a software company look out!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Berrydroid
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-09-16 08:52 PM
    Yea I had to manually go through and fix them all up but since then have been perfect. I'm having better luck then I did on BB10

03-10-16 04:32 AM
    Yea I had to manually go through and fix them all up but since then have been perfect. I'm having better luck then I did on BB10

with over 4000 contacts manual is really not an option...not even sure where to begin...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Berrydroid
    03-10-16 08:33 AM
    Or delete them all and import them to a Gmail account. That worked way better for me

03-10-16 03:59 PM
    The general rule of thumb is that I just keep everything on Local Contacts and ignore all the other views.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    03-10-16 04:07 PM
    When I get a contact shared to me and I save it to my exchange account, the contact entry lists my exchange account but says "saved to local device only". Anybody? Why is the exchange function not working correctly? This bug manifests on all three Privs in my organization.

Last edited by Centerman66; 03-14-16 at 06:47 PM.
    03-14-16 11:25 AM
    Today's BlackBerry services update did not fix this.

03-14-16 01:37 PM
    Not only is this a big deal we have lost the "copy to" feature that allows you to copy to some or all of your accounts. I hope this is fixed because it sucks to have to manually enter contacts or import for each account.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-14-16 01:58 PM
    When I get a contact shared to me and I save it to my exchange account, the contact entry lists my exchange account but says "saved to local device only". Anybody? Why is the exchange function not working correctly? This big manifests on all three Privs in my organization.

If you look in your Outlook on desktop, or wherever else you're syncing, do you see the contact listed there?
    03-14-16 04:42 PM
    If you look in your Outlook on desktop, or wherever else you're syncing, do you see the contact listed there?
    Nope. Never shows up on pc or other connected devices.

On the Priv the new contact isn't amongst my other EAS contacts (the only contact list I have). It is listed on my Priv in the "All" list, but in none of the sublists.

Thanks for responding.

03-14-16 06:46 PM
    By the way we have tested sharing contacts from Leap to Priv and from Priv to Priv. Neither work.

03-14-16 06:57 PM
    So to reproduce I should be able to make a contact on one device (say a bb10 device) and then share it via NFC or other means to the PRIV. Tap the received file to import, select to import it into my EAS account and, voila...problem? Yeah?

One other question, are you using Android for Work?
    03-14-16 09:13 PM
    So to reproduce I should be able to make a contact on one device (say a bb10 device) and then share it via NFC or other means to the PRIV. Tap the received file to import, select to import it into my EAS account and, voila...problem? Yeah?

One other question, are you using Android for Work?
    Just share by bbm from BB10 to Priv! That would recreate what I did exactly.

Nope. No android for work.

03-14-16 09:25 PM
    Just share by bbm from BB10 to Priv! That would recreate what I did exactly.

Nope. No android for work.

Thanks. Reproduced. Grabbing logs and creating a defect for the team to look at.
    03-15-16 10:56 AM
    Thanks. Reproduced. Grabbing logs and creating a defect for the team to look at.
    Thanks for being so proactive. That's top drawer.

03-15-16 11:27 AM
33 12