So a little back story:
    A few weeks ago, I sent in my release day Priv (bought from Telus) as it was having charging issues. Tried plugging it in to a pile of different chargers (including original, PlayBook, previous BlackBerry chargers, portable battery, fast adaptive chargers) and they show connected for a moment then disconnected right away. It shows the battery logo filling up, minus the lightning bolt, and seems to only lose power with 0 gain. Tried it in the car on the way home yesterday and it charged there fine for the few minutes, bring it back up to charge at home and no dice. Left it off over night turned off and plugged in, would just show battery charge icon then reset. Rinse and repeat. Fast forward to now, have warrantied it and received another unit. 3 weeks in, same issue. Charged overnight turned off and somehow got to 37%. Turned back on and back to square one. Have also tried rebooting in safe mode, soft and and hard reset.

Anyone else had this issue with their Priv? Any other suggestions before I'm stuck sending back this 3 week old Priv?
    06-08-16 06:56 AM
    You could try a Factory Reset and see if it's a software issue.... but that should be the same as Safe Mode.

Based on issues that many have had with the Battery and others that have reported charging issue... I'd say that returning is really the only option as its just a hardware issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-16 07:28 AM
    lackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    06-08-16 09:09 AM
    It's not that lacking...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-08-16 09:27 AM
    Try this.. turn your device on and plug the device into the charger that came with the device. Once you plug the device in a small toast should come up on the bottom of the screen indicating that the device is charging. Tap on that toast message and it should bring you into the battery details screen.. At the top of that white screen it should show you the means by which the device thinks it is being charged.. What does your device show? AC or USB? Android has an issue that affects all device types where, if you insert an AC charging cable too slowly, the OS might detect it as being a USB charging cable and the device will charge much slower than if it is detecting an AC charger.. If yours shows USB, plug your charger in faster and see what the battery screen shows.. Hope this helps and good luck.
    06-08-16 09:34 AM
    I'd sooner just call the device insurance and have them send me a working unit. Quite annoying to have to go through this again. BlackBerry needs to get these things right...

Try this.. turn your device on and plug the device into the charger that came with the device. Once you plug the device in a small toast should come up on the bottom of the screen indicating that the device is charging. Tap on that toast message and it should bring you into the battery details screen.. At the top of that white screen it should show you the means by which the device thinks it is being charged.. What does your device show? AC or USB? Android has an issue that affects all device types where, if you insert an AC charging cable too slowly, the OS might detect it as being a USB charging cable and the device will charge much slower than if it is detecting an AC charger.. If yours shows USB, plug your charger in faster and see what the battery screen shows.. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Will give this a try once I'm able to boot up for a decent amount of time again. Back at dead.

Thanks for the tips

:Edit: 10 mins with the insurance company and new Priv is being UPS'd overnight.
    Highly recommend eSecuritel!
    Last edited by lyricidal; 06-08-16 at 04:16 PM.
    06-08-16 03:39 PM
    So a little back story:
    A few weeks ago, I sent in my release day Priv (bought from Telus) as it was having charging issues. Tried plugging it in to a pile of different chargers (including original, PlayBook, previous BlackBerry chargers, portable battery, fast adaptive chargers) and they show connected for a moment then disconnected right away. It shows the battery logo filling up, minus the lightning bolt, and seems to only lose power with 0 gain. Tried it in the car on the way home yesterday and it charged there fine for the few minutes, bring it back up to charge at home and no dice. Left it off over night turned off and plugged in, would just show battery charge icon then reset. Rinse and repeat. Fast forward to now, have warrantied it and received another unit. 3 weeks in, same issue. Charged overnight turned off and somehow got to 37%. Turned back on and back to square one. Have also tried rebooting in safe mode, soft and and hard reset.

Anyone else had this issue with their Priv? Any other suggestions before I'm stuck sending back this 3 week old Priv?
    yep I have I was on MM beta and reported it several times. Its now charging since the last update but takes 10 hours to charge when switched on, 7-8 hours when switched on. Very frustrating. A few others on the beta having the same issue
    06-09-16 02:58 PM
    some great insight thanks, tried what suggested keeps on showing on that im charging over USB. I guess thats what the issue is, this developed for me after the marshmallow beta
    06-09-16 03:15 PM
    Hey hakdaddy1, gotta ask.. have you tried different chargers and or usb cables and are you getting the same experience? If not, please do and let us know how that goes.. Thanks
    06-10-16 10:11 AM
    Having identical issues.

Multiple charger/cable combos. No MM here. On TMo.

Phone oscillates between charging / disconnected.

Super annoying. Oddly enough, NEVER seen it at home, happens always at work. Tried multiple combos of chargers and cables in both places.

Home works. Work doesn't.

Weird. Was almost wondering if it could be a function of possibly messy line voltage, but really have no clue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-10-16 10:05 PM
    Hey hakdaddy1, gotta ask.. have you tried different chargers and or usb cables and are you getting the same experience? If not, please do and let us know how that goes.. Thanks

Yep sadly tried numerous chargers and battery packs from official BlackBerry chargers to qualcomm rapid chargers, to even samsung charger but same issues occur. Also switched around USB leads, it would seem the device thinks that that it's charging over a USB connection rather than an ac charge when I delve into the phone.
    06-13-16 02:19 AM
    FINALLY others are having the same issue. I've been experiencing this for a month now and many were unfamiliar with the issue or didn't understand what I was trying to explain. I started having issues the day after my MM update on my shopBlackberry. After several different cord/charger combos I found a wall charger combo that works as well as a USB cord that will charge the phone via desktop monitor. However every USB cord I use to plug it into a CPU pulls up a "unable to recognize USB device" error. Very annoying. I've tried soft resets, hard resets, rebooting in safe mode, wipe etc. It seems to be a hardware issue. Called BlackBerry support once to troubleshoot but didn't have time to finish. I'm making one more attempt before I request a new device.

06-14-16 12:31 AM
    Share your issues. My priv will no longer charge with USB connection from my car, on the plane nor my laptop. Battery icon looks like it's charging but no lightning bolt.

It's fine with the PB and native charger pack's. Strange.

Curious what they say.

06-14-16 10:34 PM
    Share your issues. My priv will no longer charge with USB connection from my car, on the plane nor my laptop. Battery icon looks like it's charging but no lightning bolt.

It's fine with the PB and native charger pack's. Strange.

Curious what they say.

Same exact issue!

06-15-16 08:27 AM
    This was my original thread attempting to seek answers regarding this. I plan on calling to complete a full troubleshoot by this week.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1072254

lyricidal likes this.
    06-15-16 08:33 AM
    Lyricidal. I have the exact same issue, but this is the THIRD time with the batter issue (this time I'm told I have Marshmallow, but I don't know if that is relevant. I posted yesterday, please see "will my priv nightmare ever end". Oddly enough, mine appears to charge in the car as well (but not anywhere else, although the car charge is like an increase of like 2% every half hour). I was thinking that I was getting the issues shortly after a car charge, but that's speculation. Wondering what you have done since 6/8. I cannot get Lackberry to help me resolve this at all.
    06-17-16 01:53 PM
    I have actually opened a ticket with them and managed to get some logs and screenshots to them.

Let's see if something materialzes from that.

I'll report back in this thread.

06-17-16 03:23 PM
    Has there been any update regarding your open case with BB tech support???

I have actually opened a ticket with them and managed to get some logs and screenshots to them.

Let's see if something materialzes from that.

I'll report back in this thread.

06-27-16 10:49 PM
    yes, sort of.

The update is: after sending numerous logs and screen shots sent to BB (which was a pain in the back of the front by the way), they have no resolution or explanation.

AS this was only happening to me at my work location, I just swapped the offending quick-charger for the BB supplied charger for my cradle, and I can at least charge from my cradle at work.

The offending quick charger is now in use at home with no issues. This is a wierd one.

SO, the answer is: there is no answer........unfortunately.
    06-30-16 01:45 PM
    i have no issues with mine.i do know it charges best with charger that came with it..my z10 charger looks same but doesn't seem to charge the same..it does charge faster in airplane mode if its powered..seems silly but worth a shot
    06-30-16 07:44 PM
    yes, sort of.

The update is: after sending numerous logs and screen shots sent to BB (which was a pain in the back of the front by the way), they have no resolution or explanation.

AS this was only happening to me at my work location, I just swapped the offending quick-charger for the BB supplied charger for my cradle, and I can at least charge from my cradle at work.

The offending quick charger is now in use at home with no issues. This is a wierd one.

SO, the answer is: there is no answer........unfortunately.
    I recently completed a troubleshoot session over the phone with them Thursday. Just as you after sending screenshots AND video clips of the different chargers and USB cords and how they react when connected to the wall, cpu and monitor they agreed that it was a hardware issue.

So I'll should have a brand new device by Tuesday they will be sending me.

07-03-16 10:11 AM
    I have had the same issue and also have a second priv that is doing the same thing. Charges on computer usb and in the car but not with the charger. It is not the charger or the cord...something going on with the software...
    10-04-16 10:58 AM
    Can only charge in car on on my playstation

10-05-16 01:09 AM
    You may have to call in a tix and troubleshoot like did in order to get a replacement if it's still under warranty.

10-09-16 10:57 PM
    I am having the exact same issue as the OP. Tried the charger phone came with, an Apple charger, a samsung charger, all do the same thing. Charges for a minute or two, then stops and drains. Phone is almost completely drained.

Only thing that worked was an old blackberry charger from 3 or 4 years ago that a colleague had who still uses a 3G blackberry. It's now charging. Very strange. Any thoughts?
    11-15-16 12:45 PM
52 123