No this isn't a bash thread. But for those wondering what the current status is from shopbbry orders. I requested a cancellation this morning. And I received a email asking if I wanted to proceed with that request. And this is the reply I received when I asked when would the priv ship
    "The release or start of the shipping will start on November 6 for the 1st batch and November 9 for the 2nd batch. The delivery of the order depends on the shipping method that was chosen when placed the order. Upon checking with your order, 1388032xxxx, it's International Express and the delivery will 5-6 business days"

I live in vancouver bc. I find it odd that my previous orders from them shipped with FedEx overnight and the priv will be sent with standard ground service. I hope I can find some in stores Friday for 799. Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:21 PM
    Yeah with my previous Shop BB orders I could choose standard or expedited. This time I didn't get a choice either
    11-03-15 02:25 PM
    I am not sure how accurate that is. Every time I ordered a phone from Shop BB before (4 times) I received the phone the next day and I never 'chose' the shipping method as they don't charge for that. So I don't see why it should be different this time.
    11-03-15 02:25 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. But either way I'm one of those NOW people so unless I was to receive it on Friday, Monday is too late for me. Adding to the that the 100 dollar premium for potentially getting a phone after launch date. I've always been able to get a new bbry on launch day in store so hopefully that doesn't change.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:29 PM
    No this isn't a bash thread. But for those wondering what the current status is from shopbbry orders. I requested a cancellation this morning. And I received a email asking if I wanted to proceed with that request. And this is the reply I received when I asked when would the priv ship
    "The release or start of the shipping will start on November 6 for the 1st batch and November 9 for the 2nd batch. The delivery of the order depends on the shipping method that was chosen when placed the order. Upon checking with your order, 1388032xxxx, it's International Express and the delivery will 5-6 business days"

I live in vancouver bc. I find it odd that my previous orders from them shipped with FedEx overnight and the priv will be sent with standard ground service. I hope I can find some in stores Friday for 799. Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    Im gonna pick mine up at my local Rogers corporate store and my device reserveration is #80!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    11-03-15 02:33 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. But either way I'm one of those NOW people so unless I was to receive it on Friday, Monday is too late for me. Adding to the that the 100 dollar premium for potentially getting a phone after launch date. I've always been able to get a new bbry on launch day in store so hopefully that doesn't change.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a choice as Fido isn't carrying it so I have to wait for my preorder from Shop BB....

That being said the only difference between the shop bb version vs the carrier is wireless charging being available in shop bb version and not in carrier. But that's still speculation so we will see. of course one is unlocked without any carrier specific bloatware as well.
    11-03-15 02:35 PM
    I'm with Fido so I'll just grab a Rogers one as I usually do and it works on Fido as it's the same parent company. I hope the wireless charging is available on the carrier ones. I read about how the shobbry ones were equipped.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:39 PM
    Im gonna pick mine up at my local Rogers corporate store and my device reserveration is #80!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Me too. I am #15 on the reservation list. I'm really hoping Friday is the day. When I spoke to a Rogers rep today over chat they were completely clueless and I was told they had no info regarding the Priv. My hopes are dwindling but I am staying positive.
    Last edited by B_Rad BurnZ; 11-03-15 at 04:26 PM.
    11-03-15 02:43 PM
    I think to avoid the carrier specific branding and bloatware I rather go with the unlocked version from ShopBB. Even though it means waiting an extra few days to get it. I don't mind the extra $100 for that reason either, especially if wireless charing is missing form carrier ones.
    11-03-15 02:44 PM
    I don't recall having bloatware issues with Rogers Blackberrys. But now with android I can see it being possible.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the same boat and I also live in Vancouver, BC. I'm one of those gotta have it now people as well. But I decided to sit this one out and patiently wait for my PRIV from ShopBB/Ingram Micro. Why? I could get it at launch date form Telus/Rogers but you have to accept that the device won't come with wireless charging. Personally, I don't think I'll even use it but from a resale perspective, that'll give you a one-up and hopefully more money as opposed to unlocked carrier units.
    11-03-15 02:52 PM
    Has it been confirmed only shopbbry are supporting wireless? I saw where only their site mentioned it but nothing to say carrier ones won't have it.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:54 PM
    there are some threads out there, I'm too lazy to look for them but basically

STV100-1 Priv from ShopBB (US & CAN) comes with wireless charging, whereas
    STV100-6 are carrier models which do not include wireless charging.
    11-03-15 03:52 PM
    I am gambling with finding it at a telus store Friday. I have a good relationship with the employees there and asked one to be reserved for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:54 PM
    As a follow up.. they are only expecting 3 on launch date.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:54 PM
    Yeah with my previous Shop BB orders I could choose standard or expedited. This time I didn't get a choice either
    When I checked out I got free expedited.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 04:41 PM