I don't find it any where else. Please close this subject if I'm wrong

Priv - United States

I think it's good
    09-29-15 06:58 AM
    Here's what I don't like about that. When they say that they awoke to find out that the phone name had been leaked and subsequently say that they understand what it's like to have their data compromised.

What?!?! You're BlackBerry!!!! You're supposed to be secure!!!! How the hell am I supposed to believe you'll keep my stuff secure if you can't even manage to keep yours secure?!?!

I don't think they should highlight the fact that they had info leaked in the ad for the secure device. Is it just me?
    nonamenomore likes this.
    09-29-15 07:07 AM
    It's not just you. It was the first thing I thought of. I'm amazed they haven't removed that yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:12 AM
    I'm with the second guy. Seems like JC still employs incompetent people at blackberry. I had trust in JC because of his history and background but it's slowly eroding. lately his performance at conference calls and interviews has been lackluster and I hope board is getting ready to boot him. We need someone visionary like jobs or Elon running this company. I'm surprised Cananda has no one..

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-29-15 07:52 AM
    What?!?! You're BlackBerry!!!! You're supposed to be secure!!!! How the hell am I supposed to believe you'll keep my stuff secure if you can't even manage to keep yours secure?!?!
    How many people work for the Priv development? How many testers are there? The name leak has nothing to do with BlackBerry being insecure. If you share a valuable secret with 100 persons (and that's what BlackBerry or any other company does when they hand out test devices or send the print job for the boxing to china) you can be sure that someone will sell your secret. That's how leaks work.
    09-29-15 07:57 AM
    We know how leaks work but no need for baclberry to advertise their product was leaked and then ask consumers to trust them with data. Why even mention how it was leaked? Seems like incompetent employees still in mgmt.

Even aaple has started seeing cracks in their secret process so not a big deal that it leaked. Majority of consumers are stupid so less info they know the better it's for a company.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:05 AM
    2 scenarios will arise

1 - as the phone is being passed along, someone is anticipating something 'big' coming down and will sell anything to anyone :blurry pictures, screen shot, a physical package, etc...

2 - don't get too worked up but...BlackBerry leaked it to generate buzz....finally something smart.

They need to focus on marketing, get people in a frenzy about their product because we all know...they ain't done **** lately. And I say this is will all truth as i'm still a die hard BlackBerry fan since the 9000, working on the classic atm.

This will be good, good for them. Let these 'leaks' come out.

Besides, end of the day, if you put up as much security as possible, someone WILL find a way to get around.

Now, let's wait for a proper leaked date for get our new phones!!

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 and thinkinfinity like this.
    09-29-15 08:17 AM
    How many people work for the Priv development? How many testers are there? The name leak has nothing to do with BlackBerry being insecure. If you share a valuable secret with 100 persons (and that's what BlackBerry or any other company does when they hand out test devices or send the print job for the boxing to china) you can be sure that someone will sell your secret. That's how leaks work.
    I completely agree with this. It's not that I am questioning the security of blackberry based on a (likely blackberry sanctioned) name leak. But the fact that they talk about information being leaked by their company and then try to tell people that they need blackberry to prevent loss of information is shocking. Majority of people don't understand or care about releases of phones and information leaks on newest names/specs/etc. Butnthose same average people are not gonna understand why if blackberry can lose information (they just admitted to it in their ad) they should buy this new blackberry over that shiny Samsung or iPhone that all their friends have. I just think puts a negative spin on the ad
    09-29-15 10:19 AM
    I just think puts a negative spin on the ad
    Ok sorry, I got you wrong... and I agree that advertising with this may not work.

But my problem with the Priv campaign is that BlackBerry advertises with "privacy". And in the end you just get a device with stock Android. Yes it has a patched kernel which enhances security but from a privacy view it's just Android (= no privacy). This phone is only good at privacy when you have BES. If you don't have BES because you buy this phone for your private use (as I would like to do) it's only a BlackBerry Galaxy S6 Edge with a slide out keyboard.
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-29-15 12:59 PM
    Chen has to be admiring how Google launches a new tablet convertible device, Pixel C, with magnetic clips, today, without having it leaked first.
    09-29-15 01:23 PM
    You're right. This campaign is not the best one and they should remove this page. I always think that if we find some information about products before announcement this is because company want to test consumers reaction.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 03:39 AM
    Here's what I don't like about that. When they say that they awoke to find out that the phone name had been leaked and subsequently say that they understand what it's like to have their data compromised.

I don't think they should highlight the fact that they had info leaked in the ad for the secure device. Is it just me?
    First of all, your Blackberry 10 device is no more secure then any other device unless your on a BES server, period. Anytime your connected to the grid, you are vulnerable to being hacked.
    09-30-15 05:25 AM