Me and a friend were taking pictures of the full moon and the light that it was shining on a lake.

Hers was too dark wasn't getting much detail.

The camera light exposure adjustment is what helped the Priv camera outshine it.

The pictures go in this order: default, 1, 1.5, 2.

In the 2 it looks like day time!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Priv camera outshined iPhone 6S+-111007.jpg  
    Tradesman644 likes this.
    11-26-15 02:05 PM

Attached Thumbnails Priv camera outshined iPhone 6S+-111006.jpg  
    11-26-15 02:06 PM
    Great shot!! The Passport SE also has a great camera!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    so crow likes this.
    This is 1

Attached Thumbnails Priv camera outshined iPhone 6S+-111008.jpg  
    This is 1.5

Attached Thumbnails Priv camera outshined iPhone 6S+-111009.jpg  
    Great shot!! The Passport SE also has a great camera!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    Thanks! It was so awesome to see an iPhone user so amazed of my BlackBerry camera!

11-26-15 02:08 PM
    Never understood why anyone wants to make a night photo look like it was shot during day time. One of the charms of shooting at evening/night is just that. Now it just looks like a "crappy" photo taken at day time. Same with photos inside a club: why would you want them to look like your partying in a daytime disco lol.
    11-26-15 02:11 PM
    Never understood why anyone wants to make a night photo look like it was shot during day time. On of the charms of shooting at evening/night is just that. Now it just looks like a "crappy" photo taken at day time. Same with photos inside a club: why would you want them to look like your partying in a daytime disco lol.
    It depends on the purpose why make it look like a day time shot.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    11-26-15 02:15 PM
    Was the iPhone shutter speed faster ?

11-26-15 02:21 PM
    Woah! I never thought BlackBerry could get a camera to take photos this good.
    Now if only I could find somewhere with the Priv in stock

11-26-15 03:21 PM
    Never understood why anyone wants to make a night photo look like it was shot during day time. One of the charms of shooting at evening/night is just that. Now it just looks like a "crappy" photo taken at day time. Same with photos inside a club: why would you want them to look like your partying in a daytime disco lol.
    Stay hungry, stay foolish

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-26-15 04:19 PM
    On this one occasion. 8 out of 10 times, iPhone camera is better than any other BlackBerry.
    kertong, Rello and lift like this.
    11-26-15 04:45 PM
    On this one occasion. 8 out of 10 times, iPhone camera is better than any other BlackBerry.
    No it isn't. The priv is 18 megapixels...the iPhone 6s is only 12. Don't take my word for it...it's in the specs.

11-26-15 05:44 PM
    No it isn't. The priv is 18 megapixels...the iPhone 6s is only 12. Don't take my word for it...it's in the specs.

Megapixels isn't everything...that said apple hasn't had the best camera is a while. The best camera on a smartphone is the g4, note, s6 and z5. The iphone camera is ok, but no world beater anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:53 PM
    I would argue that the iPhone camera hasn't had the best camera almost ever. The phone software on the other hand has been programmed amazingly. It's all in the post processing which BlackBerry has failed at miserably.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:58 PM
    I wasn't trying to make it look like day time. But the fact that I was able to capture so much detail in a virtually pitch blackness of night time. I was amazed.

Yes iPhone camera is among the best.

The Priv just needs some software work and I think BlackBerry can have one among the best.

11-26-15 08:36 PM
    The Priv rear camera is amazing... Far better than my Passport.

11-26-15 08:51 PM
    The camera on the Priv is kickass compared to all BlackBerry devices , but against the current flagship phones around the same price, it is below par.

I have compared it against the iPhone 6 and Z5 in real situations, as I have active kids and I end up with more quality shots with the iPhone or z5.

The autofocus is below par on the Priv. Unfortunately with the current phones at the �600 mark all have moved forward with the front camera.

I am hoping future updates will speed up the camera.

11-27-15 03:11 PM

Megapixels is just a marketing gimmick and doesn't mean anything in real world terms.
    Elephant_Canyon and lift like this.
    11-27-15 03:27 PM
    I took this of the moon last night. Priv camera is art.

Attached Thumbnails Priv camera outshined iPhone 6S+-28531.jpg  
    11-27-15 04:48 PM

Megapixels does not equal camera quality
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-27-15 04:52 PM
    Megapixels does not equal camera quality
    This is true, as a 4MP camera can take a picture like this: http://i.imgur.com/rlBNqZu.jpg

Yet my 8MP camera struggles with an indoor lighting picture of my cat.
    11-27-15 09:17 PM

Here we go, this guy again. Megapixels isn't the only factor in the quality of a camera.
    Elephant_Canyon and mister2d like this.
    11-27-15 09:33 PM
    Why isn't the Priv auto-rotating shots that were taken as portrait? It's kind of weird.
    11-28-15 11:37 AM
    Me and a friend were taking pictures of the full moon and the light that it was shining on a lake.
    I'm going to play DA here and just say that both pictures really look like crap to me. You can do much better on both phones. Also, try to not depend on Auto modes.

Here's a few tips.
    How to Take Better Pictures with Your Smartphone's Camera

I hope I'm not being overly critical, but I can take way better photos on my Nokia PureView 808 or N8.
    11-28-15 11:45 AM
27 12