Figured it out. I am on BES (or UEM as it's called now). I was opening the "work" pictures app which does not access the camera. Once I opened the Personal "pictures" all the photo's were there and once I turned on backup they went zipping up to the cloud. Simply amazing.

I'm a little wonky on some of this android stuff. I've come to understand that I can automatically backup the camera pictures my google drive from the pictures app. That's a great feature for me. So I installed the google pictures app, told it to do the backup, got it signed into my google account. Was given a message from the app that says any pictures I take will appear in the app (as subsequently get sent to my google drive). Problem is, when I take pictures they aren't appearing in the pictures app. As a matter of fact I'm not sure where they are being saved. The only place I seem to be able to find them is to go back into the camera app and go to the lower left hand corner to see them.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I'm not really android literate. I do find that most of the time it's fairly intuitive but not on this one.

What am I doing wrong?

Roveer
    Last edited by Roveer; 02-01-17 at 08:05 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-17 07:49 PM
    Figured it out. I am on BES (or UEM as it's called now). I was opening the "work" pictures app which does not access the camera. Once I opened the Personal "pictures" all the photo's were there and once I turned on backup they went zipping up to the cloud. Simply amazing.

I'm a little wonky on some of this android stuff. I've come to understand that I can automatically backup the camera pictures my google drive from the pictures app. That's a great feature for me. So I installed the google pictures app, told it to do the backup, got it signed into my google account. Was given a message from the app that says any pictures I take will appear in the app (as subsequently get sent to my google drive). Problem is, when I take pictures they aren't appearing in the pictures app. As a matter of fact I'm not sure where they are being saved. The only place I seem to be able to find them is to go back into the camera app and go to the lower left hand corner to see them.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I'm not really android literate. I do find that most of the time it's fairly intuitive but not on this one.

What am I doing wrong?

Roveer
    Glad you figured it out and also that you posted the issue and solution. It might just help someone else.

You might already know this but I THINK if you use the FREE Google Drive storage, they backup photos in a reduced resolution and not the resolution you may have used. If that might be a concern, you should check out it that's true or not.
    02-01-17 08:18 PM
    I might add that once you see them in your camera app and tap on the photo in the lower left-hand corner to view it, tap on the photo once again and in addition to the share and edit symbols appearing, there will an info button which when selected will give you more details about the photo including the path to where it is currently stored.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-17 08:41 PM