yet another bug...

How to reproduce (and yes this is with the latest bb camera app updated from the play store):

1) Unlock phone, insert SD card, tell camera app to save photos to SD card.

2) From the launcher, after phone is unlocked, start the camera app and take a photo. Use a file explorer (I use ES File Explorer), and you'll see that the photo was saved correctly to /storage/sdcard1/DCIM/camera,

3) turn the screen off, then turn back on. Instead of swiping up to unlock, swipe left on the lower right camera icon to launch the camera directly. Take a photo. Using a file explorer (or detailed info from a gallery app), you'll see that the photo was saved to /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/camera/, which is the internal memory.

This phone is so buggy - with this, the double letter keyboard dropping and lag, general overheating and rapid battery drop during usage.. on top of the AT&T bootup sound I cannot disable even in mute, and "AT&T" screaming its name in my face on the top notification bar every single time I unlock the phone on my unlocked phone before it lets me see the notification icons.. I'm just about ready to return the phone and go back to my trusty passport SE - as much as I love the priv (the screen, it's so gorgeous), I just keep running into these issues.

I understand BB will likely fix most of them via software updates, but with my return window expiring soon, I have to make a decision.. I really want to love the priv but at this point it seems I have to gamble/have faith that it will all be resolved.. if BB can at least acknowledge these issues and let us know an update is coming, that would go a long way in giving me the confidence to keep this phone.
    11-17-15 08:43 PM
    well if your not happy with it and you can still return it go right ahead and maybe get it again few month down the line there just seems to be too many bugs atm with this phone
    kertong likes this.
    11-17-15 09:10 PM
    well if your not happy with it and you can still return it go right ahead and maybe get it again few month down the line there just seems to be too many bugs atm with this phone
    thanks. the priv just has SO much potential - really hoping bb gets these bugs ironed out - it hurts me to see such a solid phone marred with these little bugs - but at the same time, it is bb's first android phone and they've done an awesome job cramming a big battery, pkb, curved amoled screen, and microsd slot into such a thin device.

guess it's a love/hate relationship already... love the good parts of the priv, hate the bugs.

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    11-17-15 09:14 PM
    I believe this is a bug when the camera is launched by another application; it doesn't load your preferences and sets the defaults. The same holds true if you launch it from a photo gallery app.
    kertong likes this.
    11-17-15 09:20 PM