I have noticed that for appointments set by another party that include me by invite, I am unable to edit and thus, cannot change the alarm time. These appointments are coming from an exchange activesync account to my exchange activesync account.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Last edited by Centerman66; 04-05-16 at 08:59 AM.
    03-30-16 06:32 PM
    The organizer sets the reminder settings for an appointment. Always been like this as I recall.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 07:34 PM
    Nope on BB10 I could fully edit an invite sent by someone else.

03-30-16 07:54 PM
    Maybe c_bryant34 can take a look at this one.
    03-31-16 12:18 PM
    It's not BlackBerry thing. Even the Google Calendar doesn't let you edit it if you don't have rights over the event.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    03-31-16 02:35 PM
    you could do this on BB10!
    03-31-16 03:08 PM
    It's the BlackBerry calendar app. I grabbed "Business Calendar", and it allows editing of the invited appointments where the BB calendar doesn't.

I called the Priv support line and they opened a case on it, I gave them logs, they reviewed it, and said we should see a fix in the next calendar update.

Easy peasy.
    muindor likes this.
    04-01-16 09:50 AM
    Maybe c_bryant34 can take a look at this one.
    Has to do with support for "local calendars" - PRIV doesn't support local only calendars at this point. Once it does we'd have to do a bunch of work to stitch together and seamlessly merge the same version of both the local copy and the 'cloud' copy in the account, account for updates to the synced version, etc.
    djdragon likes this.
    04-01-16 11:52 AM
    Has to do with support for "local calendars" - PRIV doesn't support local only calendars at this point. Once it does we'd have to do a bunch of work to stitch together and seamlessly merge the same version of both the local copy and the 'cloud' copy in the account, account for updates to the synced version, etc.
    Priv Calendar Bug-so98e17.png
    04-01-16 11:59 AM
    That doesn't seem to jibe with what I was told by BlackBerry Support?

Would you like the case number to look at?
    04-01-16 12:05 PM
    This issue was from one exchange activesync account to another. Neither party uses local calendars.

04-01-16 12:14 PM
    It's the BlackBerry calendar app. I grabbed "Business Calendar", and it allows editing of the invited appointments where the BB calendar doesn't.

I called the Priv support line and they opened a case on it, I gave them logs, they reviewed it, and said we should see a fix in the next calendar update.

Easy peasy.
    Awesome man. Thanks.

04-01-16 12:15 PM
    Awesome man. Thanks.

Well, I'm not so certain now -- after what c_bryant says above...
    04-01-16 12:20 PM
    BB Support says this will be "fixed" in the "next update" to the Calendar app. Please confirm what BB Support is saying.
    04-01-16 01:48 PM
    This issue was from one exchange activesync account to another. Neither party uses local calendars.

Understood. Was more talking about how it worked on BB10 when you edited things. We created a ghost event that you never saw locally which contained all the edits and did some fancy linking between the local and synced copy.

I'll have to touch base with BlackBerry Support team.
    04-01-16 07:42 PM
    That's not entirely true. If you install an app like Business Calendar and create a Local Calendar. It appears and works fine with BlackBerry Calendar after that.

Yes the BlackBerry Calendar doesn't let you create Local Calendars but it let's you use them.

04-01-16 08:53 PM
    Understood. Was more talking about how it worked on BB10 when you edited things. We created a ghost event that you never saw locally which contained all the edits and did some fancy linking between the local and synced copy.

I'll have to touch base with BlackBerry Support team.
    Ah. I see. Thank you Mr. Bryant.

04-01-16 09:46 PM
    I think there's another bug in the BlackBerry Calendar. It doesn't show more than 5 Calendars. For eg my Gmail account has 6 Calendars but I can see the first 5 in the left menu.

I had to start using Google Calendar due to this limitation. I can't even create Events for the ones that are not shown under my account. However I can see events from it in the Calendar.

04-05-16 08:52 AM

Easy peasy.
    I tried the Google Calendar and it too allows someone other than the organizer to edit the event.

04-21-16 07:50 AM
    As much as I hate to, I may have to ditch a BlackBerry core app (Calendar) and use another. I need to be able to edit appointments where I am not the organizer. At the least the alarm for such an appointment.

04-21-16 08:02 AM
    As much as I hate to, I may have to ditch a BlackBerry core app (Calendar) and use another. I need to be able to edit appointments where I am not the organizer. At the least the alarm for such an appointment.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-21-16 08:17 AM
    Ditched the BlackBerry calendar for now. Will return when I can edit events I am invited to and when the BlackBerry calendar supports a dynamic calendar icon.

04-21-16 04:22 PM
    Marshmallow did not fix these calendar issues. Sadly.

04-26-16 09:16 PM
    Dynamic icon for BlackBerry calendar working now. But could be because I also have Google calendar installed.

Now BlackBerry calendar just needs the ability to allow invitees to edit events.

Edit: forgot to mention. I am using nova launcher. I don't think dynamic calendar icons are possible with the BlackBerry Launcher.

Last edited by Centerman66; 04-28-16 at 12:04 PM.
    04-28-16 10:36 AM
    Ditched the BlackBerry calendar for now. Will return when I can edit events I am invited to and when the BlackBerry calendar supports a dynamic calendar icon.

Just zooming in on this comment for a moment - what specifically do you want to be able to edit?
    04-28-16 11:13 AM
32 12