Since many here are complaining about what they consider a mid-experience regarding build quality, let me please - and respectfully - add my counterpoint. I sport a Priv [STV100-4, unlocked] as my unique and daily driver for over a week now [yes, my review to come, actually stored as a diary, some redaction work to do !].

1/ My initial overall perception was really good. I could nitpick some preference details (or hopes) but yeah, my words were "nicely done".
    2/ I have not encountered any of the recurring griefs (screen misalignment/clocking, loose back door, 'cracks and clicks' noises, ...)
    3/ Some also mentioned the keyboard. I won't add it to the negative list. While I'm a heavy Passport user (in love with the SE KB) I found the Priv PKB was a nice addition. I felt kind the same than when I tried the Q5 after using the Q10 for a while. These keys are soft and responsive and despite my fat fingers (just to size it; I'm a 2 meters tall guy) they found easily their way to the keys. Still, I won't use it the same way I use it on my passport and yes, going back to ALT key was a bit of a challenge at first lol.

But, above all.
    I was watching an incredible waves set with a bunch of surfers and we were all about how big the waves and the backslash were. all in exaggeration, latin style, with a lot of movements of arms and hands. Now you can feel it and start to sweat ?
    Yes, it happened : as I saw a massive wave, I had to capture it; raised the arm, pressed the icon ... and then a friend knocked my shoulder ... surprise ! ohhhhhhhhhllllllllyyyyyyyssssshhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa (you're supposed to read this slow-mo like a terrible movie lol).
    Priv felt from my hand (shoulder height) to the worst surface you can imagine.
    Screen down.
    SPLAT.
    No rebound.
    Priv build quality ? Gorilla style.-ob_def98a_32.jpg
    Heart panic, suffocation, quiver, hate, fright.
    It's here, bottom up, I want to know but I'm so scared.
    [add some seconds: it's not mine]
    Ok, be a man, take it.
    Now open your eyes, you puppy !
    Nada, nichts, ballepeau, nothing.
    NOT A SINGLE TINY SCRATCH.
    Dancing.

Gorilla glass probably saved my friend's health; he finally got a beer on me

FTR : What the ground looks like (here, a parapet, but same small shingle + cement + sandy surface).

Priv build quality ? Gorilla style.-img_20151226_1625139.jpg

P.S: want to discuss the "average" camera quality ? Will do, sooner than later !
    [FTR : this is no blur, this is spray]
    Attached Thumbnails Priv build quality ? Gorilla style.-img_20151226_1610328.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-28-15 at 12:45 PM.
    Ecm, Asfalloth and rarsen like this.
    12-28-15 12:28 PM
    Do you have the clicking noises now?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 01:24 PM
    Thanks for recording your thoughts on the Priv. It's helpful to hear from some of the users that have no issues with their phones.

I've also got a Priv with no problems. But then I also had 3x Q10's, 3x Z10's, a Classic, Passport and a Z30 that had no issues. I must be lucky, as if you read these forums, you get the impression that nearly every BlackBerry phone has build problems.

Of course, there are some issues -- genuine ones! Still, the few guys who have build issues are very vocal (again, understandably so) and this can lead to an incorrect impression of the prevalence of issues with the phone. So, it's good to hear from some people who are really pleased with their phones too.
    12-28-15 01:28 PM
    Do you have the clicking noises now?
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    No clicking noise, no new defect whatsoever.
    12-28-15 01:30 PM
    and this can lead to an incorrect impression of the prevalence of issues with the phone
    Was, is and will always be the case
    (furthermore "modern") Human nature is such. It's not anymore about what you like but more about what you dislike that's supposed to be heard (and hype)
    12-28-15 01:33 PM
    Since many here are complaining about what they consider a mid-experience regarding build quality, let me please - and respectfully - add my counterpoint. I sport a Priv [STV100-4, unlocked] as my unique and daily driver for over a week now [yes, my review to come, actually stored as a diary, some redaction work to do !].

1/ My initial overall perception was really good. I could nitpick some preference details (or hopes) but yeah, my words were "nicely done".
    2/ I have not encountered any of the recurring griefs (screen misalignment/clocking, loose back door, 'cracks and clicks' noises, ...)
    3/ Some also mentioned the keyboard. I won't add it to the negative list. While I'm a heavy Passport user (in love with the SE KB) I found the Priv PKB was a nice addition. I felt kind the same than when I tried the Q5 after using the Q10 for a while. These keys are soft and responsive and despite my fat fingers (just to size it; I'm a 2 meters tall guy) they found easily their way to the keys. Still, I won't use it the same way I use it on my passport and yes, going back to ALT key was a bit of a challenge at first lol.

But, above all.
    I was watching an incredible waves set with a bunch of surfers and we were all about how big the waves and the backslash were. all in exaggeration, latin style, with a lot of movements of arms and hands. Now you can feel it and start to sweat ?
    Yes, it happened : as I saw a massive wave, I had to capture it; raised the arm, pressed the icon ... and then a friend knocked my shoulder ... surprise ! ohhhhhhhhhllllllllyyyyyyyssssshhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa (you're supposed to read this slow-mo like a terrible movie lol).
    Priv felt from my hand (shoulder height) to the worst surface you can imagine.
    Screen down.
    SPLAT.
    No rebound.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ob_def98a_32.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	385873
    Heart panic, suffocation, quiver, hate, fright.
    It's here, bottom up, I want to know but I'm so scared.
    [add some seconds: it's not mine]
    Ok, be a man, take it.
    Now open your eyes, you puppy !
    Nada, nichts, ballepeau, nothing.
    NOT A SINGLE TINY SCRATCH.
    Dancing.

Gorilla glass probably saved my friend's health; he finally got a beer on me

FTR : What the ground looks like (here, a parapet, but same small shingle + cement + sandy surface).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151226_1625139.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	385872

P.S: want to discuss the "average" camera quality ? Will do, sooner than later !
    [FTR : this is no blur, this is spray]
    Awesome read!
    12-28-15 01:47 PM
    Nice. Looking forward to your review
    12-28-15 05:09 PM
    My Priv Build quality also very goods.. I font have such complain about that

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-28-15 05:34 PM