I had a DTEK60 for a couple days before sending it back and recently picked up a Priv.
    Right out of the box, I noticed that everything for the Priv seems to be of higher quality -- from the packaging to the overall build quality of the unit.

Everything seems to work as it should and I feel the overall fit/finish of the device is better.

The biggest difference was in the sim trays and volume/power buttons. The DTEK60 had the most poorly-made sim card tray/slot out of any device I've owned while the Priv was exceptional and the buttons don't rattle and feel like they're going to fall out.

I also think the camera on the Priv is superior to the DTEK60. While I'm not a expert in photography, the Priv's colors seem more real-to-life and pictures also seem to come out more clear. For some reason the DTEK60 colors always had a blueish tinge which really bothered me.
    03-20-17 10:59 AM
    I had a DTEK60 for a couple days before sending it back and recently picked up a Priv.
    Right out of the box, I noticed that everything for the Priv seems to be of higher quality -- from the packaging to the overall build quality of the unit.

Everything seems to work as it should and I feel the overall fit/finish of the device is better.

The biggest difference was in the sim trays and volume/power buttons. The DTEK60 had the most poorly-made sim card tray/slot out of any device I've owned while the Priv was exceptional and the buttons don't rattle and feel like they're going to fall out.

I also think the camera on the Priv is superior to the DTEK60. While I'm not a expert in photography, the Priv's colors seem more real-to-life and pictures also seem to come out more clear. For some reason the DTEK60 colors always had a blueish tinge which really bothered me.
    Although the dtek60 is better based on a lot of specs I have to agree. The dtek60 is a device that I would suggest keeping in a case as it is a lot more fragile. Very light compared to to the Priv. Weight in electronics always means to me solid components.

With respect to camera the dtek60 takes great photos but the image stabilization is superior in the Priv IMO
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 11:07 AM

I have never used a '60, but one thing I can tell you is that the camera on the PRIV is so slow in terms of opening the app and taking a photo.

The keyboard build quality is not the best. It's actually quite bad.

The back of the PRIV flexes.

The sides of the PRIV creak.

That's about it.
    03-20-17 11:09 AM
    I think that the latest PRIVs have much more better overall quality than the earlier builds. I had to switch to PRIV for a while (this is my third PRIV at all) and I am really surprised how the quality is – no cracks and no wobbly slider as well. After a few updates there is even no heating during normal usage (not gaming).

Anyway, I know this is almost two years old device but I am always happy when I come back to this slider.
    03-20-17 11:27 AM
    The soft back is the only part of the priv that feels of lesser quality. Everything else feels pretty premium.
    Oh the side buttons are pretty cheap too, they aren't rounded off and smooth like the passport, although the feedback is good.

The keyboard is not of poor build quality. It has excellent feedback and I'm using a used priv and have absolutely no double typing or anything like that.
    03-20-17 11:50 AM
    I only have a wobbly slider, which I don't really mind, but the body doesn't creak or flex much.
    I'm actually quite surprised by the PKB -- it felt much worse when I tried it at my local carrier stores.

While my typing speed on the PKB is slower than the Passport, I didn't feel like I had to adjust to the keyboard. I just noticed that I don't use the keyboard shortcuts as much since it's harder to access.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 02:11 PM