Hey everyone! So this won't be a post moaning about how bad the phone is and all its defects. Mostly just looking for advice on what I can do going forward.

So I purchase my 1st Priv from Shop.Blackberry in Jan 2017. But the battery and screen were giving issues so I got a replacement device from Blackberry in September 2017.

My 2nd Priv now has issues with the GPS & cellular connectivity not working. Which I use for Google maps directions and gaming.

The question.

Can I get a replacement for my replacement if it's still under 1 year? Or is the replacement only guaranteed for 6months or no guarantee at all?

Thanks you very much for any help in advance. If anyone would like to sponsor or group sponsor a KEYtwo for this Blackberry fan, I would be insanely grateful. Prefer not to leave Blackberry and purchase a cheap Sam... just to get me by.
    06-10-18 04:33 AM
    Yep, mine is broken too ((
    06-10-18 05:12 AM
    Hey everyone! So this won't be a post moaning about how bad the phone is and all its defects. Mostly just looking for advice on what I can do going forward.

So I purchase my 1st Priv from Shop.Blackberry in Jan 2017. But the battery and screen were giving issues so I got a replacement device from Blackberry in September 2017.

My 2nd Priv now has issues with the GPS & cellular connectivity not working. Which I use for Google maps directions and gaming.

The question.

Can I get a replacement for my replacement if it's still under 1 year? Or is the replacement only guaranteed for 6months or no guarantee at all?

Thanks you very much for any help in advance. If anyone would like to sponsor or group sponsor a KEYtwo for this Blackberry fan, I would be insanely grateful. Prefer not to leave Blackberry and purchase a cheap Sam... just to get me by.
    Replacement devices do not get any warranty extension, so your warranty expired on January 2018. You best bet is check if the credit card you bought with if it has an extended warranty and file a claim through there.

The cell radio symptom actually sounds similar to mine, but on mine Wi-Fi died first, then cellular won't search for networks.
    06-10-18 07:11 AM
    Thanks very much for the reply. I'll have a look and see if we have any extra warrantee with the credit card purchase.

Just sucks that only a couple months after purchase I get problems and now problems again with the replacement device.
    06-10-18 09:11 AM
    You are really asking the wrong people. You need to ask the company you bought it from. Good luck.
    06-10-18 01:39 PM
    You are really asking the wrong people. You need to ask the company you bought it from. Good luck.
    ShopBlackBerry does not exist anymore.
    06-10-18 02:38 PM

The question.

Sorry to hear Matty. Does switching network setting down from LTE to 2G/3G/4G HSPA ?
    06-10-18 04:56 PM
    ShopBlackBerry does not exist anymore.
    Yes, but Blackberry is in existence, and they are the ones who ran ShopBlackBerry. They, better than random people on the web, know their own replacement policies.

Now, if the thought is, they do not exist anymore, therefore you cannot ask them a question, then who will be the ones replacing the phone if some person here says it can be replaced? So, the best thing to do, is to ask Blackberry, since they are the ones who would be doing any replacement.
    06-10-18 09:12 PM
    Yes, but Blackberry is in existence, and they are the ones who ran ShopBlackBerry. They, better than random people on the web, know their own replacement policies.

Now, if the thought is, they do not exist anymore, therefore you cannot ask them a question, then who will be the ones replacing the phone if some person here says it can be replaced? So, the best thing to do, is to ask Blackberry, since they are the ones who would be doing any replacement.
    Given he's out of warranty by like 4 months, they won't even answer the call without him first handing over his credit card for case-by-case support.

And the policy is already posted and very clear, so I don't know why you want him to waste his time and potentially getting charged for the call:

If the BlackBerry Device is repaired or replaced by or behalf of BlackBerry during the Warranty
    Period, the Warranty Period for the repaired or replaced BlackBerry Device will expire upon the
    expiration of the original Warranty Period
    https://us.blackberry.com/content/da...da_English.pdf
    06-10-18 09:56 PM
    Given he's out of warranty by like 4 months, they won't even answer the call without him first handing over his credit card for case-by-case support.

And the policy is already posted and very clear, so I don't know why you want him to waste his time and potentially getting charged for the call:

https://us.blackberry.com/content/da...da_English.pdf
    My only point was that no one here can okay it being replaced.
    06-10-18 10:02 PM
    Sorry to hear Matty. Does switching network setting down from LTE to 2G/3G/4G HSPA ?
    Hey Chuck, the cellular connectivity works 90% of the time so it's not a big deal at the moment and I can always switch to Wi-Fi if needed during situations it's giving trouble.

I'm more concerned with the GPS just not functioning 100% of the time. Since I use maps for directions while driving. It's really handy. It's weird because, everything was working perfectly, and suddenly one morning it just just stopped. I hadn't dropped my phone or done any sort of damage to it. Always treat it like gold.

Going to use a family members old phone in the meantime until I decide when I'm going to do going forward.

As some other members have suggested, I'll give Blackberry a call and just ask what my options are since I'm out of warrantee and especially since they no longer sell the device. Thanks for the assistance
    PHughes likes this.
    06-11-18 12:42 AM