Hi,

installed some new apps today. Made a Backup of my 128GB Sdcard via Wifi to my NAS while on AC some hours ago, i think the priv was getting to hot or something that it rebooted on itself.

I came into the room and saw only the bootscreen: Android Icons, then BB shield in that circle, then my homescreen (can change volume, swipe down quicksettings) and then after some seconds it hard-reboots... again and again...

Tried the Powerbutton for 10 and for 32 seconds. Tried the Power+Vol down (Bootloadermenu), tried the Power+Middle (Stuck on "Boot Mode" in Yellow), tried Power+Vol UP (seems i can't get that broken android away to wipe cache or something ). Tried to let it cool down.

Still won't boot.

Anyone knows another Keycombo? Maybe how to get the Power+Up Droid away and clear cache, or boot to safemode (Holding reboot won't work, because it isn't long enough time before it reboots).
    Try to avoid the autoloader again, because it's only some weeks old and finished setting up everything but made no backup so far.

Greetings.
    06-03-17 07:53 AM
    Got it to Safeboot: Approx. 5 Seconds are enough, if you hold "Shutdown" not "Reboot" -.- *and* had to remove sim/sdcard. now checking sdcard for issues and uninstalling latest apps... see how it goes...
    06-03-17 08:14 AM
    Found the cause of the first reboot: Battery Temps were above 49°C (120,6° F) for more than 10 min, probably even higher because it logs them only every 10 mins. And that hard-reboot corrupted FAT32 on sdcard.

Just curious: Shouldn't a overheating priv reboot? Shouldn't it better power off?
    06-03-17 08:48 AM
    Got it to Safeboot: Approx. 5 Seconds are enough, if you hold "Shutdown" not "Reboot" -.- *and* had to remove sim/sdcard. now checking sdcard for issues and uninstalling latest apps... see how it goes...
    Hope it works out.

Here are the various REboot methods and Safe Mode. But you might also explore how to reload the OS in the Autoloader Sticky threads above.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    dave8787 likes this.
    06-03-17 09:27 AM