Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
03-24-19 02:42 AM
29 12
tools
    you are a genius took 3 minutes all done stv 3 alive again. First time since September, had written it off . I wonder how many other privs have been binned on account of this simple fault.
    MANY THANKS
    Last edited by liddonfew; 04-03-19 at 07:20 AM.
    02-07-19 04:15 AM
    100% success
    thanks
    02-07-19 11:39 AM
    My PRIV had the same issue, it is not software related, the power button was causing the issues. The slider mechanism is too close too the underside of the power button and causes grime built up in the slider, to then be built up under the power button. I pulled the side of the phone near the power button away from the body, cleaned off the underside of the power button, and it started up just fine. I cleaned off the entire slider rail and have had no issues since. An easy way to trouble shoot this (after many hours of scratching my head) is to do this if phone is caught in the loop:
    -hold only the Volume Up button while phone is cycling. If this takes you to the green android robot with the word "error," then your power button is probably stuck. You are only supposed to get to this by pressing both the power button and the Volume Up button, but if you only press the Volume Up Button, then the power button is stuck.
    -hold only the Volume Down button while phone is cycling. If this takes you to the boot menu, then your power button is probably stuck. You are only supposed to get to this by pressing both the power button and the Volume Down button, but if you only press the Volume Down button, then the power button is stuck.

When I realized my phone did these things, it dawned on me it was a stuck power button. Once I cleaned it off, no issues. The slider mechanism being too close tot he power button internals is a design flaw.
    That's miraculous!! great thank!!!
    03-23-19 09:45 PM
    Mine is still happy.to date.
    03-24-19 02:42 AM
29 12