Hello,

I've been having an issue with my Priv getting stuck in a boot loop for the past few days when I turn it on (I usually power down overnight). When I turn it on, it does the normal boot process, shortly after it fully boots up it freezes for a second and then reboots. The first time this happened it booted about four times before it didn't reboot. Then this morning it went through about 30 (!!!) reboots before it stayed on. This made me very nervous. I tried a hard reset during this process (32 seconds of holding power) but then it just kept doing hard resets everytime it rebooted. By the time it actually went stable it had been in a reboot cycle for over an hour and had used half the battery. I have deleted some apps today that I don't use in the hopes that one of those has caused this. I won't turn my phone off anymore either. Any suggestions? I can't seem to pinpoint any changes that could have caused this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-19-16 02:26 PM
    After my MM update on my Droid Turbo 2, I had a few issue that a factory reset took care of.

Backup your data, however you best believe it should be.... and do a factory reset. Test the phone a little and see if the reboot issue persist or if it has gone away. Then restore your apps and data. Test again.
    04-19-16 02:40 PM
    04-19-16 02:40 PM
    5.1.1 with April security update.

04-19-16 05:01 PM
    PRIV Troubleshooting Guide

Put your PRIV into Safe Mode to rule out some app issue. If you still boot-loop then do your backup and then factory reset.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-19-16 05:07 PM
    How do I get into safe mode if it is just continuously in a boot loop? All I can find about entering safe mode is when the power menu comes up but since it's always rebooting I can't get there.

04-19-16 11:34 PM
    How do I get into safe mode if it is just continuously in a boot loop? All I can find about entering safe mode is when the power menu comes up but since it's always rebooting I can't get there.

Ah your post mentioned above said you were able to finally boot using the '30 second hold power button to reset' method. You're going to have to be able to fully boot to use Safe Mode or select a Factory Reset. You could try reloading your OS via http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/ but I'd give Support a call first and see what other options they have.
    04-20-16 02:24 AM
    Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

[email protected] They will give you feedback.

Welcome - United States

Troubleshooting Guide

PRIV Troubleshooting Guide | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    04-20-16 09:01 AM
    If I can't get past the boot screen, how do I do a factory reset? I don't know if I'll make it past again. It froze, shut down and now it just keeps going through a boot loop.

04-20-16 09:01 AM
    If booting isn't an option, perhaps an autoloader?
    04-20-16 09:04 AM
    I installed all updates today and it bricked my phone and was in a continuous reboot. Took it to Verizon and they fixed it by holding down the power button and volume down button until it booted into safe mode. I then factory reset it and rebooted into normal mode. Seems to be fine now. But, I'm nearing the end of my 14 day trial and I may be switching back to an iPhone. I'm torn because I run a business off Google Apps for Work and this phone integrated so much better. But, I can't have an unstable phone and conduct business.
    04-26-16 01:03 AM
    I installed all updates today and it bricked my phone and was in a continuous reboot. Took it to Verizon and they fixed it by holding down the power button and volume down button until it booted into safe mode. I then factory reset it and rebooted into normal mode. Seems to be fine now. But, I'm nearing the end of my 14 day trial and I may be switching back to an iPhone. I'm torn because I run a business off Google Apps for Work and this phone integrated so much better. But, I can't have an unstable phone and conduct business.
    I've no issues with Google Apps for work on my iPhone?
    04-26-16 01:11 AM
    If you believe it's a software issue and your within your grace period... Why not try the flash.bat file on it?!! Maybe it's the spotty Mexican software upload that's killing this phone slowley... Too many people are returning phones because a feature didn't work... The Hardwares There!
    04-26-16 01:39 AM
    I've no issues with Google Apps for work on my iPhone?
    I love this PRIV for the way it handles contacts in that once I add a contact, it's immediately in my Gmail. Never was so on my iPhone unless I wasn't syncing it properly.
    04-26-16 02:42 AM
    If you believe it's a software issue and your within your grace period... Why not try the flash.bat file on it?!! Maybe it's the spotty Mexican software upload that's killing this phone slowley... Too many people are returning phones because a feature didn't work... The Hardwares There!
    Assuming I'd need access to a Windows computer to do that? No idea where to start w/ that or the time and expertise to do it.
    04-26-16 02:44 AM
    Ugh, I'm running into this issue now!

I was in Chrome and then saw the "Power Off/Restart" prompt appear - without me pressing it. Then suddenly the phone turned off. I think my PRIV thinks its power button is being pressed? I wish I could do a battery pull and let the phone cool off.
    09-29-17 07:58 AM
    I developed the same boot loop last week. Took the PRIV to a repair shop and they say it is not repairable. Bought the phone on Amazon (new) from Cosmos Planet in March 2017- Telus no longer sold it so that was my only option. They say contact BB as their guarantee is 30 days. Tried to file the issue with BB online and they tell me my warranty expired 4 days after I bought it!! I guess the retailer sat on it for a year before I bought it. Great!! I haven't called BB support yet, but everybody seems to be passing the buck. Any suggestions to get some help with this issue. Loved the phone, but this will be the end of the line for my blackberry support if I can't get a reasonable response and a repaired or replaced phone. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thx.
    10-11-17 09:56 PM
    I FIXED IT!!!

Same issue as described. Now that I crashed my HTC and only got defect phones, I just went on with trying to restore my bootloop-Priv, I lost hope there a year ago, but kept the phone.

The Problem was in the "cable" of the power button.

(Edit: Being more specific)

My solution / instruction:

Just search a HowTo video on YouTube for opening the Priv and removing the battery. Under the battery you can find the flat cable for the power button, going in 3 directions.

I released the flat power cable under the battery from the phone so that it was loose in the air completely. Then I put electrical tape under and over the power cable, on all three lines, so the cable wont touch the case anymore. I also covered the last part of the cable going up to the power button and the power button itself with that tape.

Now its already working for about 1,5 hours. (Update: Used it the whole day today now and no problems!)

How I found out: While the was phone in bootloop and I was tired of trying, I had the battery loose of the case but still connected and just pressed a bit on the cable, suddenly the phone booted up.

Before, it didn't even left the "powered by android" section.

My wife got the phone in 2016 from second-hand. After 3 months of use, it just fell about 20cm from her hand on the table. Nothing happened, no cracks and visible damage etc., but after a hour the bootloop began and remained. Sometimes it worked for 10 minutes, I tried factory reset and autloaders, but without success.

Sorry for eventually bad english
    Last edited by nes3Ah; 07-13-18 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Being more specific
    07-12-18 04:51 PM
    I FIXED IT!!!

Same issue as described. Now that I crashed my HTC and only got defect phones, I just went on with trying to restore my bootloop-Priv, I lost hope there a year ago, but kept the phone.

The Problem was in the "cable" of the power button.

My solution:

I put electrical tape under and over the whole thing, on all three lines.
    Now its already working for about 1,5 hours.
    Also, I covered the "inner" power button with this tape.

Before, it didn't even left the "powered by android" section.

Sorry for eventually bad english
    Can you show us what you did? Did you open up the phone? How? It's not customer serviceable.
    07-13-18 09:41 AM
    i have been having the same issues since june with my PRIV . so i bought a keyone and now the keytwo Le but decited i will try to fix the PRIV because i just like it .. i will try you method . thanks for posting . haven't found any solution else where so far .
    11-17-18 06:14 PM
    My PRIV had the same issue, it is not software related, the power button was causing the issues. The slider mechanism is too close too the underside of the power button and causes grime built up in the slider, to then be built up under the power button. I pulled the side of the phone near the power button away from the body, cleaned off the underside of the power button, and it started up just fine. I cleaned off the entire slider rail and have had no issues since. An easy way to trouble shoot this (after many hours of scratching my head) is to do this if phone is caught in the loop:
    -hold only the Volume Up button while phone is cycling. If this takes you to the green android robot with the word "error," then your power button is probably stuck. You are only supposed to get to this by pressing both the power button and the Volume Up button, but if you only press the Volume Up Button, then the power button is stuck.
    -hold only the Volume Down button while phone is cycling. If this takes you to the boot menu, then your power button is probably stuck. You are only supposed to get to this by pressing both the power button and the Volume Down button, but if you only press the Volume Down button, then the power button is stuck.

When I realized my phone did these things, it dawned on me it was a stuck power button. Once I cleaned it off, no issues. The slider mechanism being too close tot he power button internals is a design flaw.
    02-04-19 09:26 AM
    hi there
    that sounds as if that is what did for my stv3
    before I dig it out of a draw and dismantle it .
    how did you do the cleaning. exactly.
    02-05-19 12:26 AM
    hi there
    that sounds as if that is what did for my stv3
    before I dig it out of a draw and dismantle it .
    how did you do the cleaning. exactly.
    Just pull the side to expose the slide rails, clean with a cotton swab that has been soaked in rubbing alcohol.
    02-05-19 06:10 PM
    thanks for that
    did reboot by disconcerting battery when last attacking. so happy not to go so far. miracles could happen.!!!!
    02-06-19 02:07 AM
    good stuff, let us know how it goes.
    02-06-19 08:47 AM
35 12