The Classic was the last blackberry ever.
    I'm going to disagree with this, but I'm not a purist so there's that.
    09-25-15 05:55 PM
    I think people may be looking a little too far into this. Yes, he looked pretty stupid not knowing how to demo anything on the phone, but who really cares? Some tech sites will have a few laughs, but everyone already knows how Android works - no one needs him to do a runthrough. When it comes to their marketing material, they'll put together some nice videos of all of the features that make it different.

I'm kind of thinking that he was a little nervous because there were things that he's not supposed to show until it gets released. We saw in the leaks, that it will have a hub, so why wouldn't he say anything about that? With almost everything being leaked beforehand, maybe they still want to, officialy, keep some of the features away from the press.
    Plazmic Flame and wincyUt like this.
    09-25-15 06:03 PM
    That was brutal. Maybe he was shy lol

Confirmed chrome lag

Posted via CB10
    I think it's because that girl is sooooo hot!

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    09-25-15 06:05 PM
    I like it but not in black. This device will now only need an agressive advert. For the first time I am confident it will sell. I am also almost certain that the two children toys, namely Samsung and iPhone with the jellybean and kitkat, will start their downfall against Priv. Blackberry has missed its opportunity to build on Z30 which an awesome device to restart with. It should not do the same with Priv. Blackberry, be confident and invade the market agressively with Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 06:16 PM
    I think that lady was making Chen feel kinda funny
    jope28 likes this.
    09-25-15 06:36 PM
    Wow, absolutely brutal demo. Hope they have someone else show the phone until he learns how to use it. Yes, you can see he was trying BB10 swipes on it. Glad he seems to be used to a BB10 device at least.
    There does seem to be interest in this device, though - so who knows, they may sell a few.
    I may break down and get one. With nowhere else to go from my Z30, this may be the softest transition I will be able to make into Android. Hope the BlackBerry Productivity Suite is well done.
    09-25-15 06:52 PM
    I like the backlit keyboard and motion wallpaper
    09-25-15 07:05 PM
    I think that lady was making Chen feel kinda funny
    She's always been at BlackBerry events so I really hope Chen has gotten over that at this point.

He's just a CEO that plays a negligible (if any) role in the making of the products made by the employees of the company he happens to be running.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-25-15 07:10 PM
    Bla1ze, time to give us a real hands on demo with YOUR device!! Show Chen how it's done right!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    ckch likes this.
    09-25-15 07:15 PM
    Did he say it was a 5.5 screen?

Poetry in Motion
    anon(728548) likes this.
    09-25-15 07:19 PM
    Did he say it was a 5.5 screen?

Poetry in Motion
    Yes he did!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    09-25-15 07:35 PM
    I think Chen is awesome but I have no idea how he let that video air and not do another take!?! I wasn't sold on the phone before but I was interested and that video killed it all. The fact he didn't know how to work the device smoothly almost as if he didn't have anything to do with this phone.. and he had to mention Google first... also if I was in his position once it lagged like at the beginning automatic redo. Start rolling camera again ahaha I just can't believe that. Nothing against Chen though.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 07:35 PM
    maybe too soon to ask, will Blend work with the Priv?
    09-25-15 07:51 PM
    maybe too soon to ask, will Blend work with the Priv?
    That along with BBM video chat are questions to ponder. Would suck if someone went to the Priv and found they could no longer BBM video chat with BB10 ppl.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-25-15 07:57 PM
    Chen only knows BlackBerry 10 and he's not familiar with android Device.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:06 PM
    Jajajajaja he looks like me trying to use my wife's phone after I am so use to to bb10, it look. Great and it will be in my hands as soon as t-mobile has it in store

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:23 PM
    Not sure why he jumped the gun and decided to show it to a news network? If he wasn't prepared to show the full device why bring it in the first place!!! He made himself look like a fool...not that he should care but investors do care! He screwed up with classic launch and I have a feeling he'll screw up this opportunity too!

I liked chen but now he's just pissing me off with every mistake. If he cant handle the media then just stay away!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:35 PM
    Don't Knock him, the fact he was trying to swipe, instead of pecking away, shows he is used to BB10 OS. that brought a smile to my face. I'm sure there are a lot of people who know how to use Android OS, so i don't think that little lapse will discourage people from trying the new Priv. It's obvious that the Priv has a lot of appeal, judging from the look on her face when he handed it to her.
    dusanvn and deadcowboy like this.
    09-25-15 09:37 PM
    Ksigma, don't be silly, It's not John Chen's job to sell the phones, it's up top the marketing department
    09-25-15 09:41 PM
    Yes so why is showing off the phone then? Leave it to the marketing team.

It was a botched interview and once again he's taking a nice device like Priv the same path as Classic and Passport. Both were horribly marketed and launched.

Posted via CB10
    WT44 and solitude1984 like this.
    09-25-15 09:48 PM
    He probably should've handed it to her to demo?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 09:57 PM
    Please get that phone out of his hands. The man looks clueless lol.

Posted via CB10
    He is when he comes to BlackBerry devices.

Posted from CB10
    09-25-15 10:33 PM
    Not sure why he jumped the gun and decided to show it to a news network? If he wasn't prepared to show the full device why bring it in the first place!!! He made himself look like a fool...not that he should care but investors do care! He screwed up with classic launch and I have a feeling he'll screw up this opportunity too!

I liked chen but now he's just pissing me off with every mistake. If he cant handle the media then just stay away!

Posted via CB10
    It's so true. He's an embarrassment to the platform and products.

Posted from CB10
    09-25-15 10:34 PM
    We wanted Google Play Services.... now we finally got it.
    09-25-15 10:42 PM
    I remember when the HP TouchPad was being released, they were interviewing John Rubinstein on Engadget and he had no clue what the specs on the TouchPad were. He also had no idea of the processor was a dual core or not. This was years ago. Eh, Chen has other things to worry about. I'm just glad this phone is coming out soon.

600 bucks little man, but that Priv in my hand!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-25-15 11:11 PM
102 1234 ...