Total reboot or turning off/on the BT from the Phone?

AS I have experienced, this only happens to me once (and only for a short period of time) usually stuttering enough for the device to skip the entire song it is playing and then move on.

The more interesting this is that it happens all the time on my Dodge, but never has happed on my GF's 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid - wonder if its the head unit of the BT in the car??
    Cycle didn't fix it, but a full 32-second reboot. That's my go to fix for random issues.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-04-17 10:02 AM
    Cycle didn't fix it, but a full 32-second reboot. That's my go to fix for random issues.
    Thank you kindly
    01-04-17 10:05 AM
    Total reboot or turning off/on the BT from the Phone?

AS I have experienced, this only happens to me once (and only for a short period of time) usually stuttering enough for the device to skip the entire song it is playing and then move on.

The more interesting this is that it happens all the time on my Dodge, but never has happed on my GF's 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid - wonder if its the head unit of the BT in the car??
    Or some other interference with the BT radio signals? It would be nice if they identified where the BT antennas are located in the vehicle.
    01-04-17 12:05 PM
    It's bizarre. Something is playing fine on BT and when you go to the lock screen it stutters. When logged it, it no longer stutters.

Someone said (above) that BB thinks it is a CPU load problem. That is obviously true, but what are they doing to do about it?

Thanks. Nice to be back with BB.

Robin
    02-01-17 05:18 PM
    I've had a ticket open with blackberry via the support department for months. It's been escalated for investigation and they have told me it's a cpu load issue.

The more that report this the sooner this gets fixed.

I'm at the point I am going to switch off this device.
    I'm no longer under warrantee so no sense in reporting it I assume.
    02-01-17 05:21 PM
    I'm no longer under warrantee so no sense in reporting it I assume.
    Well, I would not pay to call them on the phone but if you can log it via twitter or their other help modes, it might help them realize it is a more widespread issue and a fix might help you, too.
    robin ottawa likes this.
    02-01-17 05:30 PM
    I think you guys are right it's some kind of CPU load issue. If I am not using the phone and have the screen off there is no stuttering but as soon as I turn the screen on it starts. Still incredibly frustrating.
    02-02-17 03:52 PM
    Hello fellow Priv users, I've been following the issue for quite some time now since i have updated my Priv to marshmallow and suffered horrendous bluetooth connection to my car audio. I've been trying after each updates to see if it is fixed and it seems the latest one (5th Feb) had fixed the issue. (for me, at least)
    Other things i notice include:
    1. Faster connecting time to my car headunit
    2. No stuttering when streaming music using Spotify on my Priv to the car audio
    The connection also connects fairly swift.
    I have tried by rebooting multiple times to confirm this.
    The HU is an Isuzu Dmax truck HU.
    Previous software build AAH995, latest AAJ043
    Hope this helps, do share if you also experience smooth music now !
    Priv Bluetooth Stuttering-screenshot_20170119-142216.jpg
    Priv Bluetooth Stuttering-screenshot_20170206-175239.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    02-06-17 04:02 AM
    Hello fellow Priv users, I've been following the issue for quite some time now since i have updated my Priv to marshmallow and suffered horrendous bluetooth connection to my car audio. I've been trying after each updates to see if it is fixed and it seems the latest one (5th Feb) had fixed the issue. (for me, at least)
    Other things i notice include:
    1. Faster connecting time to my car headunit
    2. No stuttering when streaming music using Spotify on my Priv to the car audio
    The connection also connects fairly swift.
    I have tried by rebooting multiple times to confirm this.
    The HU is an Isuzu Dmax truck HU.
    Previous software build AAH995, latest AAJ043
    Hope this helps, do share if you also experience smooth music now !
    WELCOME to Crackberry and thanks for sharing your results from the latest update.
    02-06-17 09:15 AM
    Unfortunately I'm still having the same issues with Bluetooth even after the February update. So frustrating.
    02-06-17 11:25 PM
    I also noticed a much quicker connection time to known devices. Stuttering which i always experienced in the past is gone for me. There has been definitely a change with the new update
    02-07-17 01:28 PM
    Us Verizon Priv users have to wait a bit to get our update; I do hope it will help my stuttering problems with Bluetooth. Waiting...waiting....
    02-07-17 04:27 PM
    Unfortunately I'm still having the same issues with Bluetooth even after the February update. So frustrating.
    I went a few days without problems, and thought it was either the update OR keeping my BB flip case off, so that if the flap flapped, it wouldn't wake the phone and cause the problem.

But for two days, without the flip case, it's been stuttering again and this time I cannot see any correlation with anything. I have to assume there are occasional demands on the CPU, even it just from the podcaster that is playing, and that distracts the CPU from controlling the BT signal.

But does it really make sense for a security patch to improve non-security issues?
    02-07-17 04:48 PM
    I just got the March update on my Verizon Priv and I am STILL getting the stuttering on Bluetooth. I am really upset about this because the tech at BlackBerry support said that they figured out what the problem was and were going to correct this in an upcoming update. So far the February and March one did not fix it. I can't believe this is happening. My $190 JBL XTreme speaker is basically useless to me unless I want to connect it via a cord. Sigh.
    03-19-17 05:14 PM
    Maybe they meant OS update and not security update? That would be Nougat now I guess.

But, data point, I just switched my sim to a Nexus 6 for the day and, voila, breakup in signal to my BT headset! Just like with my Priv. This is a new-ish ~$100 Plantronics Edge.

That is the problem with these kinds of problems. It's difficult to pin the blame on one thing.
    03-23-17 10:23 AM
    I have a priv and jbl charge 3. I had the problem with the bluetooth connection stuttering bad now that the Aug update is out my priv seems almost 100% fixed. I did adjust a few options in the apps for battery optimization as well.
    08-27-17 03:11 PM
    solved with August update
    09-03-17 07:03 AM
    It isn't just a Priv issue. My Priv stutters with some devices and not with others. I have a pair of JBL headphones and it works perfectly with them. I have a headset that streams music perfectly, well, until I ran it over with a car. I have another headset that stutters when streaming music, and a bluetooth system for a motorcycle helmet that now stutters. I can turn off A2DP with software for the motorcycle device and that sometimes helps.

The same devices stutter with my wife's Samsung S4 though, and she is on Lollipop. This is a pretty well known Android issue.
    09-03-17 01:24 PM
    Hey Everyone, Up until about 5 days ago my Priv has always worked in my car. Then all of a sudden it started skipping, so bad that you can't even hear the songs. I tried rebooting it, disconnecting and re- pairing it, turning Google off, turning data off, even turned off Bluetooth message setting, etc etc etc. I find it very odd that it has just randomly started. The next day I received notice that I needed updates so I was excited thinking this must be the problem and it will fix it but NOPE! Anyone else still having this issue and has anyone figured out how to fix it yet? I can't even plug the phone in my aux because the PRIV says it can't download my content
    10-29-17 10:51 AM
    had similar a few months a go. even worse on hf car kit.
    10-30-17 12:02 PM
    So this stuttering problem is really the only major issue I have with the PRIV. I had a chance to talk to a former RIM employee recently, and he suggested the issue might be my case. I have the BB Leather Smart Flip case, and usually when in the car, the phone sits on the seat next to me with the case closed. He mentioned that when the case closes, it tells the OS to try and silence/shutdown many apps for the battery saving. This could be causing the performance issues.

Also reading the forums the suggestion to turn off Bluetooth and turn back on would clear the memory buffer. That could help as well. So the last couple of days when I'm in the car, I turn off the bluetooth, turn it back on, connect to the car then leave the phone on the seat next to me with the flip open. No stuttering at all. None. First time ever with this phone. No idea how long this will continue, but at the moment, I am not complaining. Very happy!
    01-03-18 11:39 AM
    It's not just the Priv. It is an Android issue. My wife's Samsung S4 does it. My Priv does it with some devices, and others work fine.
    01-03-18 12:33 PM
    I found one solution on that that may help... not the ideal solution but at least it works. Unfourtnately, it's a short term solution.

https://help.elitehrv.com/article/13...-cache-android

I also found another solution was to delete the bluetooth and re-add... so far so good...
    06-14-18 03:14 PM
    I had read elsewhere about an Android bug with battery optimization. The proposed solution was to edit battery parameters : unselecting battery optimization for apps that send audio to bluetooth, such as Google play Music etc.

It seemed to work for a while; however, the problem reappeared.
    Last edited by pierre5018; 08-31-18 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Problem reappeared
    08-30-18 01:38 PM
49 12