I got my Priv yesterday and was trying to connect it to my car's Bluetooth, but it does not detect the Bluetooth on my car. My car is a 2010 VW Golf, and my previous phone would simply search for nearby Bluetooth and pairs with it once located. so basically the phone does the searching and pairing (after i enter the password for the car's Bluetooth).

so does anyone know how to make it connect? anyone else has similar vehicles or similar issues?
    04-21-16 08:19 AM
    I got mine paired with my 2013 Golf TDI, unfortunately I can't remember the order in how I did it.
    04-21-16 08:32 AM
    I wonder if the interface/system is different in your car...do you remember doing anything to it before it was paired with the Priv?
    04-21-16 08:38 AM
    Is there an option something like 'add a new phone" or device on the car's system? Or open the car's BT to discovery. I know you mentioned a password but is there anything else on adding new devices?
    04-21-16 10:04 AM
    Is there an option something like 'add a new phone" or device on the car's system? Or open the car's BT to discovery. I know you mentioned a password but is there anything else on adding new devices?
    Not that i remember, i will look at the manual again, but from what i remember the car's Bluetooth is always active and it's the phone that tries to connect to it..kinda like WIFI. Once the device locates the car's bluetooth i enter the passcode and it gets paired..
    04-21-16 10:49 AM
    Not that i remember, i will look at the manual again, but from what i remember the car's Bluetooth is always active and it's the phone that tries to connect to it..kinda like WIFI. Once the device locates the car's bluetooth i enter the passcode and it gets paired..
    I have 2012 golf and I had to select add new phone to get it to connect. It was under users I think. Also the car has to be stopped for the option to work. Atleast for mine

Posted from my Priv
    04-21-16 11:48 AM
    I have 2012 golf and I had to select add new phone to get it to connect. It was under users I think. Also the car has to be stopped for the option to work. Atleast for mine

Posted from my Priv
    thanks, i will have to look at the manual for sure. i hope it's the same interface as urs.
    04-21-16 11:51 AM
    So Bluetooth worked fine when I tried again. I guess it just didn't detect it the first time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-16 05:06 PM
    I got my Priv yesterday and was trying to connect it to my car's Bluetooth, but it does not detect the Bluetooth on my car. My car is a 2010 VW Golf, and my previous phone would simply search for nearby Bluetooth and pairs with it once located. so basically the phone does the searching and pairing (after i enter the password for the car's Bluetooth).

so does anyone know how to make it connect? anyone else has similar vehicles or similar issues?
    Clear your vw radio system Do reset than it will work for you. I have 2011 vw and I had same problem. It is vw issue not phone problem.
    04-21-16 09:13 PM
    Clear your vw radio system Do reset than it will work for you. I have 2011 vw and I had same problem. It is vw issue not phone problem.
    it did work, but didn't have to clear or reset anything. the Bluetooth on the phone simply located the one on the car and it paired
    04-21-16 10:14 PM