Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-06-16 01:40 PM
32 12
tools
    On the fence about the priv and the passport I like android not too big in apps yes there's one or two games I might play but I mostly use Google play music and Google docs, and drive. The new priv just looks amazing and I want s physical keyboard witch both have the priv have physical and the virtual keyboard witch I'm using on my one plus one now. But I've been hearing mix reviews on the priv what is everyone thought on two of BlackBerry best devices.
    11-26-15 10:47 PM
    If your not a fan of "the apps" get the Passport Se. In my opinion it's perfection besides the app gap. If the passport ran google services I'd be amazed.. I'm running both passport and priv!

Posted via Priv
    11-26-15 10:51 PM
    If your not a fan of "the apps" get the Passport Se. In my opinion it's perfection besides the app gap. If the passport ran google services I'd be amazed.. I'm running both passport and priv!

Posted via Priv
    Nice ... I was using a BlackBerry Z30 for a while with Google Apps that I needed but I'm just thinking of future proofing the spec on the passport is nice and will be fine for bb10 I just can't wait to see a priv in one of my local stores so I can decide.
    11-26-15 11:48 PM
    Buy the priv.

Posted via STV100-1
    11-27-15 01:53 PM
    Can't go wrong with owning both .

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-27-15 02:02 PM
    If apps are not a complete priority then the Passport is worth a look. I'd personally recommend the Priv though.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:10 PM
    Passport is 20% off on shopblackberry until December 1st.
    11-27-15 03:20 PM
    Passport SE if you're fine with less apps. I have both but I keep using my passport probably because am not used to android and I find it clumsy

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:25 PM
    Have both. Keep wanting to love the Priv but in my opinion it is not ready for prime time. Can't load all my email due to Hub glitches, trouble with SD card management, iffy battery life and OK build. PP SE sails through all that but with the best build of any device I have ever owned. I think one day the Priv will be an excellent device, it is just that that day hasn't come yet.
    kertong likes this.
    11-27-15 03:26 PM
    If you are comfortable with Android already get the Priv. If you don't like Android and you're comfortable with BB10, but want to ensure long term support for the phone that you buy, get an iPhone. Without developer support and potentially without long term support from BBRY what's the advantage of buying a BB10 device?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-27-15 03:53 PM
    Get both!! But realistically, get the PRIV if there are apps that you absolutely need and can't live without. Get the Passport if you don't need a million apps and want a solid device that is extremely secure and handles emails flawlessly. As great as android is as a communications device, it doesn't compare when looking at Blackberry Hub, on Blackberry devices, for email management.
    11-27-15 11:45 PM
    I've got both, I'm very lucky to have them. I enjoy both a lot. If you have an opportunity to own both, go for it. If not, it's totally up to basically what everybody else says, here's my take on it:

SE:
    BlackBerry 10 is awesome, just have to monkey around a bit for some apps.

I love BlackBerry 10's mobile computing prowess.

Right out of the box you get a complete mobile computing experience.

Hardware design is seriously awesome!

I don't use many apps so it's great for me!

Built in Hub is undeniably great!

File Manager app is best in the business.

BlackBerry Blend is very impressive.

PRIV:
    The BlackBerry version of Android is fun, you get all the apps, plus you are still using a BlackBerry with their legendary keyboard(s) and security.

It's secured by BlackBerry (on more levels than what Android does, don't listen to haters), yet you can have access to the 'no hassles' Google Play Store.

Hardware design is seriously awesome!

I don't use many apps so it's still great for me!

My DTEK is never busy because I don't muck around with wack apps and anything that does access something, me and DTEK already know! HA! (plus I haven't activated much of the Google stuff I don't need)

Privacy is important. Security is important. BlackBerry nails these. Hence PRIV.

In this day and age of 'big data' - what doesn't access our information? Whether we like it or not, we are now completely dependent on our devices and the information they hold and share. Everybody wants to be so connected, yet expect 100 percent privacy all the time? Even on our BlackBerry 10 devices, many of us still use a Gmail account.

At least BlackBerry draws a line in the sand and makes every effort to ensure you feel private and secure. I don't see that effort from other Android OEMs, unless BlackBerry is their partner.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-28-15 at 12:27 AM.
    Brad Morse likes this.
    11-28-15 12:00 AM
    I used to say 'BlackBerry 10 for eternity!!!' Because it is truly a compelling OS. Now it's 'I hope BlackBerry can make devices for eternity!!!' So, I have to change with the company if I want to be a BlackBerry fan. I'm embracing their decision and hopefully, as many others have said, they can hold down support for both Android and BlackBerry 10. Who knows. Probably not, but here's to hope!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:24 AM
    I would go for a Passport SE..it is cheaper and if you ever need additional Android apps to fill BB10 app gaps you can always just use Amazon Store or install Google Play and have them all. It means that with a Passport you can have the best of both words while with a Priv you are stuck and limited forever.

Also, keyboard on the Priv is much smaller but this might a personal preference. The Passport has also other more refined BB10 core featured missing from the Priv, like BBM Video, BB10 File Manager, of course the full BB10 experience that is fully touch based logical, a fantastic larger screen, and other things that are not yet on Android and
    I got never be....

:-)

Best regards,

Leo

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 12:37 AM
    Get both. I alternate between the two and never lose a step in productivity.

Passport SE is my secure device for sensitive data.
    Priv is my "play phone" for data intensive apps.

Together I have the ultimate BlackBerry experience and all this without resorting to fanboy antics.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    Z30Commission likes this.
    11-28-15 03:21 AM
    On the fence about the priv and the passport I like android not too big in apps yes there's one or two games I might play but I mostly use Google play music and Google docs, and drive. The new priv just looks amazing and I want s physical keyboard witch both have the priv have physical and the virtual keyboard witch I'm using on my one plus one now. But I've been hearing mix reviews on the priv what is everyone thought on two of BlackBerry best devices.
    The Priv definitely doesn't have all the android bloatware so prevalent in some brands. Just so ya know. For this reason not a big fan of samsung androids.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 03:39 AM
    Short answer Passport! Using Priv other than hardware phone is junk! OS s stupid!
    Especially when you are coming from OS10 it seems, Mercedes to Toyota corolla

Posted by Priv
    11-28-15 04:39 AM
    Get the Passport, it has been a year since I bought it and is still a Powerful Productivity tool and tough like a Rock!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 11:01 AM
    get the priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 06:04 PM
    Do android apps run smoothly in passport se?
    04-02-16 04:18 AM
    Do android apps run smoothly in passport se?
    Yes. What I use, run smooth.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:32 AM
    Only apps for Android 4.3 or older

Posted with BlackBerry Passport, last BB10 manufactered ever.
    04-02-16 05:44 AM
    The funny thing about this "app gap" is how I purchased and downloaded many apps on my Priv and then used the Cobalt solution to install the Play Store, signed in, and downloaded many of those exact apps to my Passport - they all work!

So, I'm not entirely sure there is any "app gap" at all in my situation.

Oh, I got my second Priv today! Must keep supporting BlackBerry! Although my single handed support is nothing much, at least it's something.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-02-16 06:20 PM
    I plan to have BlackBerry devices that I own right now in use for at least 3 more years. I'm talking 2019 time frame. So, I have 2 Priv and a bunch of BlackBerry 10 devices just in case. If they make those 2 new devices planned, then I will get those too.

04-02-16 06:34 PM
    I got a leather pouch for my new Priv, just need a screen protector, and it will be ready to rock and roll if anything happens to my existing Priv.

04-02-16 07:05 PM
32 12