I'm currently using Galaxy S5 Active and would like to upgrade. I read that Priv uses BB infrastructure for secure communication like email, BBM etc.

1) Does the Priv require BES (a BES data plan) in order to use the BB secure infrastructure? Since the Priv can be purchased unlocked, I think it shouldn't need it, but am not sure.

2) I am planning to use the Priv in Cambodia with a local 3-4G SIM card, without the BES plan, but the SIM does have data plan. Will my data be travelling within BB secure infrastructure? FYI: Cambodia does have BES servers and BES data plan.

Please help.

Thanks.
    10-28-15 03:10 AM
    I'm currently using Galaxy S5 Active and would like to upgrade. I read that Priv uses BB infrastructure for secure communication like email, BBM etc.

1) Does the Priv require BES (a BES data plan) in order to use the BB secure infrastructure? Since the Priv can be purchased unlocked, I think it shouldn't need it, but am not sure.

2) I am planning to use the Priv in Cambodia with a local 3-4G SIM card, without the BES plan, but the SIM does have data plan. Will my data be travelling within BB secure infrastructure? FYI: Cambodia does have BES servers and BES data plan.

Please help.

Thanks.
    No need for BES or BIS for that matter.
    11-01-15 09:39 PM
    Will my data be travelling within BB secure infrastructure?
    No it will not. Just BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:50 PM
    Your data outside BBM would need to be on bes to be secure, but you don't need it for the phone to work. BlackBerry supposedly has some extra security built in to protect from snooping. A lot of that will depend on what the user is willing to allow as far as app permission goes.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:38 PM

Please help.

Thanks.
    If you concern about security, there is encryption in the priv. You may also use bbm as a secure communication platform, and DTEK will help you a lot to prevent any mallware accessing anything in your phone

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-02-15 07:22 AM