I have conjured up the courage to park my BlackBerry Z30 is my second day with my new BlackBerry Priv. I am trying to set it up to work with blackberry blend which I find so useful in trying to download app onto the Priv from the play store I got a message saying that it is not compatible my vital understand now that device could at work the blackberry blend can someone help me
    09-04-16 08:10 AM
    Not available for the Priv, and no plans to be anytime soon, if ever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    andy957 likes this.
    09-04-16 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry Blend, just as with anything BlackBerry, is dead. EOL. Lifeless. Unfulfilled potential. Thought truth, bud.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-16 08:50 AM
    I have conjured up the courage to park my BlackBerry Z30 is my second day with my new BlackBerry Priv. I am trying to set it up to work with blackberry blend which I find so useful in trying to download app onto the Priv from the play store I got a message saying that it is not compatible my vital understand now that device could at work the blackberry blend can someone help me
    Two issues really. First, as noted, Blend is official End-of-life (there was a posting and blog entry a while ago). Meaning BB no longer supports it.

Second, Blend ties BB10 devices to either computers (desktop) or Android Tablets. So what you are trying to do would tie or Blend your old Z30 to your Priv (if it worked). It would not Blend your Priv to any other device. In addition, there are now a series of comments that Blend stopped working on Android Tablets. I know that it no longer works with my Samsung Tab S. But it still works with my Win7 and now a new Win10 laptop. I have a Priv but still use Blend with my Z30 on my two Windows machines.
    O4ORVILLE likes this.
    09-04-16 10:24 AM
    wow I am quite surprised, Blend had a lot of potential to be great if they had invested more in it ..the same can be said for BB10 I feel that this platform lacked investment as it such a beauty to work with. So it seems BB is really and truly at the end of it life ....I do recall BB had a massive market share ....How times changed
    gebco and FF22 like this.
    09-04-16 12:02 PM
    Hi there, when you write "no plans to be anytime soon", is that inside knowledge or a guess? There are other forums and journalist commentaries which do speak of making blend available for the Priv... I ask because I too got the Priv before knowing blend was not available for it, and it may change my mind about it...
    10-17-16 05:35 PM
    Hi there, when you write "no plans to be anytime soon", is that inside knowledge or a guess? There are other forums and journalist commentaries which do speak of making blend available for the Priv... I ask because I too got the Priv before knowing blend was not available for it, and it may change my mind about it...
    There's a document on BB's site with End-of-life info. Blend is mentioned in that document so it is probably NOT going to get any upgrades or movement to the newer platform. Sorry I don't have the link handy.
    10-17-16 06:23 PM
    Not gonna happen

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-16 06:58 PM
    so it is probably NOT going to get any upgrades.
    I'd say it won't.
    10-17-16 11:17 PM
    I haven't used this, but a friend with Android mentioned it to me when I showed him Blend when I got my Passport... have a look:

AIR DROID:

https://www.airdroid.com/

"Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on."

Video:
    10-20-16 09:54 PM
    I haven't used this, but a friend with Android mentioned it to me when I showed him Blend when I got my Passport... have a look:

AIR DROID:

https://www.airdroid.com/

"Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on."

Video:
    I've used it, doesn't even come close to the functionality of Blend.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:42 PM
    What's it missing other than Hub and BBM?
    11-04-16 04:27 PM
    What's it missing other than Hub and BBM?
    That's just that, it doesn't have access to the Hub and therefore no email aggregation service. It does well for what it does offer, but for a BB10 user coming from Blend it's a noticeable downgrade.

If you don't have contacts on BBM or prefer WhatsApp or whatever, then it may be fine for you. But even Bla1ze has said that it just didn't do enough for him.
    11-04-16 05:03 PM
    thanks, i am using Airdroid now, very useful ...
    12-01-16 08:26 AM
    Been using the DTEK60 on launch day after using my trusty old Passport and past BB10 devices (Z10, Z30, Leap) along with Blend.

Since early this month I've made the most of Airdroid but have since moved over to Pushbullet.

I find Pushbullet much more refined with more features getting close to what we all got spoiled with using Blend.

https://www.pushbullet.com/
    00stryder likes this.
    12-01-16 11:52 AM