Hi guys,

Whenever I click 'send' on a text message, the screen goes black for about 3 seconds and then goes back to the list of text messages. If I click on the person who I sent the text to, the text does not appear. I have to off of it for a few seconds, then go back onto it for it to show that it has sent the text. Really random. I have reset the phone a number of times but the issue is still there. Thanks
    11-29-18 12:59 PM
    Hi guys,

Whenever I click 'send' on a text message, the screen goes black for about 3 seconds and then goes back to the list of text messages. If I click on the person who I sent the text to, the text does not appear. I have to off of it for a few seconds, then go back onto it for it to show that it has sent the text. Really random. I have reset the phone a number of times but the issue is still there. Thanks
    Does it also happen if you use a third party app like Textra ?
    11-29-18 02:23 PM
    Does it also happen if you use a third party app like Textra ?
    Hi there,

I had never heard of 'textra, but I have just downloaded it and that worked fine so no, it only works on blackberry standard text message
    11-29-18 02:28 PM
    Hi there,

I had never heard of 'textra, but I have just downloaded it and that worked fine so no, it only works on blackberry standard text message
    So the problem only happens with the stock Android sms app ?
    11-29-18 02:41 PM
    So the problem only happens with the stock Android sms app ?
    I have only tried the textra, and as it doesn't happen there, I'm assuming so, yes
    11-29-18 02:43 PM
    I have only tried the textra, and as it doesn't happen there, I'm assuming so, yes
    Ok, try clearing the cache for the stock SMS app. Go into Settings -> Apps -> Messages -> Storage -> Clear cache (don't clear the data!)
    11-29-18 02:48 PM
    Ok, try clearing the cache for the stock SMS app. Go into Settings -> Apps -> Messages -> Storage -> Clear cache (don't clear the data!)
    Hi,

Thanks for this. I've clicked the 'clear cache' button over 15 times and it's doing nothing.

One thing that I have noticed though (not sure if this is in any way relevant?) Is that at the top where it says 'Messages, directly underneath, in a scrolling message, it says the following:

(version 3.8.042 (basilisck_RC20_xxarm64-arm64-v8a.phone)

Is that normal?
    11-29-18 02:57 PM
    I have a Dtek 50 and the exact same thing started happening a few days ago. My messages App info also scrolls ALMOST the same info: version 3.8.042 basilisck_RC20_xxhdpi-arm64-v8a.phone)

the screen blanks out or blacks out, then the text may/may not appear and i never know if the the text has been sent.
    11-30-18 09:54 AM
    I think its the new "dark mode" update.
    11-30-18 10:00 AM
    My Priv has been acting strange as well, including the screen going blank on send. It also sometimes has my previously-sent message (or what I thought had been sent) in the new text window when I open a conversation, in addition to it being above in the string. I know of at least one instance where what I thought had been sent never made it to the recipient.
    12-01-18 10:59 PM