i put my device on the charger and went to sleep when i woke up my screen wouldn't turn on, the touch is working. tried using magnet, removed the battery and did everything possible but nothing worked.
    now is there a way to copy everything on the device like home screen setting and all the data. i know i'm supposed to backup every couple months at least but i didn't ( i can access the device and do some things if necessary )
    05-12-18 07:20 AM
    is this forum dead :/
    05-12-18 09:50 AM
    is this forum dead :/
    You post something at 8:20am, wait two hours and declare the forum dead? It might be because it is Saturday and many people aren't online.

That being said, you removed the battery?
    the_boon likes this.
    05-12-18 01:18 PM
    That being said, you removed the battery?
    Huh? 🤔

Bob
    moegh likes this.
    05-12-18 03:47 PM
    Huh? ������

Bob
    Yeah, that's what the OP said, he removed the battery. I wasn't suggesting it. I was wondering if he actually tore the phone apart and removed the battery. If he did that much, I would have checked connections for the screen as well.
    05-12-18 03:49 PM
    Yeah, that's what the OP said, he removed the battery. I wasn't suggesting it. I was wondering if he actually tore the phone apart and removed the battery. If he did that much, I would have checked connections for the screen as well.
    I understand the OP said it... I was just commenting on your comment of what appeared to be amazement... 😁

Bob
    05-12-18 06:32 PM
    I understand the OP said it... I was just commenting on your comment of what appeared to be amazement... ������

Bob
    lol Yeah, I probably would have tried a 32 second restart first, but that's just me. I also like the way people all of a sudden want to backup their phone after it doesn't work.

Also, how does he know the touch is working if he cannot see the screen? There is a lot of information missing here.
    05-12-18 06:46 PM
    lol Yeah, I probably would have tried a 32 second restart first, but that's just me. I also like the way people all of a sudden want to backup their phone after it doesn't work.

Also, how does he know the touch is working if he cannot see the screen? There is a lot of information missing here.
    Yep... the 32 second restart is like taking the battery out... just like the earlier BlackBerry devices with removable back cases. But not actually taking it out of the Priv which isn't that easy I would imagine.

Bob
    05-12-18 07:36 PM
    I never read anywhere where OP ever put back the battery. This would explain black screen too.. No?
    PHughes, Bob80220 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-12-18 07:41 PM
    I have also had the rare occasion when tapping the screen didn't turn the screen back on, but pressing the power button did turn it back on. of course some people have their phone set up that way anyway. Mine is set to turn the screen back on by tapping the screen twice.
    05-12-18 08:19 PM
    I have also had the rare occasion when tapping the screen didn't turn the screen back on, but pressing the power button did turn it back on. of course some people have their phone set up that way anyway. Mine is set to turn the screen back on by tapping the screen twice.
    I have also experienced this on a few occasions even though I have my Priv set up to wake up by tapping the screen.

Bob
    PHughes likes this.
    05-12-18 08:29 PM
    Sorry didn't pay attention to timezone it was like 2 pm here
    Yes i did remove the battery
    05-13-18 12:55 AM
    Yes i did that too removed the screen cables and reconnected them
    PHughes likes this.
    05-13-18 12:56 AM
    Again did the 32 sec
    I know because when i slide my finger up the screen i can hear the unlock sound and when i press the pass pads it vibrates and i can unlock it and locate a few things that i remember where i put them
    PHughes likes this.
    05-13-18 01:00 AM
    Very funny
    05-13-18 01:01 AM
    Tapping twice and using the power button does nothing it turns on cause the touch starts working but like i said black screen
    05-13-18 01:02 AM
    It doesnt work sometimes because the sensor is blocked. Try to cover it with your finger and the screen wont turn on
    05-13-18 01:04 AM
    Sorry didn't pay attention to timezone it was like 2 pm here
    Yes i did remove the battery
    The time displayed is different on my computer due to time zone differences.
    05-13-18 01:39 PM
    The time displayed is different on my computer due to time zone differences.
    It’s five o’clock somewhere.
    PHughes likes this.
    05-13-18 01:51 PM
    Again did the 32 sec
    I know because when i slide my finger up the screen i can hear the unlock sound and when i press the pass pads it vibrates and i can unlock it and locate a few things that i remember where i put them
    Time for a new display perhaps. It still may be a bad connection, but doubtful considering you disconnected and reconnected. It is odd that it was working when you pugged it in to charge, then did not work once you took it off charge though.

You don't by any chance have it set to work with a Slimport HDMI cable do you? You could hook it to a TV and see the screen to check things over.

I'm also wondering if booting into safe mode would do anything, but I doubt it, and getting there would be problematic since you cannot see the screen. I assume nothing at all comes up on the display while it is booting.

Also, are you using Daydream? Some have reported issues like this with a third party Daydream.

It may be a faulty proximity sensor as well. Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

Some have reported an issue where their phone was black, except for the call screen. Try calling the phone and see what happens, if anything.

Some have reported your issue, going black after charging over night and fixed it with the 32 second restart. Ignore all vibrations until after 32 seconds. You say you have done that though. Others plugged the phone in to charge with a different charger and had it come back on.

Here are some threads you may want to look at:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...23/index2.html

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-turn-1049358/
    05-13-18 02:31 PM
    Time for a new display perhaps. It still may be a bad connection, but doubtful considering you disconnected and reconnected. It is odd that it was working when you pugged it in to charge, then did not work once you took it off charge though.

You don't by any chance have it set to work with a Slimport HDMI cable do you? You could hook it to a TV and see the screen to check things over.

I'm also wondering if booting into safe mode would do anything, but I doubt it, and getting there would be problematic since you cannot see the screen. I assume nothing at all comes up on the display while it is booting.

Also, are you using Daydream? Some have reported issues like this with a third party Daydream.

It may be a faulty proximity sensor as well. Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

Some have reported an issue where their phone was black, except for the call screen. Try calling the phone and see what happens, if anything.

Some have reported your issue, going black after charging over night and fixed it with the 32 second restart. Ignore all vibrations until after 32 seconds. You say you have done that though. Others plugged the phone in to charge with a different charger and had it come back on.

Here are some threads you may want to look at:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...23/index2.html

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-turn-1049358/
    No for the hdmi i dont think so
    And i tried to turn on usb debugging to mirror it to my laptop ( funny thing is my laptop's screen turned purple a week before LOL ) but no luck couldnt do it

Not gonna bother to turn on in safe mode i'm sure it's not gonna help

No not using daydream

No screen protector on the phone

Tried calling ( whatsapp and normal calls ) and answered the call but didnt help

Tried a bunch of chargers and tried to plug it into the laptop too
    05-13-18 04:10 PM
    Thanks everyone for trying to help but my question is . Is there a way to backup the same way as you do on bb10 ??

Screen cost more than the device itself i think too so i don't think i'm gonna get a new screen
    05-13-18 04:13 PM
    Thanks everyone for trying to help but my question is . Is there a way to backup the same way as you do on bb10 ??

Screen cost more than the device itself i think too so i don't think i'm gonna get a new screen
    Buy a used screen or phone off Ebay. Sorry, nothing like the backup for BB10, only the option to sync to Google. There are backup options, but they are app based, and your screen would need to work.
    05-13-18 04:31 PM
    Buy a used screen or phone off Ebay. Sorry, nothing like the backup for BB10, only the option to sync to Google. There are backup options, but they are app based, and your screen would need to work.
    No ebay where i live ������
    PHughes likes this.
    05-13-18 04:46 PM
    No ebay where i live ������
    Well, you aren't missing out on much. It seems the screens there are still high priced.
    moegh likes this.
    05-13-18 05:09 PM
29 12