Priv better in performance than keyone?-img_20170525_081803.png

I saw the benchmark scores on both priv and keyone in this screenshot of the video and while they are pretty similar...priv does score higher than the keyone.

Does that translate into real world usage? Cuz if software is optimised better on priv it is capable of performing better than the keyone based on the benchmark scores I saw.

Posted via CB10
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-24-17 11:07 PM
    05-24-17 11:10 PM
    Numbers don't mean jack. The OS differences alone make the KEYone a better performer than Priv but w/o the Priv being on Nougat it's a guessing game as to how, if they were actually comparable, Priv would perform.
    05-24-17 11:10 PM
    PRIV doesnt even come close. NOT at all. Not even within 100km of it. KEYone is the much better device performance, build and battery wise.

I prefer the PRIV's form factor though.
    hoytbowhunter and mithrazor like this.
    05-24-17 11:11 PM
    Wow I didn't know keyone was soo good... in india the keyone is selling on ebay for around 64000₹ thats more than the iphone 7 product red which costs 58000₹, so now way I can buy a keyone without going broke... you know in india I can get a 150cc bike for lesser than keyone.

Posted via CB10
    hamilgs likes this.
    05-24-17 11:23 PM
    Priv better in performance than keyone?-img_20170525_095501.png
    Here is the cheapest keyone I could find in india

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 11:25 PM
    Here is the cheapest keyone I could find in india

Posted via CB10
    Wait until Optiemus Infracom sells it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-24-17 11:36 PM
    I have no idea how do they manage to kill the performance that much... Privs score over 70000, and this is with no cache clearing, background apps closing, whatever; just installed and ran. They're obviously doing something very wrong.
    Priv better in performance than keyone?-screenshot-23-apr-2017-10_25_44-.jpg
    Priv better in performance than keyone?-img_20170423_110626.jpg

In reality, anything with a score of 50+ k can run day-to-day tasks with very good and comparable speed.
    But nvm... Even if KEYone was twice the Priv's speed, which it isn't, it wouldn't be worth nowhere near double or triple, the price. Especially given Priv's far better and larger display, OIS for 1080p60 and 4K video and the fact that it's a slider, which in my book is a huge advantage. Why waste space on the front of the phone when you can hide the keyboard and slide it open when you need it?

If I were buying a new phone now, I'd only compare them because of KEYone's battery life. And only if they were the same price, maybe even only if KEYone was actually somewhat cheaper, would I really consider it. Priv gets me through most days till bedtime and a powerbank is 10-20 $ so even that's not that much of an advantage. Half the planet uses 4.7" iPhones which have way worse battery life than Priv and very few complain about it. Before anyone jumps at me, I used a 5000 mAh phone which could last 2-3 days/approx. 10 h SOT easily before Priv so it's not like I don't know what good battery life feels like.

But this all is just my opinion and my preferences.

Btw, wouldn't it be easier for you if you asked all your questions in a single thread so you get all the answers in one place? Why open a new thread every day?
    05-25-17 02:51 AM
    I have no idea how do they manage to kill the performance that much... Privs score over 70000, and this is with no cache clearing, background apps closing, whatever; just installed and ran. They're obviously doing something very wrong.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (23 Apr 2017 10_25_44).jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	423860

Name:	IMG_20170423_110626.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	423861

In reality, anything with a score of 50+ k can run day-to-day tasks with very good and comparable speed.
    But nvm... Even if KEYone was twice the Priv's speed, which it isn't, it wouldn't be worth nowhere near double or triple, the price. Especially given Priv's far better and larger display, OIS for 1080p60 and 4K video and the fact that it's a slider, which in my book is a huge advantage. Why waste space on the front of the phone when you can hide the keyboard and slide it open when you need it?

If I were buying a new phone now, I'd only compare them because of KEYone's battery life. And only if they were the same price, maybe even only if KEYone was actually somewhat cheaper, would I really consider it. Priv gets me through most days till bedtime and a powerbank is 10-20 $ so even that's not that much of an advantage. Half the planet uses 4.7" iPhones which have way worse battery life than Priv and very few complain about it. Before anyone jumps at me, I used a 5000 mAh phone which could last 2-3 days/approx. 10 h SOT easily before Priv so it's not like I don't know what good battery life feels like.

Btw, wouldn't it be easier for you if you asked all your questions in a single thread so you get all the answers in one place? Why open a new thread every day?
    True that... I wont open new threads each day...

Can the priv take a day of typing out 10 page assignments on word... 1hour or less of social networking... 10 mins of clash of clans and a few pictures if I turn mobile data off when not needed.

Also is that antutu benchmark... my old z ultra has a score of 33000 on antutu and its blazing fast... faster than all the iphones I have used so far.

5s
    6s

This is probably due to their slow animations.

So a 70000 score on antutu must mean twice as fast as my z ultra

Damn priv is fast... just dont know about android N and also android O which the nexus 6p will definitely get

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 06:10 AM
    True that... I wont open new threads each day...

Can the priv take a day of typing out 10 page assignments on word... 1hour or less of social networking... 10 mins of clash of clans and a few pictures if I turn mobile data off when not needed.

Also is that antutu benchmark... my old z ultra has a score of 33000 on antutu and its blazing fast... faster than all the iphones I have used so far.

5s
    6s

This is probably due to their slow animations.

So a 70000 score on antutu must mean twice as fast as my z ultra

Damn priv is fast... just dont know about android N and also android O which the nexus 6p will definitely get

Posted via CB10
    Well, I guess it would mostly depend on how long does that typing take... The screen is (most of the time) what spends most of the battery. So just by reducing brightness you can save a lot, or if most of the screen is black as AMOLEDs spend less when what they display is darker.
    Also, WiFi generally spends less battery than mobile data, weak signal can also take a big toll etc... There's a lot of variables.
    In my case, I have anywhere between 3 and 6 h of screen on time, if that means anything to you, with 4 maybe being the average on a typical day.
    FWIW, according to GSMArena and Phone Arena, the Priv should have 20-30% better battery life than your Z Ultra...

Yes, that's Antutu. Well, in theory 70 k should mean twice as fast, but synthetic benchmark scores don't really translate linearly to real-world difference.

You should really try and find the phones you're interested in in a shop or something and try them out yourself before making a decision.
    05-25-17 06:56 AM

Name:	Screenshot (23 Apr 2017 10_25_44).jpg 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	423860

Name:	IMG_20170423_110626.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	423861

I guess that's because poor optimization on priv. Its SoC was a flagship class back then.
    05-25-17 08:21 AM
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Marshmallow to Nougat.

In theory, the Priv should be a better performer if it gets updated to Nougat.
    05-25-17 08:55 AM
    This is WHY the priv needs 7.0 update. KeyOne is as powerfull, if not less pwoerfull than the priv, yet, it's much quicker...

6.0 build on the priv sucks ****
    05-25-17 04:12 PM
    This is WHY the priv needs 7.0 update. KeyOne is as powerfull, if not less pwoerfull than the priv, yet, it's much quicker...

Bingo.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-25-17 04:16 PM

Blackberry is not friendly with updates
    05-25-17 04:28 PM
    I think they will update the priv but the problem here is that if they do that now... priv due to its quicker processor (you can see that priv benchmarks higher than keyone) will outperform the keyone and that is something that they dont want because it will adversely affect their sales of keyone... personally for me I am more worried about android O...nexus 6p is definitely gonna get it... I want priv to get that too since both are late 2015 flagships... but its not even on nougat and thats a bummer.

How many of you would have preferred it if priv had the same snapdragon 810 v2 processor like the 6p

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:56 PM
    Numbers don't mean jack. The OS differences alone make the KEYone a better performer than Priv but w/o the Priv being on Nougat it's a guessing game as to how, if they were actually comparable, Priv would perform.
    Priv does win in the space heater category
    newcollector likes this.
    05-25-17 09:59 PM
    Wow I didn't know keyone was soo good... in india the keyone is selling on ebay for around 64000₹ thats more than the iphone 7 product red which costs 58000₹, so now way I can buy a keyone without going broke... you know in india I can get a 150cc bike for lesser than keyone.

Posted via CB10
    Sure if you want to pay scalper prices
    05-25-17 10:00 PM
    Several here have made an assumption that Nougate performs better than Marshmallow. I know many here don't like to talk about benchmarks....... But in most cases the same hardware set does "score" higher on Marshmallow.
    05-26-17 07:18 AM
    Why is nexus 6p getting marshmallow but priv isnt? Do u think mayne BlackBerry will provide 3 years support instead of 2.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 10:01 AM
    One thing's for sure, I hope I never have to deal with heat issues that result in missed opportunities.
    This from Disney World in Orlando:

Priv better in performance than keyone?-90126.jpg

Yeah...you're not high on LSD; the banner should be a perfect rectangle.
    05-26-17 12:29 PM
    Why is nexus 6p getting marshmallow but priv isnt? Do u think mayne BlackBerry will provide 3 years support instead of 2.

Posted via CB10
    You mean nougat? Even 2014 nexus 6 received nougat so nexus 6p will likely to receive android O as well.
    05-26-17 01:04 PM
    I think they will update the priv but the problem here is that if they do that now... priv due to its quicker processor (you can see that priv benchmarks higher than keyone) will outperform the keyone and that is something that they dont want because it will adversely affect their sales of keyone... personally for me I am more worried about android O...nexus 6p is definitely gonna get it... I want priv to get that too since both are late 2015 flagships... but its not even on nougat and thats a bummer.

How many of you would have preferred it if priv had the same snapdragon 810 v2 processor like the 6p

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same thing about Priv/DTEK 60 not being updated because it may affect Keyone sales. Keep the older phones inferior so the incentive would be to upgrade to the latest phone with the current OS. This is a business. That is why I will wait to see the options of BB phones before the end of the year. Remember when the DTEK 50 came out and 2 months later the DTEK 60 came out and folks on CB was like: " I wish I would have known the 60 was coming with the higher specs I would not have purchased the 50." Rumor of two more phones before 2018 that will not be reference designs from TCL but phones that are built exclusively for BB. May be a true Z30 successor coming...
    05-26-17 06:57 PM