I get that the Keyone has a faster CPU and some other newer Tech, But that is the only thing its got going for it. In every other way the Priv is superior. Im sorry but i just dont see why everyone seems to be keyone mad... If i had both in my hand i would choose the priv every single time.

Dual Keyboard
    Better back Cam
    Larger Display

These are things that make the phone unique, not to mention for majority of people the number 1 factor when choosing a phone is a good and big display, second is camera, both superior in the Priv.

I get that there is hardcore users dedicated to wanting a physical keyboard, but it certainly wont be majority of people out there, and most people arent Tech savy so they wont look at CPU and Ram and such things, they will put the phone in their hand and feel it and be wow'd by the LCD and dual keyboard. I dont see Keyone out selling the priv anytime soon.

As for the newer Tech, the current tech in priv is still holding up well with new apps, in this day and age the tech moves a lot faster than the software does, even phones 4 and 5 years old still perform well with current software. 3GB ram, Hex core CPU is plenty and will be plenty for quite some time, many people dont care about having the highest fps, as long as the game plays without issues or the app runs smoothly. I have yet to find software that the priv cant run.

I would like to see a Priv 2, now that would be on my list to get

What do you guys think ?
    06-04-17 12:22 PM
    I get that the Keyone has a faster CPU and some other newer Tech, But that is the only thing its got going for it. In every other way the Priv is superior. Im sorry but i just dont see why everyone seems to be keyone mad... If i had both in my hand i would choose the priv every single time.

Dual Keyboard
    Better back Cam
    Larger Display

These are things that make the phone unique, not to mention for majority of people the number 1 factor when choosing a phone is a good and big display, second is camera, both superior in the Priv.

I get that there is hardcore users dedicated to wanting a physical keyboard, but it certainly wont be majority of people out there, and most people arent Tech savy so they wont look at CPU and Ram and such things, they will put the phone in their hand and feel it and be wow'd by the LCD and dual keyboard. I dont see Keyone out selling the priv anytime soon.

As for the newer Tech, the current tech in priv is still holding up well with new apps, in this day and age the tech moves a lot faster than the software does, even phones 4 and 5 years old still perform well with current software. 3GB ram, Hex core CPU is plenty and will be plenty for quite some time, many people dont care about having the highest fps, as long as the game plays without issues or the app runs smoothly. I have yet to find software that the priv cant run.

What do you guys think ?
    Except the PRIV is being shafted by BlackBerry and might not get nougat, android o or any love like the KEYone is getting.
    06-04-17 12:36 PM
    Except the PRIV is being shafted by BlackBerry and might not get nougat, android o or any love like the KEYone is getting.
    That is what i dont understand. the ONLY thing i see working against the priv is older hardware and some tweaks that could have made it King. why they don't make a newer version addressing old problems and updating hardware and better front cam, it is sure to be a Winner... but who knows what blackberry is thinking, their choices in the last few years is what lost them the crown, hope they dont continue to make such bad decisions, They clearly want to build a variety for users to choose from which is fine, but they should not let a design such as the priv fade into darkness, that will be a very bad thing for them...

Put in better cam, tweak the os, give it a better hub, upgrade battery, better CPU, upgrade ram to 4GB, give it a better GPU, Nougat, maybe slimmer phone, shave off a few mm... and it surely will be King ! The Priv could really be its new flagship phone, while still offering other models as well. To give SO MUCH attention to keyone ( priv never got this kind of attention ) is in my opinion a bad thing, it will give the impression that blackberry strongly believes in physical keyboards and when people think BB thats what will come to mind, and im sorry but physical keyboard are now a thing of the past, yes its nice to have as an extra, but not as the only keyboard. most people prefer touch now, the world has evolved.
    06-04-17 12:45 PM
    PRIV was my idea of a dream phone when it came out. I needed an android for certain apps for our business and wanted (make that needed) a pkb. The rumors before release said it would have a 4mp selfie camera which at the time would have been a boost, whereas the 2mp one was a bit of a letdown (I am not much of a selfie person so that was not an issue for me). The main camera on the PRIV is a very good camera, and improved with software updates. I have really enjoyed using it. The PRIV struggled in other ways with early software issues which were rectified with updates. MM also really improved it. The PRIV also struggled because it was the first BlackBerry android device and many people on BB10 were disappointed, and vented on CB (understandable that they were disappointed, but people researching the PRIV may have been turned off by them). PRIV didn't get the promotion the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is getting. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is also reaping the benefits of the software improvements that took place on the PRIV. I am very happy that BlackBerry found a way, through licensing, to continue to provide pkb phones. I am looking forward to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. That said, I really hope that an upgraded flagship PRIV is in the future.
    Mirko935, mookieson, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    06-04-17 02:43 PM
    I currently have Q10 for more than 2 years. Ordered a Priv recently. I would buy K1 but in my country (Russia) it costs almost $800. 800 damn it!!!
    The main reason for me to leave bb10 is WhatsApp which is going to vanish till the end of month. I use it a lot for work. Priv for its $300 is a good bargain.

Posted via CB10
    ollyberry likes this.
    06-04-17 03:02 PM
    I currently have Q10 for more than 2 years. Ordered a Priv recently. I would buy K1 but in my country (Russia) it costs almost $800. 800 damn it!!!
    The main reason for me to leave bb10 is WhatsApp which is going to vanish till the end of month. I use it a lot for work. Priv for its $300 is a good bargain.

Posted via CB10
    There is in CB a turnaround that seems to be working for many people. Give it a look!!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 04:23 PM
    I upgraded from a Q10 to a Priv last January, before the KeyOne was announced.
    I HAD to have a physical keyboard. I had not found a virtual KB that I could use reliably.

I loved that phys KB, but guess what......
    I haven't used the phys KB in over 3 months except once or twice.
    The Priv virtual KB is THAT GOOD. Best I've tried hands-down.
    Far better than my wife's Nexus 6, which is pretty good.

And the word prediction is icing on the cake. Not quite as good as the Q10 was, but OK.

In retrospect, had I played with a DTEK60 before the upgrade I should have got that instead of the Priv.
    ollyberry likes this.
    06-04-17 05:11 PM
    just like to point out that the K1 has a much better camera than the Priv unless you are one of those that think bigger MPs must mean its better. I will take the battery life that is almost double the Priv with the K1 as well
    thekidshop likes this.
    06-04-17 05:19 PM
    Have both.
    In a nutshell: PRIV has better screen, better scroll and flick on pkb (but not better pkb if that makes sense) and some innards that appear better on paper. PRIV, despite premium designation, feels cheaper and that spongy back didn't lend itself to premium in any respect. Almost a year later and PRIV still gets hot at times. Although, I will say that I never had the same problems with quality that others have mentioned i.e. loose keyboard tray and poor battery performance. Mine is fine there. Moving from BB10 to android was a big learning curve for me. Android isn't hard, it's just the familiar was no longer there.

KEYone is spec-ed out a bit better in terms of balance and performance has been great for me. Some page loading hiccups on day one have almost all disappeared . Battery life is fantastic. PKB is better, flick and scroll notwithstanding, but am getting used to that too. Going from PRIV to K1 will feel smaller. It just will. I'm not a shutterbug so we'll see about cameras. Pictures taken with Z30, PRIV and K1 all look fine to me for my needs. Didn't use priv's swipe up so don't miss it. I customized my K1 a fair amount now that I'm used to android) so I like it much better. Waking up with fingerprint is awesome.

As mentioned above, I think K1 will get more love (support) and the software will improve. I think PRIV will be left behind.

The car analogy is the best thing I've read so far in terms of deciding what is 'best'. I just hope they don't come out with a K3 (remember Z10 and Z30? Haha) in six months' time and make me look like a sucker. Because I'll probably get it. z30 was better than Z10. It just was . My opinions only...
    Phil Spass and Nakia Johnson1 like this.
    06-04-17 05:20 PM
    I just moved from a PRIV to KEYone and the KEYone is a much better device. It's much faster overall and the battery life is twice as good. I only have to charge overnight for the KEYone and never have to worry about running out of power.

Also, I find the screen to be better. So much better outdoors and in sunlight.
    06-04-17 10:06 PM
    Have both.
    In a nutshell: PRIV has better screen, better scroll and flick on pkb (but not better pkb if that makes sense) and some innards that appear better on paper. PRIV, despite premium designation, feels cheaper and that spongy back didn't lend itself to premium in any respect. Almost a year later and PRIV still gets hot at times. Although, I will say that I never had the same problems with quality that others have mentioned i.e. loose keyboard tray and poor battery performance. Mine is fine there....
    Same for me here. I have a second-hand PRIV and a brand new KEYone. - have been expecting something like K1 for years, while keeping alive Motorola Droid pro, because I love candy bar form factor with physical qwerty keyboard.

In the meantime, I need a phone for work on which I could rely, so I got the PRIV, and it does its job very well without problems (some on GPS lately).

But I have to say, K1 is not so "cool" as the PRIV when you look at it and also the ergonomics are not so good. And PRIV stands in your hand much better than K1, thanks to the thinner edges and the rubber on the back. The aluminum frame makes it slip out of your hand and also the rubber on the back gives me an insufficient grip. Technically I think the issue is with dimensions: a candy bar phone with PKB should be smaller to be really comfortable (as "old" BBs were), but I'm not an ergonomic at all.

These are the two major drawbacks of the K1 respect to the PRIV which is (but soon we will say was) a very good phone in my opinion.
    FF22 and ollyberry like this.
    06-07-17 01:10 AM
    I wouldn't say Priv is better choice than K1. That mostly depends on what you expect from your phone. I'm on the way to take Priv. My Q10 is old and have some issues.
    I want a vkb+pkb. It is not always comfortable to type on pkb, especially one-handed. So vkb is a good solution imo.
    Also giving a new bend test, K1 has some major assembly issues. And that is serious.

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 and Bay 13 like this.
    06-08-17 03:14 PM

Dual Keyboard
    Better back Cam
    Larger Display

What do you guys think ?
    I was torn about "upgrading" but I think you're right. The dual keyboard has already come in handy. If I just have a quick reply or something I use the onscreen one and save time. When it comes to longer emails and such, pop open the keyboard and done.

On funny my wife already was saying I was crazy giving up a beautiful phone for a smaller screen.
    kariekas likes this.
    06-08-17 08:22 PM
    I do not like to hunt and pick on a onscreen keyboard ever since my first Palm Treo 650. I love my PRIV. I would buy a PRIV 2 if Blackberry ever comes out with it. The PRIV is really best of both worlds. Beautiful screen and a keyboard that could be tucked away. I am retired old guy and my eye sight is not as good as before. Bright and Big screen is a must. I found using the PRIV to navigate is easier than the GPS on my car. I could send the maps from the computer to the phone or simply talk to the phone while in the car. OK Google works great. Using it as a GPS, the bigger and brighter the screen is better.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    06-08-17 09:30 PM
    Have been using the PRIV since November and have no desire to switch to K1. Still use the Passport for reading and CB as I like the bigger screen. Can't imagine going smaller now. Took a while to get used to Android but now that I have found the right apps to replace some of the default 10 ones missing in Marshmallow don't mind it so much. If PRIV does not get Nougat, not sure if my next phone will be a .

Will NOT be a K1 in any case.

Passport all the way
    06-08-17 10:19 PM

Dual Keyboard
    Better back Cam
    Larger Display

What do you guys think ?
    Ioved my Priv. Absolutely loving my KeyOne. Lighter, bigger battery. Thought I would miss the bigger screen but I'm still watching videos and reading magazines on the KeyOne
    miafrato likes this.
    06-08-17 10:39 PM
    Liked my PRIV a lot. Just like the KEYone more. a big part of that is build quality. the KEYone just feels like a well built unit. My PRIV squeaked and creaked a lot.

The camera in the KEYone is better too. The performance and battery life are way better and it doesn't get uncomfortably hot like the PRIV. The KEYone keyboard is miles better as well.

The screen on the PRIV was amazing however. I miss that. Also I think the slider design has merit.
    06-08-17 11:44 PM
    Which is better is determined by how each phone meets your needs and or expectations. There are definitely positives for each one. K1 has Nougat and great battery life and the fingerprint sensor and a nice pkb. It has an Oled screen which tends to be easier to see bright sunlight.

The Priv has a larger and Amoled screen so colors are more vivid and for those that like dark themes, can be a Battery saver. It has a great vkb and a good pkb. Because it is a slider, moving parts means there can be some clicks and creaks.

For me the Priv fits the bill, but the K1 is a great phone as well. But if the Priv gets Nougat, I will stay on the Priv until next year. I would love to see how it optimizes the battery and how efficient a split screen could be.
    ChainPunch likes this.
    06-09-17 09:06 AM
    I like the form factor of the Priv, but I wouldn't count on a Priv 2. The slider form factor is expensive to design, expensive to manufacture and has a niche customer base. It doesn't make much sense from an economical perspective.
    06-09-17 07:51 PM
    I like the form factor of the Priv, but I wouldn't count on a Priv 2. The slider form factor is expensive to design, expensive to manufacture and has a niche customer base. It doesn't make much sense from an economical perspective.
    Sadly, it does look that the Priv will be the first and last of its kind as far as BlackBerry android handsets go. I would love to see a Priv 2. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

I'll probably end up getting the KeyOne some time next year when its price hopefully goes substantially down. I just cannot go back to vkb slabs after my Priv experience since late last year.
    06-12-17 10:39 AM
    Gotta say, battery life on my Priv has been outstanding, with light use I can go 3 days
    06-12-17 12:01 PM
    I seriously believe that the assembly issues have been blown out of proportion, much like the issues you used to hear about with the Priv.... I can't say I've encountered any of them.
    06-12-17 12:07 PM
    I seriously believe that the assembly issues have been blown out of proportion, much like the issues you used to hear about with the Priv.... I can't say I've encountered any of them.
    Well yeah, you no longer hear about Priv issues because they're old news. I still have a Priv and it had lots of issues. Well, it still does but I got used to the defects. I don't think they're blown out of proportion at all. Both the Priv and the K1 are expensive so they should be top notch, and truth is, they aren't.
    06-12-17 01:34 PM
    Have to disagree, this Priv beats the cr@p out of any other phone I've ever owned. Maybe I got lucky? Either way, I love this thing
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-17 11:55 PM
    I just saw the YouTube video of Jerry Rigs Everything about the BlackBerry KeyOne.

Man I was like.. Damn.. the monitor screen felt apart and after that it was damaged completely.

I made the right choice to buy the BlackBerry Priv instead.

If you compare two rig YouTube video's of Jerry's between two BlackBerry-Google devices. The Priv is way more protected , unbreakable and shielded then the KeyOne.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10258967) likes this.
    06-13-17 03:46 AM
34 12