The lack of a decent ad campaign for this new product to come out in the immediate future and for which is speculated by many tech and financial pundits to be BlackBerry's last kick at the can for re-assertion as a dominant mobile player, tells me that BlackBerry still hasn't learned what an proper advertisement is and why they matter.

How old is BlackBerry 10 now? I STILL have people asking me about my Z30 and who are completely amazed that it is a BlackBerry and that the OS looks the way it does. They have never heard of it and thought that BlackBerry was still shipping older phones only.

I have never seen a BlackBerry 10 advert nor a Passport, Z30, Q10 or Z10 ad. Do they even exist?

BlackBerry can create the world's greatest device but if no one knows about it, it just doesn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:54 PM
    I compare BlackBerry to rolls royce and Bentley. you don't see those car manufacturers advertising right, but everyone else has to.

Posted via CB10
    I use too as well UNTIL they created a Blackberry phone with an Android OS. It's like putting a VW engine in a Rolls Royce.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-02-15 10:59 PM
    Was
    What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10
    Sadly people are not too interested in security otherwise Android would have been kicked to the kerb long ago. .
    Productivity? Nah. Why be productive when there is Crossy Road?
    And the much loved keyboard ? The masses say "Nah"
    10-03-15 02:22 AM
    Was

Sadly people are not too interested in security otherwise Android would have been kicked to the kerb long ago. .
    Productivity? Nah. Why be productive when there is Crossy Road?
    And the much loved keyboard ? The masses say "Nah"
    LOL. The "masses don't care about security" trope.

Yes, they do.
    10-03-15 08:15 AM
    What's a Priv?
    10-03-15 08:36 AM
    With a closer relationship with retailers I think the Priv can at least be a bigger hit then the Passport and other devices. Hope they will put it on display and have demo unit in stores.

And the Enterprise market will probably love the Android OS and slider keys! A lot of people have missed these features!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:57 AM
    What's a Priv?
    The Venice device as it was called earlier.
    (Slider)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:58 AM
    The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible.

Still no official release date.

While LG comes outta the woodworks with this:

Imagine if BBRY made a commercial like that for this Priv device?

Come on Berry, step your enthusiasm and game up

THIS IS AWESOME - makes me wish BB had a good marketing team
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-03-15 10:06 AM
    Last LEAP video - they're on the right track

Joao Oliveira and Ealaionta like this.
    10-03-15 10:11 AM
    If they can plug movies 18 months prior to release, they can sure as 5H1T do it with a phone 6 weeks prior to launch. For God's sake BlackBerry, pull your finger out!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-03-15 10:21 AM
    Now I want an LG and a more square jawline
    10-03-15 10:48 AM
    I'm pretty much convinced John Chen does not care how well the Priv does. If he did, he would have gone much more prepared to that horrible interview he did with his awful demo of the Priv. He also would have demanded more marketing and promotion of the device. He did neither.

He is distracted by only focusing on software. Not a bad thing, but you've also got phones to sell, don't forget.

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta likes this.
    10-03-15 11:50 AM
    And an SD-Card.
    I was going to put that in, after the fact in addition to more memory
    10-03-15 11:53 AM
    There must be an arm of the Canadian government that oversees managerial behavior of public held corporations. In the USA this is the SEC & one cannot deep six a company to the stockholder detriment & stay out of jail.

I'm pretty much convinced John Chen does not care how well the Priv does. If he did, he would have gone much more prepared to that horrible interview he did with his awful demo of the Priv. He also would have demanded more marketing and promotion of the device. He did neither.

He is distracted by only focusing on software. Not a bad thing, but you've also got phones to sell, don't forget.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:55 AM
    I don't think the current Canadian government cares, to be honest. They would only care if the company were to be sold to the Chinese.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:57 AM
    This is what happens sometimes when specs of a device are leaked almost a year in advance though. It puts ideas in the competitors heads to build something that will surpass that. Something that sounded so appealing when first leaked no longer becomes the latest and greatest or most talked about. As we all know this is not something that happens only with cell phones or electronic devices.

But here it is October and we don't even have an official release date yet. It seems as if other cell phones that are leaked are released very soon after the fact and not months and months later. The hype begins to die down when something has been played up and talked about so long with no results or release date
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-03-15 12:00 PM
    This is what happens sometimes when specs of a device are leaked almost a year in advance though. It puts ideas in the competitors heads to build something that will surpass that. Something that sounded so appealing when first leaked no longer becomes the latest and greatest or most talked about. As we all know this is not something that happens only with cell phones or electronic devices.

But here it is October and we don't even have an official release date yet. It seems as if other cell phones that are leaked are released very soon after the fact and not months and months later. The hype begins to die down when something has been played up and talked about so long with no results or release date
    Good point! I think though this speaks to the fact that BlackBerry is so extremely focused on software that they thought "let's put together an Android phone, and if it does not work, so be it. We still have software".

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    10-03-15 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Software is not even 1/2 of what he's focused on... There's Disney, Wells Fargo, the CFR and Committee of 100... Even the SF Symphony... Plus several other varying side endeavors... BlackBerry is just a pit stop in his day...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 10-03-15 at 05:37 PM.
    punbb likes this.
    10-03-15 12:10 PM
    It's not released yet. Barely even officially announced as being a real product.

Did you expect BlackBerry to release a commercial of the leaks??? :lol:.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    just a commercial period, smarty. but they never do. so what do you expect exactly?
    10-03-15 02:52 PM
    I use too as well UNTIL they created a Blackberry phone with an Android OS. It's like putting a VW engine in a Rolls Royce.
    i do not like car analogies but this one fits.
    acovey likes this.
    10-03-15 02:54 PM
    What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10
    And if you don't advertise that stuff most people won't even know about it. I still partly blame a lack of commercials and advertisement for the failure of BB10. Maybe failure is too harsh a word, but it sure as hell didn't do as well as it should have. It's an amazing OS and with proper app support it would be the best OS out.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    MikeX74 likes this.
    10-03-15 04:54 PM
    As I have said in many of my post, the price is going to dictate whether I and/or several of my friends will buy the Priv.

If those folks up there in Waterloo use that space between their ears wisely and price the device to sell, I am all in. Now it's a waiting game.
    Unfortunately the marketing mavens within the hallowed halls of BlackBerry HQ will price the BlackBerry Priv well beyond a reasonable off-contract price point. BlackBerry needs mindshare above all else at this time. Yet I expect another lacklustre release as the competition leap frogs BlackBerry's DingleBerry.
    10-03-15 05:04 PM
    If the product is not available to sell, why would they do any marketing. Get serious. The V10 is about to be released so therefore yah they are going to the market it.. The Priv is still 1-1/2 months away from release. So when it's launched it will be ready to go with adds, and marketing., and carriers support. The best approach is to slowly leak images and info to keep people intrigued., Then on launch day go all out. As some people have mentioned, price will be crucial. Nothing is more of a let down, than a lot of hype, and glitzy commercials, then they say $2000 please. It seem to me that there are some people that should be banned from this site. The new Priv is not yet released, no one has tried one, and already they are bashing it. Also It's not the average persons job to do the marketing, leave it up to the company. If you don't like the phone even though you haven't tried it yet then don't buy it, and go to some other site to spew your BS. If you think that your entitled to opinion, yes you are, but the problem is that all these trolls criticizing is making this site not very pleasant any more.
    10-03-15 05:17 PM
    There's been no marketing of any BB10 phone. Not bashing the Priv - in fact I want one. I'm bashing BlackBerry because they refuse to do any marketing.

I kind of hope BlackBerry goes bust so I can get a deep discount on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 05:57 PM
    If the product is not available to sell, why would they do any marketing.
    Pre-Orders, duh !!
    10-03-15 06:01 PM
107 12345