So where did you find the price of 800$? Did Blackberry tell you?

Posted via CB10
    I was using $800 as an example - if you read all the threads, you will see that $699 is the price most people believe will be the price.

So - whether it is $600 or $700 or $800 - my point was it is too expensive a device to purchase and end up not being a long term useable device.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    10-07-15 01:36 AM
    It won't fail. I'm pretty sure it will sell lots. Doesn't mean I personally wouldn't rather see it with BlackBerry 10. It's just that there are a lot of people who are going to return to BlackBerry because of this Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:36 AM
    It won't fail. I'm pretty sure it will sell lots. Doesn't mean I personally wouldn't rather see it with BlackBerry 10. It's just that there are a lot of people who are going to return to BlackBerry because of this Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Yerp, that's for sure. A pink one would be a babe magnet too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-07-15 05:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    It will if they be an ***** about pricing and price it along with the iPhone.
    10-07-15 05:53 AM
    This app thing needs to die out. Why are apps more popular than Web? With mobile Internet speeds and availability as it is today there is less need to have installed apps. In the beginning it was to allow a faster and more polished experience over Web. now it's a backwards fad that won't die because it's so profitable. Certain things are better as apps such as games social message tools, but there is no reason for banks and insurance companies to use apps.
    I agree with this when it comes to web-based services such as social networking, banking and the like. More and more I find that the mobile versions of the website are as good or better than the standalone app. Plus, they have the advantage of constantly being updated without any action from me as compared to an app that I need to manage. One example is the LinkedIn mobile site. I find it to be fantastic as compared to the app and there is little that I cannot accomplish on it. So if this is the case, why even install an app?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 07:14 AM
    I agree with this when it comes to web-based services such as social networking, banking and the like. More and more I find that the mobile versions of the website are as good or better than the standalone app. Plus, they have the advantage of constantly being updated without any action from me as compared to an app that I need to manage. One example is the LinkedIn mobile site. I find it to be fantastic as compared to the app and there is little that I cannot accomplish on it. So if this is the case, why even install an app?

Posted via CB10
    Some advanced functions, e.g. wearables integration, NFC all require system level APIs. If you're comparing crappy apps that are just a wrapper for the mobile website (e.g. most BlackBerry World apps), those aren't the apps people want.

Companies do what the market demands to survive, and that's why BlackBerry and Palm are where they are right now. Just like all those damn crossovers the auto makers keep building. They're cramped hatchbacks with lifted suspension and isn't really useful for anything, but that's what the markets want, so they build them.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-07-15 07:23 AM
    That's a good point about the integrations like NFC. Still for sites that don't need that, I'll stick with the mobile web page whenever reasonable. Just less management on my part.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-07-15 07:36 AM
107 ... 345