What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10
    I'm not going to comment on security or the strength of the keyboard, but the idea that you can't be productive on non-BlackBerry devices is a myth. Yeah, I said it, a myth.
    JRF_1986 and thinkinfinity like this.
    10-02-15 01:09 PM
    Security, a myth. Productivity, comes from the end user, not the phone. KA KB, the HP Pre3 had a way better keyboard. Too many empty claims; too few customers.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-02-15 01:21 PM
    I compare BlackBerry to rolls royce and Bentley. you don't see those car manufacturers advertising right, but everyone else has to.

Posted via CB10
    Except that RR and Bentley are successful businesses with products that everyone is drooling over but can't afford, they don't worry about staying relevant
    10-02-15 03:49 PM
    I compare BlackBerry to rolls royce and Bentley. you don't see those car manufacturers advertising right, but everyone else has to.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I hope you aren't serious...

vs

10-02-15 04:34 PM
    I think OP just convinced me to buy the V10.
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-02-15 04:39 PM
    Man that video is cool!
    10-02-15 05:09 PM

I was really hoping to never see that Super Bowl commercial again. (SMH)
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-02-15 05:13 PM
    Man that video is cool!
    Yeah, Bentley is cool...
    10-02-15 05:14 PM
    I was really hoping to never see that Super Bowl commercial again. (SMH)
    Though slick & likely pricey, the thing is so insipid showing absolutely nothing about what a BlackBerry phone does at all...what a waste !!
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-02-15 05:30 PM
    The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible.

Still no official release date.

While LG comes outta the woodworks with this:

Imagine if BBRY made a commercial like that for this Priv device?

Come on Berry, step your enthusiasm and game up
    You left out the "we suck at privacy so buy our privacy phone" and "apple is mocking google for lack of privacy and our new phone 'runs google'."

Come on, if you want to criticize the suckage, don't leave stuff out!

but that LG video: jebus those are the whitest white people I've seen in a while. And I'm white! My partner has SWEDISH ancestry!
    10-02-15 05:39 PM
    My god the phone hasn't even officially been launched yet. Just calm down, everyone so dramatic around here
    MO3iusONE and wincyUt like this.
    10-02-15 05:58 PM
    Really BlackBerry does not expect to sell any PRIVs as evidenced by the absence of a pre-order sales link... iPhone sells gazillion via pre-order... there won't be long lines at the BlackBerry stores worldwide waiting all night to get a Priv... Oh, wait...BlackBerry doesn't have any retail outlets to line up in front... oops!!
    Lol!! Why are you jumping to hasty conclusions? Did BlackBerry tell you that final product is ready? Pre-order what? Btw, I will be buying 2 Privs. Maybe we should all calm down a bit.
    10-02-15 06:14 PM
    Give it some time...I don't have the highest hopes for the marketing campaign because of BlackBerry's past marketing. I would like to see what happens after the device is officially announced for US Carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:20 PM
    Security, a myth. Productivity, comes from the end user, not the phone. KA KB, the HP Pre3 had a way better keyboard. Too many empty claims; too few customers.
    The Pre3 would have had a good chance as it was VERY nice hardware and software OS was mature... sure app gap, but HP was doing a lot more to solve that organically than BlackBerry --- then... SAP originated new CEO... and poof! Chen is just doing the same only slowly.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:22 PM
    The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible.

Still no official release date.

While LG comes outta the woodworks with this:

Imagine if BBRY made a commercial like that for this Priv device?

Come on Berry, step your enthusiasm and game up
    This ad is very well done, and a lot of work went into it. BlackBerry could definitely take a leaf out of LG's book when it comes to marketing the new Priv.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    10-02-15 06:23 PM
    I don't think Priv is being set up to fail. Nor do I think the company is trying for a 'Hail Mary pass'. I think what they might be after is seeing whether the Priv succeeds and gives them more traction in the handset part of the business.

With a view of course, to ultimately deciding whether to get out of the handset business or not, stay with BB10 alone, market both BB10 devices and Androids, or just go with Android alone.

I hope they don't give up on BB10; it is really an excellent OS, and I think it outperforms Android and iOS.
    10-02-15 07:18 PM
    "Lonely" and "arrogant"... #Murica

Which is precisely why that mess will out sell the PRIV right there... It appeals to the average consumer...

Posted via CB10
    There is not yet a jump into that market for BlackBerry at this stage and condition... even colder and morel lonely and arrogant and more push would not help, if they wanted - power into anything comes by steady progress!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 07:44 PM
    The Pre3 would have had a good chance as it was VERY nice hardware and software OS was mature... sure app gap, but HP was doing a lot more to solve that organically than BlackBerry --- then... SAP originated new CEO... and poof! Chen is just doing the same only slowly.

Posted via CB10
    Palm was bought by HP and HP with the new CEO coming from SAP, who did not buy Palm dumped it, he very soon later let backsdoorwise but Palm with webOS was killed, the absolutely best OS at that time! There is a big diff between BlackBerry and HP
    HP has never been able to any marking success into the smarthpone market!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 08:00 PM
    Give it some time...I don't have the highest hopes for the marketing campaign because of BlackBerry's past marketing. I would like to see what happens after the device is officially announced for US Carriers.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I guess I'm just wondering when the official release date will be released because on the website it says "Coming This Fall". Well Fall is October/November so a release date should be coming out very soon if the phone is supposedly coming out within the next 60 days
    10-02-15 08:16 PM
    Are we acting surprised that BB is failing at marketing now, particularly given that they need to?
    10-02-15 08:32 PM
    Are we acting surprised that BB is failing at marketing now, particularly given that they need to?
    The device hasn't been officially launched yet. That said once it is, they better step it up.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 08:36 PM
    V10 does have a removable battery though which is nice

Posted via CB10
    And an SD-Card.
    10-02-15 09:07 PM
    Another negative thread.
    Done
    10-02-15 09:23 PM
    What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10
    As it's NOT released your guessing about 1,2, and 3 and a lot of us don't want an Android phone.
    10-02-15 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately for WebOS Mark Hurd had to resign because of misconduct...he wanted WebOS.

I wish Palm had more money, their software team at the time was the best on par with Apple at the time. Now Duarte is VP of design for android.
    10-02-15 09:52 PM
107 1234 ...