The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible.

Still no official release date.

While LG comes outta the woodworks with this:

Imagine if BBRY made a commercial like that for this Priv device?

Come on Berry, step your enthusiasm and game up
    10-01-15 07:06 PM
    When has BlackBerry done great marketing in the past 3 or 4 years? The last one I remember was for the 8000 series!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    FalkirkEagle and anon(153966) like this.
    10-01-15 07:09 PM
    Marketing a new product is a huge determinant of that products success.

And we wonder why nobody even knows BBRY still exists
    MikeX74, thinkinfinity and extisis like this.
    10-01-15 07:15 PM
    That ad is pure consumer capitalist yuppie self-indulgent BS - i.e. it's great!
    10-01-15 07:22 PM
    The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible. the specs priv has and the specs other android has are far way behind in 1999 a.d. the company who adopts android to stay in market leaving their own OS what do u expect. im really sorry to say but this is the fact and that is the reality,. Wake up BB

Still no official release date.

While LG comes outta the woodworks with this:

Imagine if BBRY made a commercial like that for this Priv device?

Come on Berry, step your enthusiasm and game up
    10-01-15 07:27 PM
    The marketing on this device thus far is a complete failure. So far we've got like 3 official photos and a fumbling CEO presentation.. and everything else is pure speculation. Even the presentation for the Priv on the official website is horrible.... Still no official release date.
    The LG V10 is being released tomorrow. The Priv is still more than a month away from from release. Your comparison doesn't make a lot of sense.
    10-01-15 08:05 PM
    What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10
    10-01-15 08:11 PM
    It's not released yet. Barely even officially announced as being a real product.

Did you expect BlackBerry to release a commercial of the leaks??? :lol:.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-01-15 08:17 PM
    I like it but the music was too off. It was flashy but not professional grade..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 08:26 PM
    Nice looking phone but if it isn't going to be sold direct from LG & carry ALL bands like Moto X, & be filled with bloatware, & God knows how long it will take to receive updates.....
    Last edited by 6stringriffs; 10-01-15 at 09:07 PM.
    10-01-15 08:28 PM
    What does it matter if LG has a nice commercial? Blackberry has something every other platform doesn't

1. Security
    2. Productivity
    3. A Kick A** Keyboard

Everyone will know it's a BlackBerry, everyone knows it's Android. All you need is people to be curious and the rest will fall into place great products will sell themselves.

Z10

People were 'curious' about the Passport as well... Yet alas, not even near a top seller outside of the BlackBerry world... Also, bringing a keyboard to Android is not virgin territory... The masses tend to champion the glass slates these days and while I know there are PKB lovers out there that feel butthurt over Android's lack of options, I do not believe that the keyboard alone will be enough to make a dent in the market... It's not like it's something that hasn't ever been done before... Innovative for BlackBerry yes, but innovative in the large scope things? Not compared to what others are bringing... The hideous LG featured above, for example...

LG, personally to me, holds the sex appeal of a geriatric sea slug. The dual screen as presented pretty much an altered take on the edge display, not anything that amuses me, but it is unique and does advertise in the most compelling of ways... I mean, c'mon, they even pander to the masses by invoking the #Selfie wh0res out there with that double front cam action for wide range FFS... Hell, did you see the perfectly sculpted hair on the models in their ad? F@�# the phone... That alone will sell devices... Meanwhile, we have the impotent Priv ads packing a gentleman's slap at Apple and then lest we not forget Chen's riveting demo... I cringe when I envision what their actual pre-launch ads will look like, provided they even venture out into the mainstream with one at all...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 10-01-15 at 08:59 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-01-15 08:32 PM
    Thanks! I'm going to buy a V10!

Seriously though, if the PRIV only sells as well as one of the Sonys, it will sell better than any BlackBerry phone since Thorsten.
    JGoodard, FF22 and RigoMonster like this.
    10-01-15 08:32 PM
    Did not like the commercial at all

Lonely and arrogant, that's the msg to me - no urge to identify or buy at all here!

But the masses might follow...

The Priv will have to find it's consumers niches... that will not be the masses, me thinks

....But in longer range individualists and business people, who want the option of a pkb and privacy

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:05 PM
    People were 'curious' about the Passport as well... Yet alas, not even near a top seller outside of the BlackBerry world... Also, bringing a keyboard to Android is not virgin territory... The masses tend to champion the glass slates these days and while I know there are PKB lovers out there that feel butthurt over Android's lack of options, I do not believe that the keyboard alone will be enough to make a dent in the market... It's not like it's something that hasn't ever been done before... Innovative for BlackBerry yes, but innovative in the large scope things? Not compared to what others are bringing... The hideous LG featured above, for example...

LG, personally to me, holds the sex appeal of a geriatric sea slug. The dual screen as presented pretty much an altered take on the edge display, not anything that amuses me, but it is unique and does advertise in the most compelling of ways... I mean, c'mon, they even pander to the masses by invoking the #Selfie wh0res out there with that double front cam action for wide range FFS... Hell, did you see the perfectly sculpted hair on the models in their ad? F@�# the phone... That alone will sell devices... Meanwhile, we have the impotent Priv ads packing a gentleman's slap at Apple and then lest we not forget Chen's riveting demo... I cringe when I envision what their actual pre-launch ads will look like, provided they even venture out into the mainstream with one at all...

Posted via CB10
    Someone's very bitter......
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    10-01-15 09:09 PM
    Lonely and arrogant, that's the msg to me - no urge to identify or buy at all here!

But the masses might follow...
    "Lonely" and "arrogant"... #Murica

Which is precisely why that mess will out sell the PRIV right there... It appeals to the average consumer...

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-01-15 09:10 PM
    Someone's very bitter......
    That's not 'bitterness', that's reality...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:10 PM
    How many people are really interested to buy or are just interested out of curiosity.
    Who just want's to see how BB did the android part.
    For me a Note 4 would be a better buy.
    JGoodard and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-02-15 01:29 AM
    The reactions of some of the people here is the reason why BB10 has been a failure lol. The video is designed to be hip and precisely targets mainstream buyers and caters to their needs.
    10-02-15 04:09 AM
    As I have said in many of my post, the price is going to dictate whether I and/or several of my friends will buy the Priv.

If those folks up there in Waterloo use that space between their ears wisely and price the device to sell, I am all in. Now it's a waiting game.
    10-02-15 04:50 AM
    I think they are just not geared for hardware anymore. A bunch of software geeks...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 05:37 AM
    V10 does have a removable battery though which is nice

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 09:33 AM
    Really BlackBerry does not expect to sell any PRIVs as evidenced by the absence of a pre-order sales link... iPhone sells gazillion via pre-order... there won't be long lines at the BlackBerry stores worldwide waiting all night to get a Priv... Oh, wait...BlackBerry doesn't have any retail outlets to line up in front... oops!!
    10-02-15 09:56 AM
    That video looks great... Totally over the top, and that what makes it awesome.
    10-02-15 11:07 AM
    Really BlackBerry does not expect to sell any PRIVs as evidenced by the absence of a pre-order sales link... iPhone sells gazillion via pre-order... there won't be long lines at the BlackBerry stores worldwide waiting all night to get a Priv... Oh, wait...BlackBerry doesn't have any retail outlets to line up in front... oops!!
    I forgot they had announced the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:55 AM
    I compare BlackBerry to rolls royce and Bentley. you don't see those car manufacturers advertising right, but everyone else has to.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    10-02-15 12:54 PM
107 123 ...