I use Outlook.com and my Outlook desktop clients exclusively for syncing work contacts, tasks and and emails. How do the Outlook platforms work with Android and the Blackberry PRIV tweaks?

FYI, I'm coming from an ATT Passport and use Outlook.com so my desktop client and phone sync.
    01-24-17 11:28 AM
    I use Hotmail, basically the same thing, and everything syncs just fine on my Priv, just as it did before with my Q10 / Z10 / Classic. However I don't really use Tasks but flags set and clear with my email and the calendar syncs as well.
    01-24-17 12:16 PM
    Outlook works great on the Priv. I also came from an ATT Passport.
    Ecm likes this.
    01-24-17 12:19 PM
    Outlook works great on the Priv. I also came from an ATT Passport.
    I'll confirm that. I have Outlook.com accounts (free & paid) and Outlook 365 accounts on my Priv. All work great -- email, contacts, calendars, tasks. The Outlook app works very well, too.
    01-24-17 12:47 PM
    I use Outook.com on my PRIV and it works just fine. Although I'm on Verizon I suspect the carrier doesn't make a difference in this case.
    01-24-17 02:19 PM
    I have office 365, outlook.com, and an msn.com email in my hub and all works fine.
    01-24-17 03:47 PM
    Well, after finally setting everything up i must say I am quite impressed how much BB made Android feel somewhat like BB10 and not like the clunky Samsung OS. The HUB populates all of my messages and I like that I can use it to override all of the other usual Google apps e.g. Gmail app. My gmail accounts and Outlook.com sync flawlessly. I haven't made use of all of the calendar functionalities, so I can't be sure if I will get irked then, but everything on this phone seems to meld rather well. Battery life takes some getting use to, but can't be as bad as the Z10 use to be.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-17 11:19 AM
    Battery life isn't bad. I do disable apps I don't use and have turned off notifications for some social apps. That has helped as well. I have also gone to a Dark Theme whenever an app or my Nova Launcher allows.

After your contacts all populate and accounts all sync, your battery life will improve. And I totally agree with you, dillyyo, BlackBerry has done a great job of making android feel a lot like a BlackBerry. Their apps really make it nice.
    01-26-17 01:17 PM
    Battery life will normalize after a few days. From there you can tweak some of the settings further if something is sucking the life from your battery.

Also agree on BlackBerry version of android. I felt it was very easy to acclimate to. I'm sure there are things I still need to figure out and/or explore.
    01-27-17 12:27 AM
    Yes, battery doesn't seem to bad and just skewed because I've had a passport for the last year. Have been fighting the inevitable move to android because of my light experience with samsungs, but I'm glad I took the plunge now. Small things are silly but I'm sure as I get more proficient with the OS I will find work arounds. Anyone who is hesitant should just jump in and realize it's not all that bad even though it its bb10. FYI, my last phone that wasn't a blackberry was a Nokia bar phone. Lol
    01-27-17 07:52 PM
    Did AT&T send you a brand new Priv or is it refurbished? When I called for warranty replacement, they said they didn't have any new ones, finally they located one and it had a wobbly/clicky screen with visibly dusty speaker grill. They they offered me S6 Active, which I sent back immediately.
    01-28-17 12:49 AM
    Did AT&T send you a brand new Priv or is it refurbished? When I called for warranty replacement, they said they didn't have any new ones, finally they located one and it had a wobbly/clicky screen with visibly dusty speaker grill. They they offered me S6 Active, which I sent back immediately.
    Wasn't ATT, but rather Asurion. Seemed brand new.
    01-29-17 10:42 PM
    Bizarre. I contacted Asurion months ago about a warranty replacement for my ATT Priv and they had none. Local stores aren't even carrying in shop anymore.
    01-30-17 09:26 AM
    Bizarre. I contacted Asurion months ago about a warranty replacement for my ATT Priv and they had none. Local stores aren't even carrying in shop anymore.
    Same here, but what is Asurion? I have been dealing with AT&T.
    I think it's because yours is paid insurance and what I was getting is warranty replacement.
    02-05-17 12:35 AM