My wife and I have a Z10 and a Passport and are thinking of getting a friend a Priv. One of the reasons is to use BBM video. Does al of that work together? Thanks!

Posted from my freaking awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    02-20-16 11:04 AM
    No. BBM video isn't available on the Priv. It's only available on BB10 devices. That said, you can use Skype or Zoom for video chats.
    02-20-16 11:09 AM
    I can't wait for BlackBerry to bring video to the Android version of BBM. It will make my transition to the Priv more complete.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    02-20-16 11:11 AM
    Agreed. BBM Video is the Best. Don't want to download Skype. Don't want to download Google Hangouts.

I want my BBM Video!!!!
    tg1 likes this.
    02-20-16 12:44 PM
    I really don't see BBM remaining a consumer product for too long. I used to love it on BB10 but have switched to Hangouts which is also nicer in that you don't always have to run it from your phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-20-16 01:19 PM
    I can't wait for this too hopefully I'll still have bb10 contacts

02-20-16 02:29 PM
    I'm still mad that BlackBerry didn't expand on BBM, with Android (Priv), and even iOS. A shame really...
    tg1 likes this.
    02-20-16 06:03 PM
    I would also love to have the BBM video function on the Priv. I have used Facebook messenger video function as an alternative and it actually works pretty well over WiFi.
    tg1 likes this.
    02-20-16 06:20 PM
    I don't believe it is coming and sadly neither is blend. Chances are whatsapp will push it out and BlackBerry will have missed the boat. They should have went cross platform with video when they said they were over 2 years ago.

02-20-16 06:50 PM
    I'm still mad that BlackBerry didn't expand on BBM, with Android (Priv), and even iOS. A shame really...
    Maybe they don't have the infrastructure for this ....
    02-23-16 06:49 PM
    IMO this is Blackberrys biggest failure of all time. They should have launched BBM with voice and video right off the bat on all platforms including WP. All that wait and hype now all gone and sailed away. What a waist. They could of owned all messaging apps when they had the chance in the palm of their hands. Big fail. I wish they would have done this right. So much hype when they went cross platform now nothing.

02-23-16 07:27 PM
    It's hard to anticipate anything these days. I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry drops BBM completely. Although it is the best messaging service out there, BlackBerry just can't execute. Once WhatsApp launches video, it will be all over for BBM.

I find Skype to be the best all around messenger right now. Chat, video, phone calls, conferencing, etc.
    02-23-16 07:48 PM
    this one thing I want so bad, but I know that it will never happen.

BlackBerry has had so much time to develop this since x platform BBM. There still isn't a sign of it happening at all.

Will probably end up moving to hangouts.

02-23-16 07:57 PM
    What is annoying is that we know it is technically possible because BBM Meetings supported video cross platform.
    No BBM video is one of the reason I haven't switched to Priv yet. Even though I have one sitting in a box in my family room as of yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 08:07 PM
    What is annoying is that we know it is technically possible because BBM Meetings supported video cross platform.
    No BBM video is one of the reason I haven't switched to Priv yet. Even though I have one sitting in a box in my family room as of yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    I moved from a Passport to a Priv fully knowing that it didn't have BBM video. I assumed it would come, but am not so sure now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    OnyxFruit likes this.
    02-23-16 08:09 PM
    I can't wait for BlackBerry to bring video to the Android version of BBM. It will make my transition to the Priv more complete.

Posted via CB10
    do you know for sure that bbm video is coming to the priv ?
    02-24-16 12:16 AM