One feature I do love right now about BB10, is Blackberry Blend, which I use almost always.
    I am so hoping that this new BB Priv, will also have the ability to use Blend, as it would be a shame to lose that one awesome feature.
    bigpoppatlc likes this.
    09-26-15 05:21 PM
    BlackBerry Blend for Android is already in the Google Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.blend
    teoamador and bigpoppatlc like this.
    09-26-15 05:31 PM
    I don't think the OP is talking about the Blend client for android...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:46 PM
    In some screen shots the Blend app is visible in the app drawer for the Priv

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:11 PM
    Blackberry Experience Suite
    09-26-15 06:15 PM
    In some screen shots the Blend app is visible in the app drawer for the Priv

Posted via CB10

But has there been any indication if it will be included in the purchase of the phone or will you have to buy it separately?

If it will be a separate purchase I don't see much incentive to buy a BB branded device over one of the others.
    09-28-15 09:31 AM
    But has there been any indication if it will be included in the purchase of the phone or will you have to buy it separately?
    I don't know why it wouldn't be included, since it's a free download from the Google Play Store.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv and BB Blend-gps-blend-bes.jpg  
    09-28-15 09:37 AM
    I don't know why it wouldn't be included, since it's a free download from the Google Play Store.
    Blend in the Play Store functions like the desktop client. It is meant for tablets. You can then pair your phone and with your tablet in the same manner that you can pair your phone and your pc. Works the same way on an iPad and the blend app in the App Store.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:03 AM
    Blend in the Play Store functions like the desktop client. It is meant for tablets. You can then pair your phone and with your tablet in the same manner that you can pair your phone and your pc. Works the same way on an iPad and the blend app in the App Store.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    09-28-15 10:27 AM
    I'm sure at some point it will be available. Heck for Android you can use TeamViewer to remote control the phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...74436276944851
    09-28-15 12:14 PM
    And will back up be via Link or some other way?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 12:49 PM
    Is this not used so that a current BB can connect to a android tablet?

A current android user cannot use blend to connect his phone to another computer or tablet.
    xxslxx likes this.
    09-28-15 01:43 PM
    It is there but it says the device is not supported. So, it is not available.
    Hopefully it will be soon. I installed airdroid and it just is not the same.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-16-15 07:38 AM
    Please bring blend to the priv!
    11-20-15 06:58 PM
    Blend not available for the device.....no theme support (that I can find)....took away my peek a boo gesture from the Passport...not sure....I unfortunately have always carried two devices....most recently Passport and Note 5 so the Android switch was not so traumatic but some of the efficiencies of the blackberry menus which we had with the Passport and previous devices. Now I realize that the GearS2 does not fully function with the device :-( ...I am hopeful for many many updates for this device!
    teoamador likes this.
    11-24-15 04:05 PM
    whoever have blackberry priv can not use blanckberry blend,,,, not nice I need blackberry blend
    MPF94025 and Dragonfly73 like this.
    01-01-16 08:36 PM
    See if you can get Samsung sidesync, I find it works as good if not better than Blend. As soon as BB announced they were officially dumping BB10, I picked up a Samsung Note 5. There is alot about BB10 I miss but it the Note is still a great phone.
    01-15-16 09:06 AM
    See if you can get Samsung sidesync, I find it works as good if not better than Blend. As soon as BB announced they were officially dumping BB10, I picked up a Samsung Note 5. There is alot about BB10 I miss but it the Note is still a great phone.
    Sidesync is a good app. And one thing it has over Blend is phone calls. But Sidesync is more of a mirroring app. I haven't used the latest version of Sidesync but in the old version 3.0, it's more of a mirroring app. Which means what you see on your PC is a mirror image of the phone.

Blend on the other hand is different. I could be on the Hub on my Blend application on my Laptop while my kid is playing games on my phone. This also means that the Blend App can layout the screen better for my PC. This is evident in the Hub, Calendar, and even file manager. In Sidesync your layout is still exactly the same as the phone. But being a mirror of the phone it can do more as you basically have a remote view of your phone. Blend can also push notification to your desktop PC. For Sidesync, your notification is still on your mini-phone floating on your screen. This would mean, I could minimize Blend and continue my work on my PC and notifications would pop in my desktop PC when it comes in.

Depending on your use, you may find Sidesync to be more powerful. But for my needs, Blend is more appropriate.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-16 07:58 AM
    Sidesync is a good app. And one thing it has over Blend is phone calls. But Sidesync is more of a mirroring app. I haven't used the latest version of Sidesync but in the old version 3.0, it's more of a mirroring app. Which means what you see on your PC is a mirror image of the phone.

Blend on the other hand is different. I could be on the Hub on my Blend application on my Laptop while my kid is playing games on my phone. This also means that the Blend App can layout the screen better for my PC. This is evident in the Hub, Calendar, and even file manager. In Sidesync your layout is still exactly the same as the phone. But being a mirror of the phone it can do more as you basically have a remote view of your phone. Blend can also push notification to your desktop PC. For Sidesync, your notification is still on your mini-phone floating on your screen. This would mean, I could minimize Blend and continue my work on my PC and notifications would pop in my desktop PC when it comes in.

Depending on your use, you may find Sidesync to be more powerful. But for my needs, Blend is more appropriate.
    If I install Sidesync, can I use BBM on laptop for my Priv?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 10:55 PM
    When did BlackBerry announce they were officially dumping BB10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-21-16 11:12 PM
    If I install Sidesync, can I use BBM on laptop for my Priv?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will work on anything except a Samsung phone.

01-23-16 05:50 AM
    Not available from Play Store and APK from apkmirror won't install.

01-23-16 05:52 AM
    Blend not available for the device.....no theme support (that I can find)....took away my peek a boo gesture from the Passport...not sure....I unfortunately have always carried two devices....most recently Passport and Note 5 so the Android switch was not so traumatic but some of the efficiencies of the blackberry menus which we had with the Passport and previous devices. Now I realize that the GearS2 does not fully function with the device :-( ...I am hopeful for many many updates for this device!
    That Blend for Android is to manage BB10 devices from an Android device, not to have the same Blend functionality to an Android BlackBerry device....yet!

01-23-16 06:05 AM
    ???? Huh
    02-21-16 07:46 PM
    For those wanting something to work on your PC pushbullet does work on the Priv. It is nothing like blend but gives you a simple way to recieve and respond to notifications on any app installed on the priv. You can see conversations for sms but all other apps you only see the last reply and you can not initiate a message without having an unopened notification to first reply to. It's primitive but something better than nothing.

It also has ability to send files to your phone and back. not the same as the file browser on blend but again it's something.

If someone has found something else that works better please let me know. still looking for blend functionality! Even just something where i can view a full conversation would be a good start. PushBullet is free and open source. they provide there api. maybe someone a lot smarter than me could beef it up a bit and make it more what we are all looking for!

Just my 2 cents
    MPF94025 likes this.
    03-10-16 11:28 AM
35 12