I have owned Priv (which I sold) and Passport! Both phones are sharing almost same mAu but Passport battery life is solid and long lasting as compare to Priv IMO. Passport gave me 14-16 hours straight with 4G on all the times and 4 emails plus social media apps but Priv can't last 9-10 hours with same scenario. Your experience please

Posted via Passport
    12-10-15 04:31 AM
    Hi

My one is also a bad driver. My battery is going down very fast and getting hot. I got same results as you
    12-10-15 04:33 AM
    Priv use lot of data as well even in idle mode, this may be the reason or its android

Posted via Passport
    12-10-15 04:36 AM
    I have owned Priv (which I sold) and Passport! Both phones are sharing almost same mAu but Passport battery life is solid and long lasting as compare to Priv IMO. Passport gave me 14-16 hours straight with 4G on all the times and 4 emails plus social media apps but Priv can't last 9-10 hours with same scenario. Your experience please

Posted via Passport
    Are you considering getting a Priv again? I'm just trying to figure out why you're hanging out in the Priv forum given that you tried a Priv and obviously did not like it.

Once upon a time, I purchased a LG MyTouch 4G. There were more problems than I could count, as that phone had to be the worst phone in the history of cell phones. Needless to say, after I finally placed the MyTouch in a slingshot and launched it across the mall parking lot, I didn't care to return to the MyTouch forum to discuss the terrible lag when launching apps.

Regardless, it's a fact. Not all phones get the exact same amount of battery life - even with a similarly rated battery. Different hardware. Different software. Different phone.

I do the same thing with my Priv that I did with my Passport. At the end of my day, the Priv is around 30% where the Passport used to be around 50%. I have no problem with this. But even if I did, there are any number of places for me to get a midday QuickCharge, where I can increase nearly 20% in 20 minutes. But again, it's only an option, not a necessity.
    Last edited by ce71; 12-10-15 at 07:13 AM.
    Qrackin likes this.
    12-10-15 05:05 AM
    Battery for the Priv now much better with the latest update. But I agree my Passport battery does last longer. But I do tend to do less with my Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    12-10-15 05:29 AM
    as i said in many occasions battery durability is a very different experience from user to user (and sometimes on the same device too),btw android is an heavier os than bbos and drains battery too fast and that could be an aswer to your question.
    As far as i'm concerned i have pretty much the same durability,from 8 am to 23/24 pm (so almost 16 hrs) with 2 time of sot and at least 1 hr calling,and situation should improve when Priv will be update to marshmallow.So i guess i can say i'm satisfied right now
    12-10-15 05:57 AM
    I would say the passport has the better part battery for now hopefully updates will improve the battery on the Priv.

ProjectBrett likes this.
    12-10-15 06:12 AM

Posted via Passport
    Let's see a screenshot to prove your passport can outperform my Priv.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery vs Passport-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-45.jpg   Priv battery vs Passport-screenshot_2015-12-06-13-27-55.jpg  
    ce71 likes this.
    12-10-15 06:52 AM
    I cannot but admire your zeal and energy to defend the priv against everything and everyone, but even Blackberry acknowledges that the Passport battery lasts 30-50% longer than the Priv's on similar use.
    Just check the BlackBerry website.
    Attachment 383809
    Here's my Passport's screen after continuous use for more than 14 hours, editing files, reading and writing emails, surfing the Web, watching BBC World News and Euronews and updating and downloading a few BB10 apps. They do exist.
    One more thing, my Passport is 14 months old, so its battery is not longer in its prime.
    Last edited by sorinv; 12-10-15 at 08:23 AM.
    BB_PP likes this.
    12-10-15 07:22 AM
    I cannot but admire your zeal and energy to defend the priv against everything and everyone, but even Blackberry acknowledges that the Passport battery lasts 30-50% longer than the Priv's on similar use.
    Thanks. I'm only taking issue with his claim that he was only getting 9-10 hours with his Priv. I can almost get that much sot...my sot test got me 8h 14m. Anyway...it's just a friendly challenge. If the passport gets better battery life then all the better. I hope to get the android version one day. I just wanted to show that the Priv also gets amazing battery life despite what the op would have everyone believe.
    12-10-15 07:29 AM
    Thanks. I'm only taking issue with his claim that he was only getting 9-10 hours with his Priv. I can almost get that much sot...my sot test got me 8h 14m. Anyway...it's just a friendly challenge. If the passport gets better battery life then all the better. I hope to get the android version one day. I just wanted to show that the Priv also gets amazing battery life despite what the op would have everyone believe.
    Speaking of friendly challenges. Here's one. Download/install 15 random Android apps on the Priv and Passport. Now, see how many of the apps work on each phone.

I surely don't miss the infamous "Google Play Services is required to run this application" error message on my Passport.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    12-10-15 07:36 AM
    Attachment 383809
    Here's my Passport's screen after continuous use for more than 14 hours, editing files, reading and writing emails, surfing the Web, watching BBC World News and Euronews and updating and downloading a few BB10 apps. They do exist.
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the
    administrator
    12-10-15 07:40 AM
    I am almost sure that the Passport running android won't last as long as the Passport running bB10, unless, maybe, it will run marshmallow with optimized power consumption.
    You need an OS and apps that control the hardware all the time to power down the IC's or those parts of the IC's that are not needed.
    With third party apps, that is difficult because those app developers do not have an intimate knowledge of the hardware and IC's on a particular phone, like BlackBerry App developers have with BB10 on a BlackBerry phone.

If apps have location permission on all the time and do a lot of data mining, the battery will drain faster.
    Ultimately, it's the screen that consumes the most and the Priv's screen has more pixels than the Passport's. It is bound to consume more power all else being equal.
    12-10-15 08:16 AM
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the
    administrator
    Strange because I can see my screen in your reply, so the attachment is there!.
    12-10-15 08:19 AM
    Speaking of friendly challenges. Here's one. Download/install 15 random Android apps on the Priv and Passport. Now, see how many of the apps work on each phone.

I surely don't miss the infamous "Google Play Services is required to run this application" error message on my Passport.
    Sure, but you are forgetting something fundamental. The apps are useless if your battery is drained.

I have seen that so many times with an Iphone and a Note 4 next to my Passport.

It was always the Passport leading us back to the hotel in the mountains in Japan during the night, because the other two phones were dead for a few hours already after a day's hike.

And that's when you need a long battery life the most. When you travel in a foreign place and you have nowhere to plug in.

Besides, there are people like me who do not want and do not miss android apps.
    12-10-15 08:33 AM
    Hope you'll check this since the upgrade

12-10-15 08:40 AM
    Strange because I can see my screen in your reply, so the attachment is there!.
    Weird...ok well what is the sot?
    12-10-15 08:42 AM
    Weird...ok well what is the sot?
    Passport does not display sot. It displayed battery at 49% after 14 hours of continuous use with the display consuming 24% of that, the system 10% and the standby 4.5%.
    12-10-15 08:53 AM
    I've had both in the same scenarios - Passport battery is DEFINITELY longer lasting. Priv has a lot of potential with 6.0 and hibernation states, and still has some optimizing to do on lollipop, but even then we are talking much higher res screen to push.

Priv battery is random for me still depending on if BB services gets stuck in the background doing who knows what. Some days I get 5hrs screen on with BB Services ending up 3rd or 4th in my battery stats, and the next day I get a paltry 2-2.5hrs and its hot all day with BB Services second in the list. Frustrating, but I know its software issues that will be ironed out eventually...hopefully on the BB App updates on the 14th. I got tired of wiping services only for it to happen again 2-3 days later.

I am a heavy user, and average between 4.5-5hrs SOT during a single 10-12hr work shift. Basically on my phone for half the day...I use it instead of my desktop.
    12-10-15 08:54 AM
    Sure, but you are forgetting something fundamental. The apps are useless if your battery is drained.

I have seen that so many times with an Iphone and a Note 4 next to my Passport.

It was always the Passport leading us back to the hotel in the mountains in Japan during the night, because the other two phones were dead for a few hours already after a day's hike.

And that's when you need a long battery life the most. When you travel in a foreign place and you have nowhere to plug in.

Besides, there are people like me who do not want and do not miss android apps.
    Again, my battery is just fine, so your hypothetical doesn't apply in my case. I could argue what helps the Passport's battery is that you can't use many apps.

You and your friends don't sound very skilled at hiking. Even if I were taking my Passport on a hike, I'm bringing backup, either in the form of another phone (that is kept off at all times unless an emergency arises) or a fully charged power bank. Your friends should have been monitoring their battery life, and at 65%, shut their phones down. If I'm hiking in a foreign country, I sure as heck would carry two additional SIM cards from that location too. Proper preparation would also have ensured you had a pre-planned route and passed along a copy of the route to friends/family, with instructions to notify authorities if you did not make it back by a certain time.

I suggest you and your buddies take a basic survival course. It could save your life someday. Getting out of the mountains alive is much more important than taking selfies on a hike. Besides, shouldn't be spending time on a phone while hiking anyway.
    12-10-15 09:07 AM
    Passport does not display sot. It displayed battery at 49% after 14 hours of continuous use with the display consuming 24% of that, the system 10% and the standby 4.5%.
    Ok so 24% is 3 1/2 hours sot...at this rate you are looking at roughly 6-7 hours sot if we allow for faster draining near the end.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-10-15 at 09:33 AM.
    12-10-15 09:08 AM
    I've had the Priv for a week and half now. I can say that I was very disappointed with the battery life at first. Wasn't even lasting close to a day, had to plug it in constantly. But after the phone has settled in and last last update on Monday I've noticed a HUGE improvement in the battery life. The first week I would lose 5-10% of the battery in the first 30 minutes of unplugging the phone. Sometimes 3-4% in the first 5 minutes. Would say I had only 5-8 hours of full charge left.

Now I am currently at 86% remaining after almost 4 hours with the same usage and says I have 21+ hours remaining.

I had the Z30 before this and sure the battery was better then the Priv currently, but the Priv is a different OS and larger better screen that can get MUCH brighter. I have it set currently down at around 25% the brightness and it's brighter then my Z30 at full.
    12-10-15 09:09 AM
    I've had both in the same scenarios - Passport battery is DEFINITELY longer lasting. Priv has a lot of potential with 6.0 and hibernation states, and still has some optimizing to do on lollipop, but even then we are talking much higher res screen to push.

Priv battery is random for me still depending on if BB services gets stuck in the background doing who knows what. Some days I get 5hrs screen on with BB Services ending up 3rd or 4th in my battery stats, and the next day I get a paltry 2-2.5hrs and its hot all day with BB Services second in the list. Frustrating, but I know its software issues that will be ironed out eventually...hopefully on the BB App updates on the 14th. I got tired of wiping services only for it to happen again 2-3 days later.

I am a heavy user, and average between 4.5-5hrs SOT during a single 10-12hr work shift. Basically on my phone for half the day...I use it instead of my desktop.
    Same here. I use my Passport instead of my laptop for 90% of the time. Battery is very important and plugging in during the day is out of the question. Haven't had to do it since I replaced my z10 with my z30 in October 2013.
    12-10-15 09:11 AM
    I recall my passport started off well with long battery life but seem to shorten as time went on, especially after the 10.3 update.

Priv has been amazing so far, I was able to get over 30 hours one time, but usually 12-15 hours on moderate to heavy use is no problem. No heating issues at all for mine, but that may be because I don't have many email accounts or apps

12-10-15 09:43 AM
    Are you considering getting a Priv again? I'm just trying to figure out why you're hanging out in the Priv forum given that you tried a Priv and obviously did not like it.

Once upon a time, I purchased a LG MyTouch 4G. There were more problems than I could count, as that phone had to be the worst phone in the history of cell phones. Needless to say, after I finally placed the MyTouch in a slingshot and launched it across the mall parking lot, I didn't care to return to the MyTouch forum to discuss the terrible lag when launching apps.

Regardless, it's a fact. Not all phones get the exact same amount of battery life - even with a similarly rated battery. Different hardware. Different software. Different phone.

I do the same thing with my Priv that I did with my Passport. At the end of my day, the Priv is around 30% where the Passport used to be around 50%. I have no problem with this. But even if I did, there are any number of places for me to get a midday QuickCharge, where I can increase nearly 20% in 20 minutes. But again, it's only an option, not a necessity.
    Intact Yes! I am still confused, have used Passport for more than a year and bought Priv with love. It's nice hardware and still it's best but the Passport has spoilt me

Posted via Passport
    12-10-15 10:05 AM
45 12