Would like to know any tips for conserving battery life, and if turning off sync helps,what are benefits etc, and Google play seems to eat a lot of data, is that what's hurting my battery?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 09:49 AM
    Would like to know any tips for conserving battery life, and if turning off sync helps,what are benefits etc, and Google play seems to eat a lot of data, is that what's hurting my battery?

I don't think it's necessary to turn off sync but you can turn off location until you're ready to use maps because GPS constantly looking for your location doesn't help battery.

Also any apps (like the Crackberry app) that has a dark theme or night mode, including internet, will save battery because display on time is probably the biggest killer and displaying white words on black background takes up considerably less juice.

11-17-15 09:55 AM
    I don't think it's necessary to turn off sync but you can turn off location until you're ready to use maps because GPS constantly looking for your location doesn't help battery.

Also any apps (like the Crackberry app) that has a dark theme or night mode, including internet, will save battery because display on time is probably the biggest killer and displaying white words on black background takes up considerably less juice.

Just to add... Turn off WiFi Scanning from the Advanced menu in WiFi. Be sure to decline the agreement to turn it back on when Google prompts you on occasion.

WiFi scanning is how Google (and the apps) cheat to access your location - even when the GPS is turned off. It has been known to consume battery.

By the way, Google also calls this an "Improved Accuracy" feature. That sounds so more friendly, doesn't it?

Trisk333 likes this.
    11-17-15 10:00 AM
    Screen/display uses lots of battery so keep brightness at low.

11-17-15 10:14 AM
    Great WiFi tip, I will try that! And changed to dark theme

11-17-15 10:43 AM