Does anyone know if the Priv will have a removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 08:04 PM
    Probably not?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 08:36 PM
    Nope it is not.
    10-12-15 09:05 PM
    Probably not.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 09:36 PM
    Yes.. I mean no.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 09:50 PM
    No.
    10-12-15 11:12 PM
    No it doesn't.
    10-13-15 01:05 AM
    Nein nein nein
    10-13-15 01:09 AM
    Is a removable battery not a security risk these days?

Honest question.
    10-13-15 05:52 AM
    NOOO

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:08 AM

Honest question.
    Why?

Posted via Q10Bold
    10-13-15 06:33 AM

Honest question.
    If you're a drug dealer and been watching too much CSI Cyber, sure it's a security risk. They will trace your phone even when it's off, then super enhance on the last picture you took to record your deal and arrest you.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-13-15 07:43 AM
    Why?

Posted via Q10Bold
    Modern smartphone batteries are a little smarter than your old AA battery or similar dumb battery.

It's old news now that a flash drive's firmware could potentially be hiding malware, and last time I checked the malware is hiding in a nice quiet spot where nobody thinks to look/scan, if they could even do that.

My guess is that it would not be impossible to engineer a battery to take advantage of a similar vulnerability in a mobile device if it exists. Granted one is less likely to pick up a random battery that may carry malware but if the market were flooded with attractively priced non oem batteries, with malware installed in them, the risk of infection would be quite high.
    Last edited by ryanza; 10-13-15 at 10:43 AM.
    10-13-15 09:46 AM
    If you're a drug dealer and been watching too much CSI Cyber, sure it's a security risk. They will trace your phone even when it's off, then super enhance on the last picture you took to record your deal and arrest you.

Posted via CB10
    Who knows what the risk could be, perhaps a simple key logger is installed on a specifically chosen device by the seller of the battery. The seller could easily get personal information when a damaged screen replaced or some other similar repair is done on a device.

One does not need to be a drug dealer to have your banking or other personal details stolen.
    10-13-15 09:52 AM
    Oh you were serious... let me laugh harder.

Simple fact with information security is if you gained physical access, consider it compromised. It could be an attack vector but not a vector to be really concerned about. Someone needs to really target you for that battery keylogger idea. Same idea as you don't randomly pick up USB drives in parking lots then plug it into your own computer.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-13-15 10:19 AM
    Oh you were serious... let me laugh harder.

Simple fact with information security is if you gained physical access, consider it compromised. It could be an attack vector but not a vector to be really concerned about. Someone needs to really target you for that battery keylogger idea. Same idea as you don't randomly pick up USB drives in parking lots then plug it into your own computer.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, laugh all you will, but if it is possible it is a risk factor all the same. Someone with malicious intent must love people with your views on this.

When risk mitigation is a key part of a companies ethos as small a risk as this might be it is one more risk to consider and one more obscure vulnerability that could possibly be taken advantage of. Wouldn't the least expected point off attack be the best one to try?

Obviously all hypothetical and probably totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Probably.

But I'm forgetting that were talking about an Android device.. oops.
    10-13-15 10:41 AM
    Sure, laugh all you will, but if it is possible it is a risk factor all the same. Someone with malicious intent must love people with your views on this.

When risk mitigation is a key part of a companies ethos as small a risk as this might be it is one more risk to consider and one more obscure vulnerability that could possibly be taken advantage of. Wouldn't the least expected point off attack be the best one to try?

Obviously all hypothetical and probably totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Probably.

But I'm forgetting that were talking about an Android device.. oops.
    And you are completely ignoring my point about probability, and switching the attack to Android. Just another clueless BB10 diehard.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 10:53 AM
    And you are completely ignoring my point about probability, and switching the attack to Android. Just another clueless BB10 diehard.

Posted via CB10
    I get your point about probably and it was no switch to Android as an attack but more of an acknowledgement of your point by taking note that there are in fact easier exploits available to a would be attacker.

Clueless I may be but I am far from a diehard fan of any mobile device brand, I am at this point looking for my first android device.
    10-13-15 11:24 AM