Got tired of receiving the alerts from Google Maps app about local traffic conditions and time to destination, etc. Went into Google Maps and turned off all the alerts and finally turned off Location Services. Battery life this morning is unbelievably good. Over three hours since leaving the house and I've only dropped 1%.
    vincentkong likes this.
    11-16-17 11:13 AM
    There are a number of background services for monitoring your location and providing you with "prompts" via notification... that can greatly affect battery life. But then without out them you might be less informed. My phone (Goggle Now) warned me about a big traffic delay on my way home the other day... wasn't using navigation or anything. But it saved me 30 mins with that alert. Turning off Google Now and other location based notification apps like Maps, is a good way to save battery life.... if you need to.
    krittin.chotmani likes this.
    11-16-17 11:50 AM
    There are a number of background services for monitoring your location and providing you with "prompts" via notification... that can greatly affect battery life. But then without out them you might be less informed. My phone (Goggle Now) warned me about a big traffic delay on my way home the other day... wasn't using navigation or anything. But it saved me 30 mins with that alert. Turning off Google Now and other location based notification apps like Maps, is a good way to save battery life.... if you need to.
    Thanks, comrade. Good to know for sure.
    11-16-17 02:21 PM
    The Priv standby time is impressive. I took my Priv and Passport on holiday with me, but mostly used the Passport. From the original full charge, at one point the Priv was showing idle time of over 10 days with more than 3 hours screen on time.
    11-16-17 02:29 PM
    I did a full reset recently and installed apps I know I use often and adjusted permissions etc. Left some apps out etc. Battery has improved a lot since..wish I knew what thing was eating the battery so much before
    11-17-17 08:55 AM
    I think last security patch update is tha problem here. My priv is also lagging in performance after update.
    11-17-17 09:00 AM
    I can't get more than 2 days of battery from my priv and thats 2 days with an like 40 minutes of screen on time . in all fairness I have had the device for 2 years now. but even in those 2 years it was never a battery champ.
    11-17-17 01:50 PM
    I found that if I manually turn the screen off as often as possi¡le.{ every use if I remember } and use an app killer after appropriate sessions I get two days ish. should be enough.
    do not rely on the screen set turn off and do not rely on apps going away without help.
    This for me makes a great and unique phone which I have no intention of changing any time soon .
    Qorax likes this.
    11-18-17 01:22 AM
    Battery of my PRIV sucks monkey balls. I barely get through a normal working day, and it's really unreliable. a pity cause I really like the phones design and concept with the slider. but I can't work with such unreliable hardware so I'll get either Motion or KEYone soon
    11-18-17 10:19 AM