I haven't changed anything substantially, but the last few weeks my battery life has dropped drastically, to the point of lasting no longer than about 8-10 hours after moderate use. A check of Battery shows the primary drain is Android Core Apps, Android System, and Android OS (below). Anyone having similar issues? Any thoughts are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life issue-50101.jpg  
    02-25-17 04:38 PM
    From day 1 (Nov 16) I've never got more than 12 hours from mine. Note that map and navigation apps turn the GPS to high accuracy, which is fine, but they don't put it back to battery saving after you exit them, that's annoying, I have resisted the temptation to use a power management app, but going to have to try something.
    02-25-17 04:57 PM
    Hey Doug, can you click on the battery timeline / graph and show a screenshot of the screen that shows up? It could help to identify the issue

Also, I always suggest doing this when there's anything odd going on, have you tried a simple reboot?
    02-25-17 05:56 PM
    Same with me. I posted about it earlier this week.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1100806/
    02-25-17 10:48 PM
    As requested, although since I just took it off the charger, it's a different graph - but still projecting only 5 hours of battery life.

And yes, I've tried rebooting but it hasn't seemed to change anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life issue-50102.jpg  
    02-26-17 07:20 AM
    It is interesting. I've also noticed those Android modules using more power and I don't know what they are doing.

BUT what is even more interesting is that I was just in Barcelona (Thanks, Crackberry) and while I was in airplane mode more I was not always in it. I still was getting email and bbm when out and about. But those Android Modules were only consuming about 2-3% power and not the 10% or more I had been seeing before the trip.

I wonder if some of it might be Verizon related????

I've only been home half a day so have no data for comparison.
    03-01-17 09:28 AM
    Keyboard And Display Settings:

Customers will go to Settings > show and lower the screen's brightness to save battery.
    Smartphones have the choice to travel into sleep mode if it's ideal for a few time. Priv owners will go to Settings > show and customise the handset to go into sleep mode when 15 seconds or thirty seconds to conserve battery life.
    By default, the keyboard of the Priv vibrates and makes a sound once a user types. Turning off this feature can end in less battery consumption.
    Customers will head to Settings > Language & input > Keyboard Settings > Key press feedback and so put off vibrate and sound of the keyboard.

Battery Saver:

The battery life of smartphones is very important, especially in some circumstances, perhaps one might need to make or receive urgent calls, but the phone does not have enough charge. The Priv has a feature called Battery Saver than can help users to optimize the battery life of their handset.
    "This feature reduces your device's performance and limits features such as vibration, location services, and most background data," says BlackBerry. "As a result, your email, and other apps that rely on syncing may not update unless they are opened when Battery saver mode is enabled."
    Priv owners can go to Settings > Battery and then tap the three dots that appear on top right corner and tap on Battery Saver. By default, the feature is disabled and customers can opt to automatically turn it on when the charge goes down to 15 percent or 5 percent.

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi And Airplane Mode:

The battery life of a mobile device can be affected if the handset needs to maintain a strong signal. BlackBerry suggests that customers should turn on Airplane mode if the mobile connection is weak or when they do not need to use their mobile network at all.
    Switching off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use can also result in increased battery life.
    03-02-17 03:39 AM
    I haven't changed anything substantially, but the last few weeks my battery life has dropped drastically, to the point of lasting no longer than about 8-10 hours after moderate use. A check of Battery shows the primary drain is Android Core Apps, Android System, and Android OS (below). Anyone having similar issues? Any thoughts are welcome.
    This Android Core Apps issue seems to usually be a problem with contacts sync.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...battery_drain/

Try doing what the person in that thread did and see if it helps. I guess it might also be caused by some third party messaging app which is trying to sync its contacts, like Skype, WhatsApp, Viber etc. or maybe you have multiple email accounts which are syncing contacts and are in some way conflicting or corrupted, so you could try disabling contact syncing (under Settings>Accounts and in Hub's account settings) for some or all of them to try and find the culprit.

From day 1 (Nov 16) I've never got more than 12 hours from mine. Note that map and navigation apps turn the GPS to high accuracy, which is fine, but they don't put it back to battery saving after you exit them, that's annoying, I have resisted the temptation to use a power management app, but going to have to try something.
    I think you misunderstand those settings. Obviously, navigation apps ask you to change Location mode to High accuracy because they need GPS, but having the device set to that doesn't mean that every location request triggers GPS. It only means that apps are allowed to use it if necessary and high accuracy mode is only active if you see the icon in your status bar. Take a look here:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3467281?hl=en

Most apps which only need an approximate location, e.g. weather apps and such will only use last known location or coarse location from cell towers, Wi-Fi etc. even if you have your settings on High accuracy. Apps can be made to do a variety of things regarding that, from consuming no power at all and only receiving location updates if another app triggers them to using GPS all the time:
    https://developer.android.com/traini...ion/index.html
    https://developers.google.com/androi...ocationRequest

In short, you can just leave it on High Accuracy and not worry about it. Your phone won't consume any more power unless you run a navigation app or something similar which specifically asks for constantly updated high accuracy location. I should also mention that there are poorly made apps which don't use all that properly, for example recently I installed a weather app which was stupidly using GPS. Of course, you can notice it right away by the aforementioned icon and in the battery stats so you can easily avoid such apps.
    03-02-17 06:07 AM
    This Android Core Apps issue seems to usually be a problem with contacts sync.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...battery_drain/

Try doing what the person in that thread did and see if it helps. I guess it might also be caused by some third party messaging app which is trying to sync its contacts, like Skype, WhatsApp, Viber etc. or maybe you have multiple email accounts which are syncing contacts and are in some way conflicting or corrupted, so you could try disabling contact syncing (under Settings>Accounts and in Hub's account settings) for some or all of them to try and find the culprit.

I think you misunderstand those settings. Obviously, navigation apps ask you to change Location mode to High accuracy because they need GPS, but having the device set to that doesn't mean that every location request triggers GPS. It only means that apps are allowed to use it if necessary and high accuracy mode is only active if you see the icon in your status bar. Take a look here:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3467281?hl=en

Most apps which only need an approximate location, e.g. weather apps and such will only use last known location or coarse location from cell towers, Wi-Fi etc. even if you have your settings on High accuracy. Apps can be made to do a variety of things regarding that, from consuming no power at all and only receiving location updates if another app triggers them to using GPS all the time:
    https://developer.android.com/traini...ion/index.html
    https://developers.google.com/androi...ocationRequest

In short, you can just leave it on High Accuracy and not worry about it. Your phone won't consume any more power unless you run a navigation app or something similar which specifically asks for constantly updated high accuracy location. I should also mention that there are poorly made apps which don't use all that properly, for example recently I installed a weather app which was stupidly using GPS. Of course, you can notice it right away by the aforementioned icon and in the battery stats so you can easily avoid such apps.
    Thanks, Mirko935. I followed the Reddit post but I'm not sure it changed anything (although later my expected battery life had gone from 4 hours to 8, so it may have helped.) The only one of my other Apps that seemed to by syncing contacts was my Gmail account, so I'll see if turning that off makes a difference. That only leaves my primary (work) email account as the culprit, but since work pays for the phone, I'll leave it as a last resort! Thanks again for your help.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    03-02-17 11:55 AM
    There is a thread on how to extend PRIV battery life. Lots of very good tips there.

I turned OFF the "Adaptive Display" - that gave a large boost.
    I regularly get two full days of moderate usage - two email accounts (GMail for work and a personal one).

I also use SWIPE to view Facebook as opposed the the native FB app, as that is apparently a hog.
    03-02-17 01:24 PM
    I love the PRIV and it's battery life. I try to drain it in a day and cant.

If I don't actually "use" the phone for a couple hours it stays at 100%.
    These threads could be combined?
    03-04-17 11:46 AM
    This is after 7hrs at work and a few hrs of Web surfing and 40 minute call with ebay.

I have turned off, Uninstaller all apps I have no use for and only a few have autoupdates.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life issue-screenshot_20170304-125011.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    03-04-17 11:53 AM
    November of 2015 or 2016?
    03-04-17 01:45 PM
    UPDATE: Problem solved.

After a wasted hour removing little-used apps solved nothing, I finally called Bell (my provider) since the phone is still under warranty. The tech I spoke with recommended a backup & restore, which occupied most of yesterday afternoon. Where on Thursday I charged the phone 3 times to get through a typical business day, after 3 hours out of the charger I'm still at 95% battery life. Elsewhere in this forum was a post about the miracle of reseting the phone to factory specs and starting over. It was a bit of a PITA, but the results speak for themselves.
    FF22 and xandros9 like this.
    03-11-17 09:31 AM
    UPDATE: Problem solved.

After a wasted hour removing little-used apps solved nothing, I finally called Bell (my provider) since the phone is still under warranty. The tech I spoke with recommended a backup & restore, which occupied most of yesterday afternoon. Where on Thursday I charged the phone 3 times to get through a typical business day, after 3 hours out of the charger I'm still at 95% battery life. Elsewhere in this forum was a post about the miracle of reseting the phone to factory specs and starting over. It was a bit of a PITA, but the results speak for themselves.
    I believe that was my post! It made such huge difference, I'm glad it did for you as well! Might be work doing every six months or so. As long as my phone continues on like this, I won't be buying a new one.
    03-11-17 10:36 AM
    No need to reset the phone. I used GSam Battery Monitor and found my battery draining app. All day battery life is great!
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life issue-29156.jpg  
    03-11-17 08:55 PM
    No need to reset the phone. I used GSam Battery Monitor and found my battery draining app. All day battery life is great!
    How is your screen not even showing battery usage? Im assuming you dont ever use your device lol..
    In which case, your battery life could be better!
    03-12-17 12:01 AM
    How is your screen not even showing battery usage? Im assuming you dont ever use your device lol..
    In which case, your battery life could be better!
    I probably used it to check messages twice in that time frame of 3 hrs.

This is constant high accuracy gps, and constant Bluetooth to my Pebble.

But during moderate usage, it's similar to the Passport I used before.
    03-12-17 12:06 AM
    Some phones need the reset, couple of reports here about people getting rid of every non stock app, and even disabling some of the stock ones, with no change in poor battery life. They ran an autoloader, even put all the same apps back on and still had good battery life.
    03-12-17 07:46 AM
    Forgot to say that in addition to removing most rarely-used apps, I also installed GSam Battery Monitor, which confirmed the primary drain was "Android Core Apps" . All my management efforts in that regard were futile. The reset has certainly fixed it: although it's Sunday, and I wasn't using it much, the phone is truly sleeping when laid face down, and had 95% battery left after about 6 hours out of the charger. A week ago, it wouldn't have lasted 6 hours! The reset was a bit of a nuisance but the results have been worth it.
    03-12-17 04:20 PM
    As long as it worked for you that's great. It really is a very nice phone once that battery issue was worked out.

I hate resetting my phone because it takes forever for me to set it up the way I like it and all those Android permissions from every app! So I try everything I can to avoid it.
    03-12-17 04:45 PM
    Glad it worked for you. Mine has been pretty good for the year I've owned it. Unless I'm on it nonstop or I'm in an area where it searches fort signal nonstop, I can usually get through 16 hours or more and still have around 30% battery.
    03-12-17 04:59 PM
    So I tried some of the tips above and my battery life is still terrible. A lot of people have terrible battery life with the Priv and I don't understand the issue. You shouldn't have to do so many tricks to save battery life, My Galaxy S7 Edge doesn't need to turn off features, the battery is great. What's the deal? Is there any true ways to keep my battery from draining on my Priv? I might have to sell it and pray to Jesus and Allah and Shiva and Richard Dawkins that the KeyOne doesn't have this battery issue.
    03-27-17 10:43 AM
    Ok so I just posted above because I had my Priv for one week now and over the weekend the battery life was a joke. Mostly caused by the screen according to the battery settings. Even when dimmed it was eating the battery at an alarming rate and my Galaxy S7 Edge can be on full brightness and doesn't deplete anywhere near as fast. So I tried one of the tips above, to restart the Priv by holding the power down for 3 seconds.

And somehow that alone seems to have made a huge difference. My battery life since doing that last night feels normal now. I even turned the brightness up all the way and the battery is still not draining like crazy like it was over the weekend.

Weird fix but I am glad it *seems* to be resolved.
    03-28-17 10:05 AM
    One of the first things to do when one's Priv goes wonky is to do the Power button reboot. Amazing how it helps all the stars in the universe to line up and apps and battery life performance to improve.
    03-28-17 10:21 AM
35 12