Hey guys! Slight dilemma. Before I get into the issue, yes I have the hub and everything enabled and I'm not willing to turn off default refresh rates etc because I shouldn't have to. Also, I had these things installed and working before the last update and was getting 5-6 hrs SOT. So since the February patch I've been getting maybe 2 and a half to 3 hrs SOT and I just want to know how to correct it without having to go into a bunch of apps and change how they work by default because BlackBerry's 22.5 hr battery life promise should not include having to do all that extra stuff and it would be sad if it did.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-23-16 07:42 AM
    Check to see if you're being nailed by a wakelock (pull down menu, tap top bar, tap battery and then the link under the top graph)

There are bars for the time awake, wifi on, etc. If the "awake" bar is solid (always on) then you have an app holding the phone awake which will triple (or worse!) idle battery consumption. You need to find the offender and get rid of it.

It's one of your apps that's doing it.....
    02-23-16 08:03 AM
    Check to see if you're being nailed by a wakelock (pull down menu, tap top bar, tap battery and then the link under the top graph)

There are bars for the time awake, wifi on, etc. If the "awake" bar is solid (always on) then you have an app holding the phone awake which will triple (or worse!) idle battery consumption. You need to find the offender and get rid of it.

Holy **** okay I'll check!

02-23-16 12:21 PM

Yeah, it's not that. Any other tips?

Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life down by half since last update-503325.jpg  
    02-23-16 12:23 PM
    Downloads GSAM Battery app, it's a better app than the native battery manager.

That should give you an idea of what's going on.

Right now my screen uses the most. Along with Android kernel/system and BlackBerry services.

02-24-16 09:45 AM
    Have you installed any new apps?

Have you tried rebooting?

02-24-16 10:45 AM
    I recommend using DTEK and checking which app is using location the most. I found Twitter to be a terrible offender so I removed it.
    02-24-16 11:08 AM
    Last update has killed mine also, Blackberry services using majority of my battery.
    02-24-16 04:39 PM
    I recommend using DTEK and checking which app is using location the most. I found Twitter to be a terrible offender so I removed it.
    See the thing is I turned off location services all together for today and there was no improvement

02-24-16 04:43 PM
    Have you installed any new apps?

Have you tried rebooting?

I have installed new apps but yesterday I did a hard reboot similar to a battery pull and it went for 4hrs SOT but td we're locking at like 2 and a half again

02-24-16 04:44 PM
    I have installed new apps but yesterday I did a hard reboot similar to a battery pull and it went for 4hrs SOT but td we're locking at like 2 and a half again

Looking*

02-24-16 04:44 PM
    Yeah, it's not that. Any other tips?

No, you're looking in the wrong place.

Look here -- see the "Use since last full charge"? Click that and you'll see the graph. This is what it looks like if you're getting screwed by an App that is holding a wakelock (note the SOLID "awake" bar)
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life down by half since last update-2016-02-25-02.21.21.jpg   Priv battery life down by half since last update-2016-02-25-02.21.25.jpg  
    02-24-16 08:22 PM
    No, you're looking in the wrong place.

Look here -- see the "Use since last full charge"? Click that and you'll see the graph. This is what it looks like if you're getting screwed by an App that is holding a wakelock (note the SOLID "awake" bar)
    I looked there. Crackberry's app only posted one screenshot.

02-24-16 09:02 PM
    If my WiFi bar is solid, does it mean it's using a lot of battery? Cos I'm home most of the today and connected to it throughout.

02-24-16 10:49 PM
    No, the WiFi bar being solid is ok as Wifi uses less energy than cellular for data in the general sense.

The dangerous one is the "awake" bar. If it's solid something is holding the phone awake, and that is very bad for standby power consumption.
    02-25-16 08:03 AM
    Last update has killed mine also, Blackberry services using majority of my battery.
    Same here. Once had BlackBerry Services use up about 25% with a SOT of 2.5h. Doesn't always happen though. Seems to be a bug.
    02-25-16 01:47 PM
    An app can request for your location, but how much can it drain if your location is disabled?

Also what apps can have affect the "awake� bar?

02-25-16 02:55 PM
    An app can request for your location, but how much can it drain if your location is disabled?

Also what apps can have affect the "awake” bar?

ANY app that has the ability to hold the phone awake as a permission.

This includes a surprising number of them (go look at the permissions a given app has.)

The one that does this on mine is Garmin's Connect app, and Garmin has been a five-alarm (insert-lots-of-4-letter-words) about not fixing it, which is what prompted me to start digging around (and eventually figure out which app was doing it.)
    02-25-16 03:51 PM
    No, the WiFi bar being solid is ok as Wifi uses less energy than cellular for data in the general sense.

The dangerous one is the "awake" bar. If it's solid something is holding the phone awake, and that is very bad for standby power consumption.
    Many thanks for the tip ! I haven't any problem but I never realized the function of this bar.
    02-25-16 04:52 PM