When you guys said 12 hours, do you mean 8AM-8PM without charging intermittently? If you are, that's not a full day in my book. For me a full day is more like, from getting up in the morning to going to bed in the night (sometimes 6:30AM to 12PM), you never need to think about charging except when you are sleeping. I know I got spoiled by Z30 and Passport, but that's kind of a big deal for me now.

A few questions for you happy ones:

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts you setup if you do?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks and your answer will be very much appreciated!
    1) 10% I don't like it too bright. I used to have a Passport and also used 10%
    2) All app notifications and pushes are on. Gmail Sync (in Google Account Settings) is the only one that's off.
    3) Bluetooth is off, Location settings is "Battery Saving"
    4) I don't bother deliberately killing anything off in the recent list.
    5) I have one gmail, one exchange, FB, Linked-In, WA, and BBM in the Hub. 95% of my notifications are email, half from gmail and half from
    exchange.
    6) Hub sync is set to 1 hour. I use a plain black background as my wallpaper. I'm on Wifi whenever I can get it (75% of the time) and on HSPA on other times. I deliberately turn off LTE (both on my late Passport and now Priv). I hate LTE.
    7) Nothing special. I knew to keep my phone plugged for the 8 hours it took me to set it up. I stayed completely away from content transfer (all my contacts are through gmail or exchange).
    8) NO CONTENT TRANSFER!!! ))

After the Dec14-16 updates, my SOT is around 5.5-6 hours. My last complete charge was 9PM on the 14th. As of now I'm at 25% remaining on the same charge. I'd say my usage peaks in the evening hours. During the day while I'm at work, although I still get all the notifications, I respond to them on my desktop unless I'm away from my desk.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ajwan; 12-16-15 at 05:37 PM.
    aha likes this.
    12-16-15 05:24 PM
    Thanks ajwan, I copied your reply to a new thread dedicated to this topic. Hopefully it will gather more useful tips.
    12-16-15 05:37 PM
    Welcome to Android

Posted via Passport
    My Passport can easily drop 25% or more with the screen on for 2 hours as well so I don't think it is exclusive to Androids only.
    12-16-15 06:18 PM
    I have been using my PRIV all day (12 hours) so far and my battery is at 43%. Usually will have 20 to 25% by the time I go to bed. Not that much difference from my passport.

It is great BlackBerry devise.

BlackBerry PRIV
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 06:47 PM
    Battery got worse since update
    I wake up in the morning check my emails fb etc and within 40 minutes it's down to 70 percent

12-16-15 07:04 PM
    Since all of the updates, which hasn't been long but my battery life has been unbelievable

Attached Thumbnails Priv Battery life after the OS&App updates in Dec. 2015-12570.jpg  
    12-16-15 07:26 PM
    That's with

Attached Thumbnails Priv Battery life after the OS&App updates in Dec. 2015-12571.jpg  
    12-16-15 07:27 PM
    Since all of the updates, which hasn't been long but my battery life has been unbelievable

Can someone please explain to me what this means. I've never understood showing the battery usage on here.

For instance, with the above I would understand your usage as you simply don't use the phone much, or maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly. I have just never understood someone posting their usage and saying they get incredible battery life when we don't know how the phone is being used. 11% screen to me means that you have barely used the phone, unless I just don't understand how we are supposed to interpret these readings.

And with the battery indicator, isn't that only based on how you have been using the phone since the last charge? For instance, let's say I was in my car all day and I posted a usage screen similar to above because I didn't use my phone much. Isn't the "remaining time" showing based on how I used it since I charged it? So if all of a sudden I start using it heavily with phone calls and messages and videos it's going to drop drastically for "time remaining." How is posting any of that beneficial when it's so subjective to how you use the phone up until a given point?
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-16-15 07:39 PM
    Those are very good points, I suppose I don't use my phone much but my usage is consist day to day and I would usually in in the 40 ish % by now

12-16-15 07:45 PM
    My Passport can easily drop 25% or more with the screen on for 2 hours as well so I don't think it is exclusive to Androids only.
    2 hours of SOT on my passport and it's 87% left!

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 12:10 AM
    2 hours of SOT on my passport and it's 87% left!

Posted via Passport
    You must have your screen set to super dim then - I have mine set to about 70% brightness and 2 hours of SOT will easily bring it down to 75% or lower.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter - you like your PP, I use to like mine but I don't miss the slow focusing camera and the lack of apps without spending tons of time patching them and even then, they only barely run properly. Other than that, I agree the PP is a great phone but it's obvious the market has rejected it and BB10 in general otherwise Blackberry would not need to go to Android to try and gain back a little market share. If there were enough of people like us that purchased the BB10 devices we wouldn't even be having this discussion. The Priv could be a complete flop as well and we might all be on a Windows forum next year LOL
    12-17-15 01:14 AM
    A few questions for you happy ones:

1. What's your screen brightness setting? 20%? 50%? 80%? Mine is about 70% on my Passport (not trying to compare, just to give an example to the answers I am looking for).
    2. Do you deliberately turn off most app's notifications or push features? I know I do that on my Passport for most of the apps installed. Only leave some critical ones enabled.
    3. Do you deliberately turn off Bluetooth and location services when you are not using them? I don't (again on my Passport), they are always on.
    4. Do you deliberately kill off unused apps from recent list? I do that with my Passport for most of the apps, but I do leave 1-3 apps on from time to time.
    5. Do you use HUB and how many push accounts you setup if you do?
    6. Are there anything else you did deliberately to improve your battery life on your Priv?
    7. When you did your OS update, did you let the phone sit for 45 min to 1 hour after you reset your phone, before you do anything to the phone (i.e. setup accounts, transfer contents, etc.)?
    8. Did you use content transfer to transfer BlackBerry content to your Android phone? I heard that if you don't transfer email accounts, the battery life will be much better.

Thanks and your answer will be very much appreciated!
    I don't deliberately try and save battery life as I want to just use my device as I do.

I will say I keep my brightness VERY low (slider almost all the way down) because I don't like bright screens and had it set the same way on my Passport, but not to preserve battery just preference. Still getting way better battery life on my Priv over my Passport now (about 3x better).

Have hundreds of apps installed on my Priv and don't have any special settings or App killers etc. I tried toggling turning on and off the "group background data" option in Cellular Data settings but it didn't impact the battery life.

I do have Bluetooth and location off (more for privacy weirdness than battery) but I do turn them for a while when streaming music in the car or getting directions etc. This is at least an hour a day or more.

Five accounts going in the Hub and significant App usage all day. Also use physical keyboard majority of the day with gestures and tap to wake on screen.

I ran all my settings the exact same way before, but factory reset plus the new updates completely fixed my problem.

For example, woke up today at 8 am, had phone running and using all day heavily including phone calls, and it's now almost 5 am so I think that is about 21 hours, and I still have 22% remaining.

Specs: Rogers, pre-order and picked up on Nov 6, running on LTE.

12-17-15 06:56 AM
    Forgot to mention when I first setup the device I did content transfer. When I did the factory reset later with the new updates, I DID NOT use content transfer and used a different backup App instead to transfer the most critical items.

12-17-15 07:01 AM
    You must have your screen set to super dim then - I have mine set to about 70% brightness and 2 hours of SOT will easily bring it down to 75% or lower.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter - you like your PP, I use to like mine but I don't miss the slow focusing camera and the lack of apps without spending tons of time patching them and even then, they only barely run properly. Other than that, I agree the PP is a great phone but it's obvious the market has rejected it and BB10 in general otherwise Blackberry would not need to go to Android to try and gain back a little market share. If there were enough of people like us that purchased the BB10 devices we wouldn't even be having this discussion. The Priv could be a complete flop as well and we might all be on a Windows forum next year LOL

Priv Battery life after the OS&App updates in Dec. 2015-img_20151217_175832.png
    Camera with video is good but photos really take some time!! But overall if you are not apps junkie then Passport is better choice. Priv has very nice and slid hardware but Android....

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 07:01 AM
    I don't deliberately try and save battery life as I want to just use my device as I do.

I will say I keep my brightness VERY low (slider almost all the way down) because I don't like bright screens and had it set the same way on my Passport, but not to preserve battery just preference. Still getting way better battery life on my Priv over my Passport now (about 3x better).

Have hundreds of apps installed on my Priv and don't have any special settings or App killers etc. I tried toggling turning on and off the "group background data" option in Cellular Data settings but it didn't impact the battery life.

I do have Bluetooth and location off (more for privacy weirdness than battery) but I do turn them for a while when streaming music in the car or getting directions etc. This is at least an hour a day or more.

Five accounts going in the Hub and significant App usage all day. Also use physical keyboard majority of the day with gestures and tap to wake on screen.

I ran all my settings the exact same way before, but factory reset plus the new updates completely fixed my problem.

For example, woke up today at 8 am, had phone running and using all day heavily including phone calls, and it's now almost 5 am so I think that is about 21 hours, and I still have 22% remaining.

Specs: Rogers, pre-order and picked up on Nov 6, running on LTE.

You meant 5PM???

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 07:05 AM
    Forgot to mention when I first setup the device I did content transfer. When I did the factory reset later with the new updates, I DID NOT use content transfer and used a different backup App instead to transfer the most critical items.

You mean content transfer is culprit??

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 07:06 AM
    You meant 5PM???

Posted via Passport
    No, I woke up at 8am today and stayed up late, haven't gone to bed yet. It's showing 5:06am on my clock in the morning. (Going to sleep soon)

12-17-15 07:08 AM
    You mean content transfer is culprit??

Posted via Passport
    Could be.... Lots of forum users report that was a big issue for them. For me it was and it was significantly improved when I did a factory reset, updated all apps and ignored content transfer. Backed up via different App. Works great now, so happy!

12-17-15 07:10 AM
    No, I woke up at 8am today and stayed up late, haven't gone to bed yet. It's showing 5:06am on my clock in the morning. (Going to sleep soon)

Don't wake up too long to test your battery!!! Lol

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 07:14 AM

It is almost impossible with any Android device without all time battery saving mode!!

Posted via Passport
    12-17-15 07:17 AM
    I'm up for an hour just chatted on whastapp and checked my emails and light face book and down to 68 percent
    That's simply unacceptable

12-17-15 08:41 AM
    It really depends on what is on your phone and what is running in the background. The people who have 6- hours of battery life, you either have a craped out phone or you have an app that's not optimized that is running heavily in the background.

A good example of this app is the NHL app, it is the worst for this.

12-17-15 09:19 AM
    Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 10:12 AM
    I am quite surprised that the screen is eating soooooooooo much of the battery.

I will do some tests, using my GPS with the screen turned off and compare the batter drain..... My commute to work usually kills 25% of my battery.

I have noticed that the stand by drain is much lower than on my Passport. It is just the darn screen!!!!!!!

Yep, that's my problem too and my brightness settings are at the lowest. Stand by time is great for me too but the problem for me is while it's being used.

12-17-15 10:34 AM
    I'm telling you guys, factory reset and no content transfer and all updates. This phone is a battery beast even with tons of apps and stuff running (and is advertised as such considering their lab averages)! If not it would be a faulty device

12-17-15 01:28 PM
53 123