Hi not sure if this has been posted but there are specs posted on BlackBerry official site now. Mostly the same but I did notice this which wasn't detailed before :

PRIV by BlackBerry Specs ? Specifications for Android BlackBerry Smartphone - Canada

BATTERY LIFE1
    Up to 22.5 hours mixed battery life1

Up to 23.9 hours talk time

Up to 17.6 days standby time

Up to 72.7 hours audio playback

Up to 10.2 hours video playback

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    11-05-15 12:08 PM
    Nice find! Not bad!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:14 PM
    Hmm, was expecting better to be honest. Thought you would get two days, but not having to worry about charging except at night means not an issue.

Here is it vs. iPhone 6S+

BATTERY LIFE
    Up to 22.5 hours mixed battery life--- NA

Up to 23.9 hours talk time--- Talk time: Up to 24 hours on 3G

Up to 17.6 days standby time--- Standby time: Up to 16 days

Up to 72.7 hours audio playback--- Audio playback: Up to 80 hours

Up to 10.2 hours video playback--- HD video playback: Up to 14 hours

They match up pretty well and the Plus gets great battery life.
    11-05-15 12:18 PM
    It would seem where the Priv falls behind a little is video playback, maybe due to the much higher res screen

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:23 PM
    Hmm, was expecting better to be honest. Thought you would get two days, but not having to worry about charging except at night means not an issue.
    Don't forget, 22.5 hours of mixed use also means using it constantly for 22.5 hours. You will get 2 days I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:31 PM
    10.2 hours video playback seems pretty low, that's near iPhone 4's advertised battery life. I wonder how they're going to place on this list. My 2012 Note II gets 12 hours video playback... the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active advertises 16 hours video playback and GSM arena squeezed out 18 still. I wonder if it's not just the resolution of the screen but also maybe DTEK or other security measures on the Priv that cannot be disabled are quietly sapping a bit more power. A long screen on time is pretty important to me if there's no removable battery... or really, at $900 CAD, I'm less willing to overlook this.

It should be noted that the GSM video playback tests are done at 50% brightness, and I don't know how Blackberry tests their video playback life. 50% on a Priv may be very, very bright still, so I'm optimistic. I will probably have the brightness very, very low indoors.

This is why it's so bad to trust a spec sheet and it's important to wait for reviews sometimes. I did not anticipate only 10 hours video playback based on that battery size. I am TOTALLY okay with it as long as I get through the day with heavy use. I honestly don't care for it to last past 1 full day. But it better get through the 1 day at that price point since I can't haul around a 2nd battery in this case AND because I'd like to delude myself into thinking I'm going to own it for more than 1 year, and once Android updates start chuggin' in you know your battery life will be up in the air, sometimes improving dramatically, sometimes getting destroyed... #lollipopproblems. Marshmallow's Doze function is rumored to really improve battery life though so maybe after the update these numbers will shift.
    11-05-15 12:48 PM
    Those are all good points, It's hard to say without context for all these manufacturer estimates. I guess we'll have to wait for some real world tests in the same conditions!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:54 PM
    Don't forget it is an android device. Don't expect as good as passport.
    11-05-15 12:57 PM
    AMOLED screens use a LOT more power for video than an IPS LCD panel; they can be more efficient than IPS if you use a dark app (or dark background) as only lit pixels consume power, but video is pretty much the worst-case scenario for them in terms of power consumption. And, of course, the brighter the more juice is consumed.

By contrast an IPS panel consumes very little power for display itself; nearly all is in the backlight.
    11-05-15 12:58 PM
    I always battery life is relative...
    11-05-15 01:00 PM
    This is impossible to answer because of apps and usage but with that screen and processor - I would expect that it is inline with similar devices where a normal user needs a charge ever day.

I'd buy a fast charger
    11-05-15 01:09 PM
    10.2 hours video playback seems pretty low, that's near iPhone 4's advertised battery life. I wonder how they're going to place on this list. My 2012 Note II gets 12 hours video playback... the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active advertises 16 hours video playback and GSM arena squeezed out 18 still. I wonder if it's not just the resolution of the screen but also maybe DTEK or other security measures on the Priv that cannot be disabled are quietly sapping a bit more power. A long screen on time is pretty important to me if there's no removable battery... or really, at $900 CAD, I'm less willing to overlook this.
    I doubt DTEK takes any battery. From what i saw until now, it looks like a silmple app like windows security center that tells you the your antivirus/firewall/other security option is disabled, with maybe shortcuts to the standard android menus to quicky enable/disables the features
    11-05-15 01:28 PM

BATTERY LIFE

Man 2 days? I'm happy with 1 full days use for a heavy user.
    11-05-15 01:30 PM
    I think Battery life should be fine... actually impressed based on what I still hear about BBM on Android. But then maybe BBM isn't always on, and thus it wasn't required to be part of this "rating".

Either way, all most people really need is a good 18 hours to make it through the day and they'll be happy.
    11-05-15 01:36 PM

BATTERY LIFE

Some people meant to be critics

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:49 PM
    Don't forget it is an android device. Don't expect as good as passport.
    Yet its competing Passport !!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:50 PM