07-17-19 03:33 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    As soon as I deactivated blackberry hub my heat and battery drain went away.
    Doesn't surprise me too much, I find BB's apps to be battery hogs, generally speaking. I personally don't think they bring much value in the Android space which is why TCL abandoning the deal and making their own PKB with Android One or stock Android could be a wise option.
    07-02-19 12:10 PM
    The only blackberry app on this priv that is not disabled is the BlackBerry Launcher / DTEK. I am on a second blackberry priv and the heating issues were greater with the first phone purchased from BBmobiles site. The current one is a STV100-1 from T-Mobile with all the T-mobile junk bloatware (disabled). Also I do not use any google apps, and have replaced all other main apps with the "Simple" apps. One major issue I've had with the priv is the non responsive gps signal which takes time to register location and sometimes loses signal (improved recently - no clue). I use mapquest and prefer it over waze and Gmaps for this phone especially. Also on 1080/dark theme everything with dev options that reduce animations to 0. All auto-updates and sync disabled and so on.

Also the old phone needed refrigeration to bring it back out of it's overheating state. This one has not needed refrigeration but has had the "cooling down phone" notifications here and there (Los Angeles weather). The phone is wrapped with ArmorShield skin and inside a Incipio case and I can still feel the heat. The only thing that helps is lowering screen brightness.
    07-17-19 03:19 PM
    Also the old phone needed refrigeration to bring it back out of it's overheating state. This one has not needed refrigeration but has had the "cooling down phone" notifications here and there (Los Angeles weather).
    07-17-19 03:22 PM
    Also from experience a plain black wallpaper helps phones and computers (electronics with interactive screens) run faster, smoother and reduce battery drain.
    07-17-19 03:33 PM
79 ... 234