Not a heavy user. As in I don't play much games, but playing music all day and spending the night in YouTube, facebook and all the other ****. It used to get heated up so badly if I open FB while playing music. But now it never gets heated up while more than 10 apps are open at the same time. It does gets a little warm at times, but its nothing compared to how it used to heat up. You can give it a shot.
    I'd use Facebook Lite, get it from apkmirror.com

It will eat alot less battery and resources from your device than the official Facebook from Play Store
    01-24-18 01:01 AM
    Not a heavy user. As in I don't play much games, but playing music all day and spending the night in YouTube, facebook and all the other ****. It used to get heated up so badly if I open FB while playing music. But now it never gets heated up while more than 10 apps are open at the same time. It does gets a little warm at times, but its nothing compared to how it used to heat up. You can give it a shot.
    Very interesting. I'm a media user (including gaming) so I don't know if it will make much difference but I'll give it a shot.

I was going to load a certain autoloader to get pointer mode which would require a reset. I guess two birds with one stone.
    01-24-18 01:03 PM
    Five days ago I was ready to give up and return my Priv, my Battery life was awful. I did one last search on Priv Battery Life problems and saw the post about doing a factory reset solving the issues. Well I broke down and did the full factory reset - WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!!!
    Perhaps this has already been answered. I have never actually done a factory reset, does that blow out ALL your data? Apps, Settings, Media (photos, videos, music, podcasts, etc.), Contacts, etc.?
    02-11-18 02:28 PM
    The same thing, after a reset last week, I just came from a psytrance party after 2 days and my PRIV had enough battery for the whole almost 40h with lots of photos and videos taken!
    Factory reset worked great for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I miss my raving days.

Where was the party?
    02-11-18 02:28 PM
    Literally spent my whole day getting my phone back to the way it was. And nothing I can do about my notes and password keeper data apparently.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I think you can use the BlackBerry Content Transfer app to store that data in Google Drive.
    Last edited by D.Vader; 02-11-18 at 03:00 PM.
    02-11-18 02:30 PM
    I'm back to my Classic due to email issues also. I don't think the Priv is a replacement for a power user it's a wanna be Blackberry. Going to ditch the Priv and stock pile Classics.

Posted via CB10
    I just got the KeyOne and so far it is much better than the PRIV. The PRIV was their first stab at an Android phone. The formfactor was great (keyboard a tad cramped but I got used to it). The hardware on paper sounded more than adequate for Android it fell a little short.

KeyOne is definitely runs smoother on all accounts so far, and I pulled pretty much all of my apps over from my Priv. Waze was a dog on my PRIV, but runs pretty smooth on KeyOne.

What Brand of Classics are you using?
    02-11-18 02:58 PM
    I'd use Facebook Lite, get it from apkmirror.com

It will eat alot less battery and resources from your device than the official Facebook from Play Store
    I just downloaded it. You having any issues with FB Lite and BB Hub?
    02-11-18 03:01 PM
    I just downloaded it. You having any issues with FB Lite and BB Hub?
    I disabled the Hub a long time ago. Didn't like the amount of battery that Hub+ Services was draining, and for my needs I didn't find it necessary to have. But when I did use it on KEYone, there were no issues between FB Lite and Hub.
    02-11-18 03:36 PM
    Each time I see topics like this, I am so much happy I was able to sell my Priv for the same price I got it (2nd hand device). It's been a very unique experience, and, being honest, I haven't seen such a bad battery life since Xperia P days. Best of luck to those brave guys who haven't jumped out the ship yet!
    02-11-18 04:57 PM
    Each time I see topics like this, I am so much happy I was able to sell my Priv for the same price I got it (2nd hand device). It's been a very unique experience, and, being honest, I haven't seen such a bad battery life since Xperia P days. Best of luck to those brave guys who haven't jumped out the ship yet!
    I get about 5hrs SOT on my optimized Priv, so I'm in no rush to move. That being said, I'm waiting for a good deal on a K1...
    02-12-18 01:51 PM
    I get about 5hrs SOT on my optimized Priv, so I'm in no rush to move. That being said, I'm waiting for a good deal on a K1...
    After 24 hours, I have 3 hours 50 mins SOT and the battery remains at nice 66 %. I love this. One can simply not drain it in one day. That's the real progress in here.
    5 hours on Priv is still a good score (though being bad in general even at that time). I got over 5 hours maybe once or twice, furthermore it required me to drain the battery below 15 % of capacity, which I do only in the biggest need.
    02-17-18 06:00 PM
    I've had my Priv for about 18 months. Battery life was getting worse, lots of BlackBerry launcher crashing and generally slow performance. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset as it is a long weekend here. I moved all of the pics and docs that were on the internal storage (not that many, mostly things saved into chat apps) to my sd card and did the reset yesterday. Today being the first day, I see a definite improvement. screen time is over 4 hours and I've been using the phone all day. Performance is better and no crashes so far; Google Maps opens a bit quicker and is ready for a search more quickly (but still not as fast as on my wife's KEYone). Sharing is also faster.
    Internal storage shows about 10gig less stuff than before the reset.
    We will see how it does after a few weeks.
    02-18-18 07:46 PM
    Sigh, you think we haven't tried this? Doesn't work. I don't have fb and instagram on this device and it still heats up.
    02-18-18 11:58 PM
    Sigh, you think we haven't tried this? Doesn't work. I don't have fb and instagram on this device and it still heats up.
    Sadly it is the nature of the 808 processor that comes on the Priv. Some have changed the screen resolution which helps some with the battery life and the heating, but why buy a Priv and not enjoy the full HD beauty of its screen!

The only way to get rid of the heating issue is to switch to another phone.
    02-19-18 06:35 AM
    why buy a Priv and not enjoy the full HD beauty of its screen!
    With the resolution down to 1080x1920, we DO enjoy the full HD beauty of the screen.......just not the quad HD.

The only way to get rid of the heating issue is to switch to another phone.
    Not necessarily. Applying most battery saving tips (which are applicable to any other Android device) does help tremendously. Using the phone for CPU/GPU friendly tasks also makes an enormous difference.

If one needs a phone for absolute all day use, as well as gaming, well then obviously it's not a good idea to buy a Priv.
    02-19-18 07:21 AM
    With the resolution down to 1080x1920, we DO enjoy the full HD beauty of the screen.......just not the quad HD.

Not necessarily. Applying most battery saving tips (which are applicable to any other Android device) does help tremendously. Using the phone for CPU/GPU friendly tasks also makes an enormous difference.

If one needs a phone for absolute all day use, as well as gaming, well then obviously it's not a good idea to buy a Priv.
    Granted 1080 is hd. My present 5T is 1080 and the screen is beautiful. However when the Priv was released, the quad HD was highly touted and the purchaser certainly paid for it. Prices now certainly are less and it is one more work around that a person "has" to make to get the phone working like it should. And let's not forget that there are some trade offs for reducing the Priv's screen resolution.

My Priv did not overheat much. Of course I had to delete Facebook since it seemed to be more battery intensive on my phone. I did not game on the phone. And I really tried to avoid switching between apps.

On Lollipop the phone struggled. It was much improved on Marshmallow, but we will never know how Nougat could have impacted the performance.

No matter what, if you are a power user like me, you will encounter periodic battery overheating on the Priv no matter if you do all the battery saving tips. Me, I didn't like the trade off for reducing resolution, so I didn't do it. That may have made the difference, but again if you pay for a top phone, one should be able to use it as it was designed to be used, not with reducing it's quad HD screen. Just my own thought.
    02-19-18 08:04 AM
    but again if you pay for a top phone, one should be able to use it as it was designed to be used, not with reducing it's quad HD screen. Just my own thought.
    Well, let's not forget that phones are meant to be first and foremost MOBILE, namely, allowing you to use them on the go.

Features phones go for days/weeks
    Smartphones go for hours/maybe 2 days

The most important is to go about your day knowing that your phone will last until you are off to bed, that's the least we could ask for from a mobile device, especially one that packs a 3410 mAh cell.

QHD ain't mandatory, getting through the day is.

To each their own though I guess.
    02-19-18 08:21 AM
    Well, let's not forget that phones are meant to be first and foremost MOBILE, namely, allowing you to use them on the go.

Features phones go for days/weeks
    Smartphones go for hours/maybe 2 days

The most important is to go about your day knowing that your phone will last until you are off to bed, that's the least we could ask for from a mobile device, especially one that packs a 3410 mAh cell.

QHD ain't mandatory, getting through the day is.

To each their own though I guess.
    I think we are both on the same page. Sadly the Priv has the 808 and that means Heating issues. The quad HD display is beautiful but not necessary. Newer Priv owners are not paying for that screen like those of us who were earlier adopters of the phone.

I switched to a 1080 phone, but I didn't pay the hefty price of a phone with a quad HD or whatever the going Samsung s8 screen boasts. I get the same performance without the price.

A phone with the quad HD feature should be optimized to work with that feature. While on the Priv the overheating was not much of an issue for me due to using something less resource hogging (Friendly) and due to following the recommended battery optimizations recommended by many. So I kept that glorious quad HD screen and once in a blue moon had the phone get hot. But it was rare.

But each person does have to make the choices for themselves about what they do or do not do to make the Priv operate optimally.
    02-19-18 09:22 AM
    my priv was behaving worse and worse, so I decided that before doing a factory reset I just try a few of the tricks from here.

1. replaced facebook and messenger with their lite version
    2. uninstalled most of the apps that I don't use more than once per week
    3. uninstalled the weather widget
    4. reduced resolution to 1080

The effect: battery life increase by at least 50%.

In the evening I still have 50% battery, while previously it was under 5%.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-19-18 04:38 PM
    As an using black berry stv100-1 phone so its getting over heat u have any suggestions to solve my phone problem please
    05-21-19 01:17 PM
    As an using black berry stv100-1 phone so its getting over heat u have any suggestions to solve my phone problem please
    Did you read any of the previous replies? There's not really much that can be done but there are already some good suggestions here in the thread such as uninstalling old apps you're not using, using Lite versions of apps such as Facebook, etc.
    05-21-19 01:22 PM
    If really wish that PRIV had better processor. I really appreciate the PRIV pkb more and more. Swipe up more 100 percent.
    05-21-19 06:23 PM
    Search for threads on reducing resolution on priv. Also just keep it updated.

Also find later release of the priv... that also seems to be a factor.
    05-21-19 07:16 PM
    Search for threads on reducing resolution on priv. Also just keep it updated.

Also find later release of the priv... that also seems to be a factor.
    Nah, every Priv will have the awful 808 processor, doesn't matter if it was built in 2015 or 2016.
    05-22-19 12:22 AM
    As soon as I deactivated blackberry hub my heat and battery drain went away.
    07-02-19 11:59 AM
79 1234