Does anyone else have this problem? I use my GPS for business throughout my day so of course that kills the battery in a matter of a few short hours (the longest I've went between charges is about 3 hours) oftentimes I try to get ahead of the battery drain and put the phone in battery saver mode. Last week I forgot to follow my routine and let the phone go in its normal mode and I got about an extra hour or so. Over the weekend I did the same and got slightly better results each time. Today out of habit around 85% I put the phone in battery saver mode and within about an hour I was at 14% (with that unnecessary) low battery light blinking. Nothing out of the norm with my usage of GPS but it seems like battery saver mode kills the battery quicker than not.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 09:30 PM
    Does anyone else have this problem? I use my GPS for business throughout my day so of course that kills the battery in a matter of a few short hours (the longest I've went between charges is about 3 hours) oftentimes I try to get ahead of the battery drain and put the phone in battery saver mode. Last week I forgot to follow my routine and let the phone go in its normal mode and I got about an extra hour or so. Over the weekend I did the same and got slightly better results each time. Today out of habit around 85% I put the phone in battery saver mode and within about an hour I was at 14% (with that unnecessary) low battery light blinking. Nothing out of the norm with my usage of GPS but it seems like battery saver mode kills the battery quicker than not.
    Can't think of any possible way to fix that other than resetting your phone and see if the problem comes back.
    06-26-17 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can only hazard a guess or completely speculate. Maybe putting the device in Battery Saver Mode changes the way the gps is powered on/off or cycles and that uses more battery power than just having the gps working in regular mode????????????????????????????????????
    06-27-17 12:44 AM
    I can only hazard a guess or completely speculate. Maybe putting the device in Battery Saver Mode changes the way the gps is powered on/off or cycles and that uses more battery power than just having the gps working in regular mode????????????????????????????????????
    Well, it could be. Perhaps the phone is having problems maintaining a good GPS connection because of how Battery Saver limits some things, and thus consumes more power in the process.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-27-17 07:24 AM
    Battery saver will do absolutely nothing positive to your phone if you're using it heavily. You're just making your phone slower, still running a qhd display but now you need the screen on longer because everything is slower.

Battery saver does absolutely nothing good if the phone is in use. I believe it's only good for standby battery life.
    06-27-17 11:18 AM
    Battery saver will do absolutely nothing positive to your phone if you're using it heavily. You're just making your phone slower, still running a qhd display but now you need the screen on longer because everything is slower.

Battery saver does absolutely nothing good if the phone is in use. I believe it's only good for standby battery life.
    I'd say the same. A CPU consummes less if it can do a calculation at max speed in a short period then sleep totally for a long time, than if is slowed down to consume less when computing, but must stay on longer because calculations are longer.
    Battery saver likely reduces frequency / enabled cores, which might actually consume more for the same calculation, if you don't also reduce what you ask the phone to do
    06-28-17 03:58 AM

Agreed, battery saver mode on this phone is USELESS.

Up at my cottage where i still get full bars of 4G but only 1 or 2 bars of LTE - putting the phone into battery saver mode causes the 4G connection to drop more often than not and then it starts hunting for 3G signals in 'extended coverage areas'

Not to mention when sending/receiving a file from a contact on whatsapp/bbm takes 5 or 6 times longer, not exaggerating. And if you try to play an HD video, it will likely be full of stuttering.

I haven't seen any point in utilizing that mode, ever.
    06-28-17 11:55 PM