Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....Priv was hot in ATT store today. Is that normal?? My Z30 never heats up like that. I am sure it is the processor producing the heat. Hopefully it will cool down.
    The z30 is phenomenally good at keeping heat inside the unit. It's the only device I've ever owned that almost never felt hot to touch.
    Otherwise, like someone said before, almost all phones get hot once you're using them for a little while, especially if you're downloading updates, apps working in background and using the phone. Which is likely happening on the first couple of days.
    11-07-15 09:49 AM
    They will probably issue a software patch to fix the processor heat management.
    Or a tub full of water

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:52 AM
    Yeah, it runs way too hot. Even after a day.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:53 AM
    Numero #1:

The guy in the vid is semi-jokingly said that the device's logo could brand into your thigh while in your pocket.
    Topic starter said he had to literally put the device down as it became too hot.
    Is it really THAT bad? What is "warm/hot" in this case?
    Having only used mostly legacy devices, I'm not familiar with cell phones getting "warm" while using. My iPhone 6 never has this problem either.

Can one can have it in ones hands and use it in the tropics with 95 oF on the beach while drinking a couple of beers outside? If not, that would suck. What about guys living in Saudi Arabia/Dubai where it is approx 110-115 oF?

I wonder if this is something that can be fixed with a software update?

But then again, If I'm back in the EU, I suppose it'll winter and it'll make for a good alternative for my mittens.
    Any phone will be getting hot on day one and two. Google 'my phone is hot' and see for yourself.
    The iPhone has some good management to hold back on that I believe, or their processors are just too good and don't produce heat since they run a slow clock rate? Not sure, but the iphone does get hot if you play some games.
    11-07-15 09:55 AM
    Testing a Priv in a Rogers store yesterday for 30 minutes. No heat issues at all. God it's a beautiful phone.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-07-15 10:02 AM
    Mine was quite warm and I would say hot for the first few hours. Today I have been using it for an hour straight and it is fine.

Playing games makes it warm but my iPhone and s5 are the same as well.

One thing I'm getting used to is the weight, after using the iPhone for the last month this thing weighs a ton.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 10:10 AM
    Mine was quite warm and I would say hot for the first few hours. Today I have been using it for an hour straight and it is fine.

Playing games makes it warm but my iPhone and s5 are the same as well.

One thing I'm getting used to is the weight, after using the iPhone for the last month this thing weighs a ton.

But , people are claiming it's "light"...?
    11-07-15 10:36 AM
    Got hot during initial setup last night during multiple account sync, downloading a few gigs of transfer content, and installing apps back to back.

Today after an hour of straight use it is just warm. My Passport gets hotter then the Priv.
    11-07-15 10:39 AM
    Testing a Priv in a Rogers store yesterday for 30 minutes. No heat issues at all. God it's a beautiful phone.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    The rounded left and right edges of the screen contribute to its beauty; much better than the raised edges of the BlackBerry Z10. The swipe movement feels smoother and the extra viewing area were good design decisions.
    11-07-15 10:43 AM
    The BlackBerry Priv feels lighter than the BlackBerry Z10. The BlackBerry Priv is a solidly built device in a form factor slimmer than the BlackBerry Z10. To me the BB Priv is the next generation BB Z10 despite the change from BlackBerry OS 10 to BlackBerry Android. The 2TB microSD card capability will be a killer feature as soon as 2TB microSD cards are on the market.
    11-07-15 10:48 AM
    I've taken my HTC One M8 into the sauna tens of times and it gets real hot.

Still no issues.

Use a case.

11-07-15 11:04 AM
    The 2TB microSD card capability will be a killer feature as soon as 2TB microSD cards are on the market.
    I don't think so. 200GB card is already EUR 290,00 IF and WHEN a 2TB SD card will be released this will cost more than the phone itself. And by the time that prices for such cards will go down, the device is already as old as a dinosaur in terms of specs. If BB would've made a big deal of the 2TB support possibility as an option other devices don't have, then this would be highly irrelevant in practice.
    11-07-15 11:29 AM
    Just checking back to see if it is still baking?
    Mine have no baking issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:44 AM
    I've been using mine since about 1pm yesterday and it stays pretty warm. Coming from my z10 I didn't think about it until I saw this thread..

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:50 AM
    It's not that bad and compared to my passport is fine. But the iPhone is light, the Priv weighs 60-70 grams more. But the weight is pretty evenly distributed.
    11-07-15 11:50 AM
    Anyone having the issue with the Priv being too cold?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-07-15 01:35 PM
    I went into another att store, this one I played with for 45 min and it never got hot, only normal warm. I wonder if someone are defective? I played with the device and could not do a hard reboot with the volume keys, does anyone know how to?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:41 PM
    I went into another att store, this one I played with for 45 min and it never got hot, only normal warm. I wonder if someone are defective? I played with the device and could not do a hard reboot with the volume keys, does anyone know how to?

Posted via CB10
    Volume down + powerkey usually helps me even when my galaxy freezes.

dan99x99 likes this.
    11-07-15 05:48 PM
    Doesn't get any hotter than my iPhone 6s plus
    11-07-15 05:51 PM
    The problem with this was was the scrolling of websites was not working, a little scroll amd it would spin like crazy to the bottom of the page, so I was trying to do a hard reset

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:58 PM
    My s6 gets hot every now and then, especially when I first bought it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-07-15 07:47 PM
    I tried the demo at the att store, I tried it for maybe 30 min and the phone was soo soo hot I had to put it down occasionally, is this happening to you guys? That's the only thing that kept me from buying

Posted via CB10
    Not at all.
    11-07-15 07:50 PM
    I noticed the same thing with the store demo I was playing with today. The vertical scrolling using the PKB was way over sensitive. The slightest up / down movement of my thumb would send the screen racing.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-07-15 07:56 PM
    I noticed the same thing with the store demo I was playing with today. The vertical scrolling using the PKB was way over sensitive. The slightest up / down movement of my thumb would send the screen racing.
    Is this something we can tweak in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:16 PM
    The z30 is phenomenally good at keeping heat inside the unit. It's the only device I've ever owned that almost never felt hot to touch.
    Otherwise, like someone said before, almost all phones get hot once you're using them for a little while, especially if you're downloading updates, apps working in background and using the phone. Which is likely happening on the first couple of days.
    True statement. My Nokia 925 was hot after use...heck it would freeze up on me too. The Z30 is awesome. it is cool as the other side of the pillow. and the battery last well over one day with normal use. I like the looks of the Priv but there is variety of complaints on this site from users who brought the Priv and believe me I am taking notes.
    11-07-15 08:30 PM
52 123