At my office now, iPhone has 4 bars, Priv has two. Need to test more though one location doesn't mean anything.
    What gives? The real interesting thing is the reception quality, if I get the same call quality and internet connection with two bars like with four bars I just do not care how many bars are shown. Maybe other phones are displaying the signal in a more optimistic way

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:22 PM
    The dBM for the 6p ranged from -103 dBM to -105 dBM. The dBm on the Priv ranged from -110 dBM to -112 dBM.
    That may not seem like a big difference to most people but that is really a big difference. That is really poor. A signal at -103 dBm vs -110 dBm is 4 times better. A +3 dB difference is double the power received in mW, so a +7 dB difference is a little more than 4 times better.
    11-09-15 11:23 PM
    I checked out a Priv at a corporate AT&T store on Saturday. I out a Nexus 6p next to the Priv both on the left and right side and where the Priv was set up. The dBM for the 6p ranged from -103 dBM to -105 dBM. The dBm on the Priv ranged from -110 dBM to -112 dBM.
    Yea same here legit 10%, at home my note 5 is 92dbm and my Priv is 101dbm. Need more power to the antenna and it will be good, definite software fix.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 11:26 PM
    Yea same here legit 10%, at home my note 5 is 92dbm and my Priv is 101dbm. Need more power to the antenna and it will be good, definite software fix.

Seems like there may be a manufacturing problem and it is evident on some devices. If it was software, everyone would be seeing the poor reception because everyone is using the same software. Maybe an antenna, cable or connection problem within the phone. Sometimes small cables or circuit traces are used from the antenna to the radio circuitry. Poor connection points can be a real problem.
    11-09-15 11:34 PM
    I have the Priv. In my office I get 2 bars on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and 0 bars on the Priv...

Hopefully it doesnt actually mean anything.
    11-09-15 11:43 PM
    My reception socks with the Priv. I've had mine for 8 days now and I'm disappointed in that. My Samsung S6 works great had has 5 bars LTE in my bedroom while my priv on LTE in the same spot has one or two. I am currently using it on 4g and I only have 4 bars in the same spot. This needs to be fixed immediately. That is one of the few negatives with this phone.

11-15-15 06:31 AM
    Just an update from my end:

I received my Priv yesterday and, even though it does seem like it shows fewer bars than other phones and possibly slightly lower gain, I haven't had any issues with data/call drops and call quality has been great even during my 45 mile commute to work (on T-Mobile). So far so good.
    11-18-15 11:16 AM
    Just got my priv and the reception is way better than the q10. I get three bars lte where the q10 would be stuck weith full bars of H+

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    11-18-15 01:27 PM
33 12