No press event to keep the hype going? Just a soft release it sounds like.
    Because Priv stands for privacy. They're not going to announce it lol.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-21-15 12:25 PM
    From what I understand about CPW - it's not uncommon for them to have no stock or virtually no stock of new phones on launch day in stores - so I wouldn't rely on them having many units two weeks out...
    True. Also as I've said elsewhere they're offering it �579 sim free Inc tax.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    10-21-15 12:28 PM
    was to in my local store that they wernt getting any stock so I then phoned cpw and was told that there would be stock in store
    Uzi likes this.
    10-21-15 12:30 PM
    No press event to keep the hype going? Just a soft release it sounds like.
    I've heard rumors it's a Global launch and that all the US Carriers are on board....

But I'm wondering if maybe BlackBerry and their manufacturing partner is testing the waters first in two small markets that still know who BlackBerry is. Anyway these are just preorders.... they still might have some kinda "launch" before the devices hit customers hands or other retailers stores.

(but it is kinda strange)
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-21-15 01:13 PM
    I can imagine that the official ad/commercial bb released will be it.....I mean, other devices didn't had any big launch either as far as I can remember.....mouth to word-of-mouth-marketing is BB's thing. Yeah, I know, due to lack of coins too.........
    Look, I'm not asking for an event. I am just asking for a formal press release as opposed to a ******* Google adsense banner ad.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-21-15 03:45 PM
    I've heard rumors it's a Global launch and that all the US Carriers are on board....

But I'm wondering if maybe BlackBerry and their manufacturing partner is testing the waters first in two small markets that still know who BlackBerry is. Anyway these are just preorders.... they still might have some kinda "launch" before the devices hit customers hands or other retailers stores.

(but it is kinda strange)
    Good point - awfully quiet two weeks out - starting to remind me of the palm pre 3 which just *appeared* on sale one day...
    10-21-15 04:27 PM
    Good point - awfully quiet two weeks out - starting to remind me of the palm pre 3 which just *appeared* on sale one day...
    The Palm Pre 3 was in a different situation. HP was ditching hardware.

Either BlackBerry wants to make a splash by finally announcing (to the general public) a product ready for sale immediately, unlike previous launches, or they're getting a new CEO, like when the Z30 came out... The only reason we know more here is because we've been watching the nuts and bolts being put in place for the launch.
    10-22-15 05:30 AM
    The Palm Pre 3 was in a different situation. HP was ditching hardware.

Either BlackBerry wants to make a splash by finally announcing (to the general public) a product ready for sale immediately, unlike previous launches, or they're getting a new CEO, like when the Z30 came out... The only reason we know more here is because we've been watching the nuts and bolts being put in place for the launch.
    Well its out in two weeks - at this point generally there is an attempt to build a buzz - except for using free social media accounts, where is the buzz building occurring? TV adverts? Newspapers? - unless you already knew or cared about the Priv - how would you discover it?
    10-22-15 06:40 AM
    Well its out in two weeks - at this point generally there is an attempt to build a buzz - except for using free social media accounts, where is the buzz building occurring? TV adverts? Newspapers? - unless you already knew or cared about the Priv - how would you discover it?
    Even if the did build some buzz.... I think a $749 US price would kill it pretty quickly.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-22-15 07:34 AM
    Even if the did build some buzz.... I think a $749 US price would kill it pretty quickly.
    Unless you announce it as $199 under contract, like Apple does...
    10-22-15 03:40 PM
    You basically get it in carrier stores and online shops, then make a big general public announcement on the day of and say it's available today to look at and buy... everywhere. Make a point to say that everyone else makes you wait, but not BlackBerry.
    10-22-15 03:44 PM
36 12