What's with the Priv device? It starts to shutdown and reboot itself repeatedly multiple times.

Even if I turn on the device, before I began to touch the screen with my finger and poof! The screen suddenly turns black and it starts to load the boot process again...

- Sometimes it doesn't function, so I do the softreset which normally works. In the meantime Priv is plugged for charging up the battery.

- Sometimes it does function, so I do nothing but watch the loaded booting process, but all of a sudden the battery through battery life has decreased a lot afterwards (like from 100% to 20%). In the meantime Priv is still plugged for charging up the battery.

- When I unplugged the device for a couple of seconds from battery charge, Priv shutdown completely, like it turns off . I turn on the device and then on screen it indicates that I have to plug the device and charge up the battery again.

I don't get it. Priv has the most recent updates of all of the downloaded apps.

How pafetic it turn out to be.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-20 09:30 PM
    What's with the Priv device? It starts to shutdown and reboot itself repeatedly multiple times.

Even if I turn on the device, before I began to touch the screen with my finger and poof! The screen suddenly turns black and it starts to load the boot process again...

- Sometimes it doesn't function, so I do the softreset which normally works. In the meantime Priv is plugged for charging up the battery.

- Sometimes it does function, so I do nothing but watch the loaded booting process, but all of a sudden the battery through battery life has decreased a lot afterwards (like from 100% to 20%). In the meantime Priv is still plugged for charging up the battery.

- When I unplugged the device for a couple of seconds from battery charge, Priv shutdown completely, like it turns off . I turn on the device and then on screen it indicates that I have to plug the device and charge up the battery again.

I don't get it. Priv has the most recent updates of all of the downloaded apps.

How pafetic it turn out to be.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like your almost five year old hardware need battery replacement
    06-10-20 10:12 PM
    Sounds like your almost five year old hardware need battery replacement
    But do you think or know if this will help and solve the issue?

If so, have you had experienced with the device in the past?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-20 10:27 PM
    But do you think or know if this will help and solve the issue?

If so, have you had experienced with the device in the past?

Posted via CB10
    Could be the battery. Could be the power button is getting stuck - on its own or because of a case.
    06-10-20 11:54 PM
    Could be the battery. Could be the power button is getting stuck - on its own or because of a case.
    I have a STV100-4 model Priv device..

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/400...0a9404e&is_c=Y

Is this the type of a replayment battery that I wanna order and does it fit in the device (Based of the model that I now have)?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-20 05:08 AM

Is this the type of a replayment battery that I wanna order and does it fit in the device (Based of the model that I now have)?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, but they say it will fit. I assume they'd take it back if it didn't.
    06-11-20 06:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can order also from EBay and Amazon.
    06-11-20 11:55 AM
    I have done my research about replacement batteries for the Priv..

But most of them are not to be trusted from what I saw on one of the YouTube video's. Especially the ones who thought for having bigger battery life.

Al the replacement batteries came from Asia - China or Japan.
    One of the YouTuber told his side of the story about how the seller scams his customers on long distance.

He showed his replacement battery for his type model of the smartphone device (I think it was Sony) after he unpacked it, then he removed the cover which was sealed on it. Later he discoverd and revealed (Based on the information sticker) that he was scammed by the seller.

What was the scam to be precise? YouTuber ordered a 4200 mAh battery but sadly he received a battery that reduces half of it (like 2600 mAh). I can tell he wasn't pleased with and had payed for $ 30,- . He didn't revealed where on internet he had bought the replacement battery.

When I've learned about it, it gives me doubt to order an replacement battery for the Priv in the future and I really do think that this isn't worth after all.

Posted via CB10
    sorincas likes this.
    06-11-20 04:31 PM
    On second thought, I have now ordered a RB for my Priv. The RB is located somewhere in Europe (Not Asia).

My original Priv battery is kinda half death at the moment plus it function very low and poor on power. It definitely needs to be replaced for a new battery asap.

I also had tried out in the beginning to test and charge with several universal USB data cables with caution and the trick didn't help and no luck afterwards.

My only option is to swap quickly from one to another Priv batteries.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-20 11:00 PM
    I ordered my Battery for my PRIV and will replace next week. Ordered via Ebay from a local supplier in Europe although battery looks identical to original same capacity size and of course made in China. Let's see how it goes after simple swap.
    I do use my PRIV daily.
    07-23-20 11:13 PM
    so how did the battery replacement go? did it fix the rebooting issue?
    08-05-20 11:51 PM
    This happened on an original unlocked Priv I owned from 2015-2019. I thought it would turn out to be a bad battery. Everyone told me it would be a battery. So I took it to a repair shop and paid nearly $100 for them to replace the battery, early last year.

Turns out, that didn't fix it. It still reboots/turns off just seconds or minutes after it loads up, Still won't stay on.
    Repair guy said it's probably the processor going bad or some such vital component. To repair it, it'd cost more than what you can buy a replacement Priv for. So you better hope your issue is a battery otherwise you're screwed. Good luck
    08-08-20 10:05 PM
    On second thought, I have now ordered a RB for my Priv. The RB is located somewhere in Europe (Not Asia).

My original Priv battery is kinda half death at the moment plus it function very low and poor on power. It definitely needs to be replaced for a new battery asap.

I also had tried out in the beginning to test and charge with several universal USB data cables with caution and the trick didn't help and no luck afterwards.

My only option is to swap quickly from one to another Priv batteries.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever happened?
    08-11-20 07:02 AM
    Priv does this after app updates.

-First clear app cache.
    -Then turn off device. Do NOT use the restart option.
    -Restart device using the power button on side of device.

I deal with this issue on my Priv often.
    11-16-20 12:34 AM